Urban Decay Snatch

Urban Decay Snatch

3.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 9/13/2016 1:09:00 PM

Wow I really didn't like this :(

I picked this shadow as my free shadow from UD for my birthday and I ordered it online based just off pictures/reviews/swatches.

First of all, while most reviews and swatches describe it as being warm and peachy, it pulls cool and borderline lilac on me (NC15ish). Not what I was hoping for, but the color does bring out my green eyes nicely.

That's about the only positive I have for this shadow though. It's described as having "micro" glitter. I was pleased with this description as I prefer some shimmer/sparkle in my eyeshadows and don't usually struggle with fallout, but the glitter seems really large to me. And the fallout, omg. I feel like my cheeks turn into disco ball seconds after applying, and it's hard to remove the glitter too. Plus, I feel like it gets in my eyes throughout the day, which is particularly uncomfortable as a contact wearer.

Since it's a single, I'll just throw it in a travel or "emergency" makeup bag, since the it does bring out my eye color and is better than nothing, but even then I bet I'll still end up purging this before long. Do not recommend.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I LOVE this shadow! It is the perfect blend of light peachy pink that I've been looking for. This has more peach than pink. (I accidentaly bought Scratch instead of Snatch at Sephora and HATED Scratch because it's so pink it makes me look ill). Yes, this shadow has glitter in it but I don't find it as obnoxious as some of the other reviewers. I like the sparkly effect it gives the tops of my cheeks, and honestly, the glitter isn't that "showy". I wore this to work and my boss actually complimented the color.

I have very yellow, fair skin and this does wonders to warm up my eyelids. I take a big fluffy synthetic shadow brush and sweep this all over from my inner corners up into the crease, and then put a darker shadow on just my lid and voila, polished look for work. The bonus for me is that Urban Decay is cruelty free.

To Read all 14 Reviews, Login or Join

on 9/7/2013 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have this in a UD palette, and never reach for it, ever. It's a peachy base colour, kind of like Scratch (which is one of my fave shadows EVER), but it has chunky, obnoxious glitter in it. Like very very chunky and very very obnoxious glitter. I would much rather add my own glitter topper to Scratch (not sure why I ever would, though).

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

A real UD dud!
l think the pink is quite lovely, and maybe scratch would be close? But the glitter makes it impossible to wear for day, which is what I would want it for.

Beautiful colour. However, I HATE THE GLITTER! It falls out all over your face. Wouldnt purchase again as long as there is glitter still in it!

This is a pretty peachy pink color with gold glitter. TIP: When using this product DRY: tap off any excess and there is literally no glitter that transfers to your lids. Just dab the brush in the shadow and tap it about 5 or 6 times and all that glitter falls out of the brush! Another tip, if you're wanting the glitter effect, apply wet. Get the brush wet and dab it into the shadow and pat it on your lids. The glitter falls out a little but not as much as it would using it dry!

If you want a somewhat similar color without the glitter, pick of Scratch from Urban Decay. :)

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this color SO much. It is one of my go-to colors to wear all over, as a highlighter, or whatever. Great at all times of the day, wonderful color on my brown eyes. One HUGE problem though: the glitter fall out. Unless you want to look like a fairy princess, you're going to have to get creative to keep it from getting all over your face. Like I said, I LOVE this color, but sometimes the glitter fall-out is just TOO much to handle. If only there was another color that didn't have the same problem! This being said, I love the color so much, I would still buy it and put up with the glitter.

I love the colour so much and it works so well on my pale blue-grey eyes, it would be a PERFECT eyeshadow if it weren't for the chunks of glitter! And by chunks I literally mean chunks, they're very noticeable and large and I end up having people tell me that I have glitter on my face throughout the day. =/

I don't know what Urban Decay is thinking throwing glitter in eyeshadows, they've ruined several because of this in my opinion. No one wants glitter fall-out!!! Please listen to us!

on 4/16/2011 9:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I absolutely LOVE this! The color is perfect, and I really like the glitter. I have the same complaint as everyone else with the glitter fallout, but I think its kind of fun too. I keep meaning to try it wet to see if it helps with the fallout or not. Overall tho, I love it and will definitely keep this in my stash.

on 3/20/2011 11:47:00 AM

I have fair skin with golden undertones and this color looks awesome on me! However, I do have a problem with the glitter like everyone else. Had this color not had the glitter, it would probably be my favorite eye shadow color. It really makes my eyes pop and blends well with other colors in the Show Pony shadow palette.