Trader Joe's Enrich Moisturizing Face Lotion SPF 15

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Trader Joe's Enrich Moisturizing Face Lotion SPF 15
Enter TitleEnter Title

4.5

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 6.0 - Sunscreen. Zinc Oxide 3.0 - Sunscreen. Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Isohexadecane, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Cyclotetrasiloxane, Polyacrylamide, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Stearyl Alcohol, Ascorbic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Allantoin, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethyhexylglycerin, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Laureth-7, Disodium EDTA, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin.

I love this stuff. Only drawback is the low SPF. It's lightweight, non-greasy, and washes off easily. The combination of chemical/physical sunscreen is a good match for my sensitive skin. And cheap to boot.

on 1/14/2018 4:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I like that it doubles as a moisturizer/sunscreen. Glides on very easily. Leaves the skin feeling smooth & looking hydrated. Works well underneath makeup. Inexpensive. It's now my go-to. Melts into the skin. The texture is just like your standard lotion. Doesn't leave a white cast. If I'm on the go, the size is perfect for my cosmetic bag/purse. If you're allergic to silicones, then common sense says steer clear. Luckily, I don't have that issue so it works well for me.

While vacationing in Seattle, I grabbed this moisturizer as a cheapy because I had left my other expensive brand at home. I am thrilled with everything about it. The price is amazing, the lotion is perfect for my skin, it contains SPF, and its cruelty free. Yay !!!!! Sadly we don't have a Trader Joes in Canada where I live, or would probably always have a bottle of this moisturizer on hand. Because I liked it so much, I ended up buying some other TJ body products (will review at a later time). Next trip to the US where there is a Trader Joe store, I will be grabbing a couple more bottles. This is a good product to take travelling too, as its a flatter type bottle so it stows nicely in your cosmetic bag, etc. If it spills, gets lost, or swiped at some resort you really don't lose anything. After having my brand new expensive MAC eyebrow pencil stolen at a resort at Cuba I think about that kind of stuff when I travel.

My only complaint is the packaging is boring. But when push comes to shove, who really cares. It doesn't have to look pretty.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is just what the doctor ordered for my skin! I have been suffering from some uncharacteristic dry spots on my cheeks and this is keeping me soft and smooth. Yes, it is loaded with silicones but silicone is only bad for your skin if it breaks you out. This doesn't break me out in the slightest and it is PERFECT under makeup. At about 5 bucks, this is an amazing cream. I haven't really tried a Trader Joe's toiletry that I haven't loved! 👍🏻

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Half the price of neutrogena. Don't get quite as much in the container as neutrogena but still cheaper. Love that it is paraben free. Does not clog pores. It is my new favorite!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Overall I love this moisturizer and plan to repurchase. I love that it has spf as the other moisturizer they had in the store did not. This would be a 5 lippie product for me if it had an spf of 30 or higher since that is the recommended minimal amount. It soaks in quickly and is not greasy, just as it advertises. It's a small bottle but I can tell it's going to last a long time. I use about a nickel size amount once or twice a day and there's about 4/5 of the bottle left after 1.5 months. It doesn't seem to aggravate my sensitive skin. I hate using this under my liquid foundation though because the foundation never adheres to my skin and slides around on my face, eventually sliding right off. Looks pretty bad. A matte powder to set it does not fix the problem. I'm unsure what the result would be if you used a powder foundation instead. I got it at Trader Joes for about $4 which is a fair price. The packaging is nice so far but I think once I start running out I'm going to wish there was a pump or a squeeze tube. No parabens or cones I believe, so go try it!
_________________________________________________________________________
EDIT:
I used this for about two months. It worked fine. But when I looked it up on EWG.org I was displeased with the bad rating it received. While using a TCA peel on my face I couldn't use anything that could be upsetting to my skin and then the idea struck me--"Why use something every day that I'm not comfortable using when my skin is sensitive? What is using harsh products daily doing to my skin in the long run? Shouldn't I just use the same products that I use to heal my peeled skin all the time?" So I am going the sensitive skincare route now. I am thinking of trying Kiss My Face Face Factor 30 moisturizer.

on 1/7/2015 2:22:00 AM

Great product. Sufficiently moisturizing for day on my combo skin, and spf. Often drugstore/cheaper spf burns or stings my face, this doesn't. My only complaint is that I wish the spf was a bit higher, living in southern california it'd be nice to have a bit more protection.

on 7/31/2014 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I tried this because I love the Nourish facial cleanser. This is a very simple moisturizer. I wish the SPF was a little higher -- I'd feel better wearing it on my face. I use this on my arms, hands, and chest. It is light and doesn't smell like a sunscreen. It moisturizes just fine. If it was SPF 30 -- I'd definitely buy it for me. But I use this on my kids faces on a daily basis -- not for swimming, but just everyday wear!

Simple, to-the-point, accessible and does exactly what it says on the tin. A great value and a great product. I won't be without it!

on 9/6/2013 3:50:00 PM

This was a nice surprise. Going to work or staying inside during the day I use this over the Antioxidant Facial Moisturizer and it's perfect for my skin (and the time I have in the a.m.) I was using a Vitamin C serum but it took a much longer time to dry and the antioxidant is nice. While this is only an SPF15, if it was higher it would probably be much drier and I like a little moisture under my primer and/or makeup. It's inexpensive, easy to pickup, and I've never had my face look pink after being outside in the sun. I know they have an SPF30 ss and I may try it but this is perfect for now.