Trader Joe's Enrich Moisturizing Face Lotion SPF 15

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Trader Joe's Enrich Moisturizing Face Lotion SPF 15
Enter TitleEnter Title

4.5

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 6.0 - Sunscreen. Zinc Oxide 3.0 - Sunscreen. Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Isohexadecane, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Cyclotetrasiloxane, Polyacrylamide, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Stearyl Alcohol, Ascorbic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Allantoin, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethyhexylglycerin, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Laureth-7, Disodium EDTA, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin.

I love this stuff. Only drawback is the low SPF. It's lightweight, non-greasy, and washes off easily. The combination of chemical/physical sunscreen is a good match for my sensitive skin. And cheap to boot.

on 1/14/2018 4:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I like that it doubles as a moisturizer/sunscreen. Glides on very easily. Leaves the skin feeling smooth & looking hydrated. Works well underneath makeup. Inexpensive. It's now my go-to. Melts into the skin. The texture is just like your standard lotion. Doesn't leave a white cast. If I'm on the go, the size is perfect for my cosmetic bag/purse. If you're allergic to silicones, then common sense says steer clear. Luckily, I don't have that issue so it works well for me.

on 5/4/2016 3:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Have used this for years. If you don't want wrinkles, you have to WEAR GOOD SUNSCREEN! Oxide-based. Every Day.

This is effective, inexpensive, good for sensitive skin, can be used on face and body with no problem. I like this because it doesn't irritate my skin and doesn't cause breakouts. Also the sunscreen is oxide-based, which is much more reliable (instead of screening rays chemically, it makes them bounce right off your skin.) So far almost every other facial sunscreen either irritates my skin or has fragrance or a weird texture or is just too darn expensive.

In hot weather, it can sometimes feel a little oily but doesn't seem to clog pores. Also there is a faint faint whitish cast, it doesn't completely disappear. A light dusting of bronzer takes care of that.

Plus SUPER well priced. I put it on every day to avoid wrinkles.

on 12/6/2015 11:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is my daily moisturizer. It's just hydrating enough, does not in any way aggravate my adult acne, and is unscented, which I find really important in face products. In the summer it doesn't make me feel greasy, and in the winter, if I need a bit more hydration I'll add a single drop of jojoba before blending in my palms and applying. My skin can often be sensitive and irritated from some of the acne products I use, and this always soothes, never stings or burns. It's SPF 15, which I wouldn't rely on for serious sun exposure but it's still something I want in my daily moisturizer. Also, super bonus, it's very affordable. Love it. The only drawback is that the press open cap can leak during travel, but otherwise I find the packaging very convenient and pretty.

This is my daily moisturizer/sunscreen. After spending $$$$$ on daily moisturizers with sunscreen that left me with a white cast or smelling like suntan lotion, I saw a lady putting this in her cart at TJ and asked her if she liked it. She said she loved it better than so many expensive ones she had used, I decided to try it. Perfect! Great formula! Nice.light, moisturizing and basic sun protection. This is a winner! In the summer, I often will switch to SPF 30 sunscreen, but for most of the year it is this one!

on 10/13/2015 5:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I've turned so many people on to this product. I lovelovelove it. SPF, moisturizing, not greasy, unscented. Just need to convince the husband to start using it. I put it on my girls' sweet little girl skin. I have at least four bottles of this around at all times!

on 6/8/2015 12:05:00 PM

I make most of my skincare and body products myself; moisturizers, cleansers, toners, body lotion, body wash, etc. But sunscreen is one thing you cannot reliably make for yourself. I found this product through Paula Begoun's "Beautypedia", and I'm on my third or fourth bottle. You'd be hard pressed to find a moisturizer w/ sunscreen for less money than this, yet the quality is excellent. It has a light silky texture that sinks right into skin. It's just beautiful. I think it would be sufficiently moisturizing for all but the dryest skin, but it's not greasy either. The. formula has some good antioxidants in it, and uses opaque, airtight packaging to keep them stable. It has no discernible fragrance, which is great because I hate sunscreens that have that dinstinctive sunscreen-y smell. Yes, the SPF could be a bit higher, but for me it's no big deal. I always apply it before leaving the house in the daytime, and since I'm almost never out in the sun for more than an hour, SPF 15 is sufficient. I would just advise you to reapply throughout the day whenever you're going outside. If I am planning to be outside for more than an hour, I use something with a higher SPF. Used in this way, I think SPF 15 is fine for everyday use. I also find that with some other facial sunscreens I’ve used, when I wear them outside on a hot day, they sort of melt on my face and get into my eyes. It’s very annoying. Happily this is never a problem with Trader Joe’s Enrich. The bottle is sturdy and convenient for travel, and as a bonus it's quite attractive looking IMO :) This is a very good product at a price that's more than fair. Trader Joe's rocks! But we already knew that, right?

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Overall I love this moisturizer and plan to repurchase. I love that it has spf as the other moisturizer they had in the store did not. This would be a 5 lippie product for me if it had an spf of 30 or higher since that is the recommended minimal amount. It soaks in quickly and is not greasy, just as it advertises. It's a small bottle but I can tell it's going to last a long time. I use about a nickel size amount once or twice a day and there's about 4/5 of the bottle left after 1.5 months. It doesn't seem to aggravate my sensitive skin. I hate using this under my liquid foundation though because the foundation never adheres to my skin and slides around on my face, eventually sliding right off. Looks pretty bad. A matte powder to set it does not fix the problem. I'm unsure what the result would be if you used a powder foundation instead. I got it at Trader Joes for about $4 which is a fair price. The packaging is nice so far but I think once I start running out I'm going to wish there was a pump or a squeeze tube. No parabens or cones I believe, so go try it!
_________________________________________________________________________
EDIT:
I used this for about two months. It worked fine. But when I looked it up on EWG.org I was displeased with the bad rating it received. While using a TCA peel on my face I couldn't use anything that could be upsetting to my skin and then the idea struck me--"Why use something every day that I'm not comfortable using when my skin is sensitive? What is using harsh products daily doing to my skin in the long run? Shouldn't I just use the same products that I use to heal my peeled skin all the time?" So I am going the sensitive skincare route now. I am thinking of trying Kiss My Face Face Factor 30 moisturizer.

I found this moisturizer while surfing the reviews! Great one for very little money!

on 1/4/2015 8:31:00 PM

I have been using this moisturizer for about a month now after it replacing my Juice Beauty SPF moisturizer. This moisturizer is very light, very little fragrance, and does not clog my pores, has SPF 15 (I wish it were a bit more). Best of all it is very affordable and keeps my face moisturizer throughout an eight hour work day. This may not work for people in harsh winters but for me it's a no frills moisturizer with SPF. Definitely a repurchase!