Trader Joe's Enrich Moisturizing Face Lotion SPF 15

Trader Joe's Enrich Moisturizing Face Lotion SPF 15
Enter TitleEnter Title

4.3

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 6.0 - Sunscreen. Zinc Oxide 3.0 - Sunscreen. Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Isohexadecane, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Cyclotetrasiloxane, Polyacrylamide, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Stearyl Alcohol, Ascorbic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Allantoin, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethyhexylglycerin, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Laureth-7, Disodium EDTA, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin.

While vacationing in Seattle, I grabbed this moisturizer as a cheapy because I had left my other expensive brand at home. I am thrilled with everything about it. The price is amazing, the lotion is perfect for my skin, it contains SPF, and its cruelty free. Yay !!!!! Sadly we don't have a Trader Joes in Canada where I live, or would probably always have a bottle of this moisturizer on hand. Because I liked it so much, I ended up buying some other TJ body products (will review at a later time). Next trip to the US where there is a Trader Joe store, I will be grabbing a couple more bottles. This is a good product to take travelling too, as its a flatter type bottle so it stows nicely in your cosmetic bag, etc. If it spills, gets lost, or swiped at some resort you really don't lose anything. After having my brand new expensive MAC eyebrow pencil stolen at a resort at Cuba I think about that kind of stuff when I travel.

My only complaint is the packaging is boring. But when push comes to shove, who really cares. It doesn't have to look pretty.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is just what the doctor ordered for my skin! I have been suffering from some uncharacteristic dry spots on my cheeks and this is keeping me soft and smooth. Yes, it is loaded with silicones but silicone is only bad for your skin if it breaks you out. This doesn't break me out in the slightest and it is PERFECT under makeup. At about 5 bucks, this is an amazing cream. I haven't really tried a Trader Joe's toiletry that I haven't loved! 👍🏻

on 9/22/2016 10:09:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

This is great stuff for the money. Only drawback is that it's a physical sun blocker and the zinc oxide/Octinoxate always seems to overheat my face. I switched to the Refresh formula by Trader Joe's because of the higher SPF but I still go back to this stuff now and then when I won't be in the sun all day.

on 3/13/2017 1:03:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I've used this for years! I love it because it has SPF & it doesn't leave any white residue, it's not oily, doesn't clog my pores, and it doesn't smell like SPF. The only downside I've noticed is that white residue will appear on my forehead but only when I'm really sweating on those hot summer days.

UPDATE June 2017: Although I love this, I've found an alternative that doesn't leave a white residue on hot days.

on 8/21/2016 2:59:00 AM

I don't know why my face is so picky when it comes to moisturizers, but I think I finally found my HG!! I've been using for about 6 months now and I love it - doesn't break out my acne prone, sensitive skin and is one of the more "natural" moisturizers I can find. I try to only use all natural products on my face (besides minimal makeup) and this is about as good as it gets!

on 8/18/2016 12:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Good, basic, everyday moisturizer. Just enough SPF. Relatively emollient. However, it felt like it sat on the surface of my skin and contributed to oiliness. Still, I like to use this when my skin is breaking out and I need to use gentler products.

on 8/13/2016 4:01:00 AM

My HG moisturizer! I have used this product consistently for about 5 years now and it is perfection. I love that it's no frills (exactly what I look for in a daily moisturizer), yet hydrating and has SPF. I live in Southern California, so there is no such thing as winter here, lol! So a daily SPF that I can use all year round is very important to me. Works beautifully under makeup too!

I will never stray from this product it's the best! This and the TJ's shaving cream are my 2 desert island products... Although without a razor the shaving cream would be pretty useless. 😜 Oh well I'd bring it just to smell it all day. 😉

on 5/17/2016 8:04:00 PM

I love things that work and this does. Light weight emollient with SPF without the sunscreen smell, I like the clean smell. Makes my skin feel as good as any of the other expensive daytime moisturizers I have used in the past. At this price I use it on my neck, chest and bare arms.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It provides decent moisture and SPF, which is a major plus in my book. However, there must be something in TJ's moisturizers that causes my skin to get irritated after a few uses.

on 5/4/2016 3:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Have used this for years. If you don't want wrinkles, you have to WEAR GOOD SUNSCREEN! Oxide-based. Every Day.

This is effective, inexpensive, good for sensitive skin, can be used on face and body with no problem. I like this because it doesn't irritate my skin and doesn't cause breakouts. Also the sunscreen is oxide-based, which is much more reliable (instead of screening rays chemically, it makes them bounce right off your skin.) So far almost every other facial sunscreen either irritates my skin or has fragrance or a weird texture or is just too darn expensive.

In hot weather, it can sometimes feel a little oily but doesn't seem to clog pores. Also there is a faint faint whitish cast, it doesn't completely disappear. A light dusting of bronzer takes care of that.

Plus SUPER well priced. I put it on every day to avoid wrinkles.

Popular Moisturizers