Trader Joe's Enrich Moisturizing Face Lotion SPF 15

Filtered by age: 19-24
Trader Joe's Enrich Moisturizing Face Lotion SPF 15
Enter TitleEnter Title

4.2

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 6.0 - Sunscreen. Zinc Oxide 3.0 - Sunscreen. Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Isohexadecane, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Cyclotetrasiloxane, Polyacrylamide, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Stearyl Alcohol, Ascorbic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Allantoin, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethyhexylglycerin, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Laureth-7, Disodium EDTA, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin.

on 3/13/2017 1:03:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

I've used this for years! I love it because it has SPF & it doesn't leave any white residue, it's not oily, doesn't clog my pores, and it doesn't smell like SPF. The only downside I've noticed is that white residue will appear on my forehead but only when I'm really sweating on those hot summer days.

UPDATE June 2017: Although I love this, I've found an alternative that doesn't leave a white residue on hot days.

on 8/18/2016 12:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Good, basic, everyday moisturizer. Just enough SPF. Relatively emollient. However, it felt like it sat on the surface of my skin and contributed to oiliness. Still, I like to use this when my skin is breaking out and I need to use gentler products.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It provides decent moisture and SPF, which is a major plus in my book. However, there must be something in TJ's moisturizers that causes my skin to get irritated after a few uses.

on 4/21/2016 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is literally the first face moisturizer I bought, in the middle of winter when my skin was red and cracking like mad and I was constantly attempting to use my obscenely expensive argan oil to fix it. Yikes!

This lotion is perfect for me. I can't see myself buying any other moisturizer or lotion anytime soon. It's affordable, it's emollient, it's hydrating, it's smoothing, it's got SPF, I'm always amazed at how much I glow when I put it on. It's a highlight of my morning!

I wouldn't recommend this for oily skin but that's a given for lotions.

edit: After owning this product for a while, I've found it can leave some gross crusty dried lotion residue. But this only seems to be an issue with the top, there's no residue when I take off the top and take the lotion from the bottle.

on 1/19/2016 5:15:00 PM

I love this stuff. I randomly picked it up at trader joes A year ago and I've bought many more since then! I have acne prone combination skin and it is great for all seasons except in the winter I usually layer it with another moisturizer on top.

on 7/24/2015 3:22:00 PM

I bought this a couple of months ago at at traders joes a long with a face wash.. I was using it constantly but my face started getting a bit more oily than usual and i found it that it would take a while to penetrate my skin but i love the fact that it has spf the smell doesnt bother me it kinda smell like sunscreen.. Idk of its kust me but it reminds me of the olay moisturizer but its costs twice as the traders joes one .. I would repurchase this again. Hopefully the first bottle i used was just bad..

on 6/8/2015 12:05:00 PM

I make most of my skincare and body products myself; moisturizers, cleansers, toners, body lotion, body wash, etc. But sunscreen is one thing you cannot reliably make for yourself. I found this product through Paula Begoun's "Beautypedia", and I'm on my third or fourth bottle. You'd be hard pressed to find a moisturizer w/ sunscreen for less money than this, yet the quality is excellent. It has a light silky texture that sinks right into skin. It's just beautiful. I think it would be sufficiently moisturizing for all but the dryest skin, but it's not greasy either. The. formula has some good antioxidants in it, and uses opaque, airtight packaging to keep them stable. It has no discernible fragrance, which is great because I hate sunscreens that have that dinstinctive sunscreen-y smell. Yes, the SPF could be a bit higher, but for me it's no big deal. I always apply it before leaving the house in the daytime, and since I'm almost never out in the sun for more than an hour, SPF 15 is sufficient. I would just advise you to reapply throughout the day whenever you're going outside. If I am planning to be outside for more than an hour, I use something with a higher SPF. Used in this way, I think SPF 15 is fine for everyday use. I also find that with some other facial sunscreens I’ve used, when I wear them outside on a hot day, they sort of melt on my face and get into my eyes. It’s very annoying. Happily this is never a problem with Trader Joe’s Enrich. The bottle is sturdy and convenient for travel, and as a bonus it's quite attractive looking IMO :) This is a very good product at a price that's more than fair. Trader Joe's rocks! But we already knew that, right?

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Overall I love this moisturizer and plan to repurchase. I love that it has spf as the other moisturizer they had in the store did not. This would be a 5 lippie product for me if it had an spf of 30 or higher since that is the recommended minimal amount. It soaks in quickly and is not greasy, just as it advertises. It's a small bottle but I can tell it's going to last a long time. I use about a nickel size amount once or twice a day and there's about 4/5 of the bottle left after 1.5 months. It doesn't seem to aggravate my sensitive skin. I hate using this under my liquid foundation though because the foundation never adheres to my skin and slides around on my face, eventually sliding right off. Looks pretty bad. A matte powder to set it does not fix the problem. I'm unsure what the result would be if you used a powder foundation instead. I got it at Trader Joes for about $4 which is a fair price. The packaging is nice so far but I think once I start running out I'm going to wish there was a pump or a squeeze tube. No parabens or cones I believe, so go try it!
_________________________________________________________________________
EDIT:
I used this for about two months. It worked fine. But when I looked it up on EWG.org I was displeased with the bad rating it received. While using a TCA peel on my face I couldn't use anything that could be upsetting to my skin and then the idea struck me--"Why use something every day that I'm not comfortable using when my skin is sensitive? What is using harsh products daily doing to my skin in the long run? Shouldn't I just use the same products that I use to heal my peeled skin all the time?" So I am going the sensitive skincare route now. I am thinking of trying Kiss My Face Face Factor 30 moisturizer.

Amazing face lotion! I have super sensitive, combination skin and this face lotion is perfect for me. I use it right after I step out of the shower and even use it at night. Super moisturizing and lightweight. Been using this lotion for years.

on 7/24/2013 5:03:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

The best lotion/ SPF/ makeup primer/ moisturizer I have ever used! On of the best points is it does not clog pores! I agree with some of the other reviews though I do wish it was with a pump... Besides that it is a great product and affordable too. I bought 6 bottles last trip to the states and will buy more!