Skinn Cosmetics Olive and Enzyme Rich Balm Cleanser

Skinn Cosmetics Olive and Enzyme Rich Balm Cleanser

3.9

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

While I find the scent of the product to be absolutely intoxicating, it's a bit too oily for my already oily skin. It's great as a "makeup meltdown" of sorts, but my skin doesn't exactly feel clean after using it....it feels more like an oil slick.

All in all, I'd say the fragrance and packaging on this is perfect, but it's a bit too oily for everyday use....at least for anyone with oily skin. If you have oily skin, I recommend sticking with Skinn's AM Cleanser instead....that stuff is PERFECT.

I wanted to adore this product and use it with my Clarisonic to blast my skin into the beautysphere, but sadly DO NOT use it with a Clarisonic. I promise you, you’ll just have an icky, clogged mess on your hands. I don’t remember reading if it’s even recommended to use with a Clarisonic, but I did as an experiment when I first got it for a couple weeks. My skin broke out, looked like an orange peel, and was red, inflamed and just plain unhappy. I was ready to chuck it out but the Skinn a.m. cleanser is so great, I wanted to give this pm cleanser a second chance. So I use it like a cold cream—rub it all over my face at night, even eyes, and kind of gently wipe with a disposable face cloth. If I’m in a hurry to skip a step, I’ll just use my hands to rub it and then rinse with tepid water—then hit my skin up with the Clarisonic and another non-creamy face wash. In any case, it removes makeup really nicely—gently, thoroughly but not causing redness or over-drying. I still remove my eye makeup most of the time with baby oil and a disposable face cloth, then use this to remove the oil residue and the rest of my makeup. I really quite like it now that I’m not using I with my Clarisonic. Another Skinn winner!

To Read all 19 Reviews, Login or Join

on 7/12/2015 12:14:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have been using this cleanser for about two years now. This item and the AM cleanser were the first things I bought from Skinn cosmetics. I love them and have only run out once for a few days and I hated going back to anything else. Your makeup comes off easy. After the rinse your face feels so soft. My only advice is try it. You won't be sorry.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Smells so so so so good!!! I could sit and smell this all day!! Works well to remove makeup, I often use when I am out of my makeup remover wipes. Not so sure on other properties though- don't notice any difference to my skin even after continued daily use. As much as I love the smell, I don't think that and its makeup remover properties are enough to convince me to re-purchase.

on 8/18/2014 11:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my new favorite cleanser! Works on all the Bullet Proof make up, smells amazing and can be used on the eyes without stinging. I like it better than Purity from Philosophy which is top rated, but stings my eyes. I've switched and am much happier!

on 8/9/2014 1:48:00 PM

I liked the scent and the idea behind this product, but I was not really able to put it to use because my skin type is incompatible with this type of product. This was okay for removing makeup and doing a sort of pre-cleanse, but I could not make this my primary cleanser as it does not wash off all the way and I do not feel completely clean using it.

on 8/9/2014 9:14:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Silver, Other, Medium

Magnificent! I would spend big bucks to continue to buy this product - and that says a lot. I have VERY sensative skin that is just not happy with most cleansers. For me, this is the BEST cleanser I've ever used. It smells good enough to eat - orange creamsicle. YUM. It does a great job of cleaning off my makeup, Yes, I now use Skinn's brand of serums and moisturizer along with a light dusting of pure mineral powder foundation (another brand) and it's all gone after cleansing.

My skin has never looked this good and I'm 67 yrs old. I could use this morning and night, but find I have better overall results using the Sulfate Free Cleanser in the a.m. To me, the Sulphate Free smells of tea tree oil - the smell is a bit intense, but it does really clean my pores and prep my skin for treatment items - also, non-drying and no irritation!

If I had to pick one HG cleanser, this is it. Just a pump or two slathered onto my face in the evening - a gentle massage to loosen any makeup and treatment items on my skin - and finally, a warm, damp washcloth to gently remove. TOTALLY non-drying and non-irritating to my skin and a very relaxing fragrance to boot. To me, it doesn't get any better than this. Skin does NOT feel tight - NO FLAKING - totally miraculous results for my skin! No more redness or irritation - skin appears brighter, more translucent (if that's even possible). Overall, I'd say it appears to be younger, healhier skin.

I buy the Skinn combo packs when they're on "special presentation" a couple of times a year on a home shopping channel. I've become totally addicted to a lot of the product line. Some items I never would have thought to have tried individually, but bought a whole package deal because of the large pump size of this cleanser that was included. So far, I've been extremely impressed with the quality and results of the whole product line.

I'm a soapmaker and have formulated my own creams and cleansers with some of the best additives I could lay my hands on. Most commercial products were irritating and caused my skin to itch and/or flake - or were just, ... meh - no positive effect at all. Hands down, the pump dispenser and "actives" in this line make the price point dirt cheap. You get a really high quality product for the monies spent. Yes, they'll have to pry this stuff out of my cold, clammy hands after I'm gone. :)

He boasted natural ingredients on TV, but really missed the mark with his entire line. Over fragranced and saw zero difference in my skin. If he truly researched everything out there, he wouldn't add some of the irritants he does in his product. One product in particular he said had concentrated "squaline" like a miracle for wrinkles. If this was the case then all companies would use it. Disappointed because it was super overhyped. Returned everything. This cleanser also did not remove makeup, my skin felt like I needed another cleanser to cleanse off the residue his left on my skin.

on 10/7/2013 8:23:00 PM

Mmmmmm. Talk about the yummiest smelling cleanser around!!
And, it works really well.
I pop it on outside the shower & leave it on my face or a few minutes. Then I jump in the shower & use a cosmetic cotton wool swab to wipe it off whilst showering. Voila. Then I toss the cotton.
Easy peasy.
Love this cleanser! I have it in a pump which I love.

on 6/8/2013 9:53:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have dry skin and this cleanser is perfect. First of all it smells divine!! Just like eating an orange creamsicle. It removes all traces of makeup and leaves my skin feeling very hydrated. I am definitely purchasing this again.

Popular Face Skincare Products