Giorgio Armani Rouge d'Armani 103

No Image

4.5

on 11/16/2016 4:16:00 PM

My favourite nude lipstick and actually my trusted lipstick. If I can't decide what to wear on my lips, this is my choice. I'm fair (NC15, 1N1 in EL) with light brown hair and most nude lipsticks make me look washed out. This is the only nude lipstick that looks flattering on me. The shade is a light, pinky nude. In fact, I think the pink tone is why it works on pale skin. The shade goes very well for a neutral office day look, but also great combined with smoky eye.

The formula of Rouge d'Armani is to die for. It's creamy, applies evenly and keeps my lips hydrated. The finish is glossy satin. The staying power could be a little better (3-4 hours without drinking or eating), but that is usually the drawback with creamy lipsticks.

I have so many lipsticks that they almost never ran out. This one has, and I have happily repurchased the product. Couldn't recommend this more!

on 8/25/2012 8:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I own several Armani lippies, beige 100, beige 105 and pink 505 and pink 508. This is a lovely peachy pink, with enough pink that us cool-tone girls can wear it.

It goes on creamy and stays that way for 3-4 hours (without eating). This is my second fav Armani lippie, my first being beige 100.

on 6/2/2012 6:39:00 AM

I love this product! It is definitely my new fav lipstick! I love the nude colour I can go ahead and apply it wherever and whenever and it looks lovely and shiny on my lips. I don't find this drying at all, it makes my lips soft and moist like lip balm. I will definitely repurchase this and will go back to my nearest Giorgio Armani stockist to get this lipstick in different colours! Definitely recommend! <3

on 4/17/2012 10:59:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Despite other reviews, I do not find this lipstick formula drying or irritating at all (and I have sensitive lips). Compared to a matte MAC lipstick, this is more comfortable on the lips. 103 is a MLBB shade for me - light beige/pink that I like to pair with smokey eyes or use on those minimal makeup days. I find this lighter and more beige than 102 (slightly darker and more pink). I don't see any shimmer.

The lipstick is a little pricey but I loved the color when the MUA applied it and it's a go-to color I can slick on without a second thought.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I'm an NC42, GA Face Fabric #5. I love this lipstick. It's a beautiful shimmery peachy beige. It seems like it would not work for a tan complexion, but it does. It's great with a light gloss on top or alone. If your lips are pigmented like mine, apply then take three fingers and tap the center of your lips. Doing this with any lipstick will make the application less uniform and mimic the natural shading of your lips (with the center being ever so light). The texture is silky and smooth and it has a luminescence that is very nice.

on 11/5/2011 9:56:00 AM

This shade is just STUNNING!!! In the tube, it was nice, but when I swatched on my hand, it was love at first sight. The price is quite scary - $52 in Australia. I know... everyone thinks Aussie consumers are in dire need to be rip off every day. I tried to get it online, but wasn't able to find this shade. But I still couldn't resist. For a long wear formula, it is quite comfortable, but as other similar products on market, it still isn't that forgiving on dry lips. I usually put on some balm lightly before my make up routine, by the time I get to put on the lipstick, the application will be super smooth. And the shade! It is beautiful! I've been looking for a beautiful, wearable, natural looking pink lipstick that is pigmented, but not childish/ harsh looking. This is it! It is a soft, nude pink, MLBB shade. When first put on, it is slightly glossy, but as time goes on, it becomes more matte. And when it does, it goes down to a soft pink stain. It is almost like I'm wearing no lipstick at all, and my natural lip colour is this beautiful natural pink shade. And even after eating, unless the food contains a lof of oil, it is still visible. I've also tried the red tone one at the counter. However, I must admit the lighter shades are not that long wearing as their dark colour counterparts. But other than the scary price, I have nothing to complain.

on 10/30/2011 7:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is the perfect neutral pinky-nude lipstick for fair ladies with nonpigmented lips. Gives just the right amount of color so I don't have that nude corpse lips look goin' on. I grab for this when I'm not sure what to wear, although I like it best when I'm wearing eyeshadow since it's a pretty muted color. I used mine up and am about to repurchase. The texture is not drying at all. Quite smooth and creamy. The packaging (magnetic closure!) is lovely, too. Can't rave enough about this lippie. Check it out if you're NC10 or NW10, or NC/W15.

on 6/30/2011 3:12:00 PM

So...I decided this was going to be my first HE lipstick purchase, after branching out from my DS stash. I carefully researched the color and reviews. When it arrived, I was extremely underwhelmed at both the color, finish, and packaging.

Here's why I don't like it:
1. This is the EXACT same lipcolor as my natural lips. I can see why some would want this, it just wasn't what I was looking for.
2. The formula is extremely drying. My lips chafed after wearing this for only a couple hours.
3. It is not as long-wearing as some reviewers/bloggers have claimed.
4. The magnetic packaging is OK, but the tube itself is a bit bulky. Also, the very first time I opened it, applied and went to put the cap back on, it wasn't rolled down enough (I know...partial user error) and the magnetic closure thingy caused me to nick the top of the bullet.

With that said, I wouldn't repurchase this particular brand for the fact that I find the formula much too drying for me. I'm sure there are other colors that are beautiful, but it isn't enough to make me want to try it again.

on 2/6/2011 4:59:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

This is my favourite lipstick for when i want a 'nude' look. It is not the kind of nude that gives you concealer lips, it is a nice pinky nude. It is very wearable and would suit most skin tones. I like the texture and feel of it on my lips- plus it lasts a long time! I have quite a few rogue d'Armani lipsticks and i plan to get even more!

on 11/25/2010 2:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a very nice sheer glossy nude/beige that just gives a bare hint of color on the lips. I purchased the holiday kit that had 103, 510 (coral) and 400 (red), which was a good value. I will wear this mainly when I don't want it to look like I'm wearing lipstick, will be very nice for summer vacations. However, I much prefer Rouge D'Armani in Beige 102 which is a peachy-pink-beige with a bit more substantial texture which translates to a bit more color on my lips. But this is okay. I'm ONLY saying I won't buy this again because I will buy Beige 102 instead, not because there's anything wrong with this product.