Target - Up & Up Makeup Remover

Target - Up & Up Makeup Remover

3.4

on 4/12/2016 5:43:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

What can I say except that I've purchased four bottles of this stuff already?

Listen, I wear Japanese mascaras on the regular. I use the most tenacious eye primers on the market. If I use cream shadows you better believe they're all waterproof.

Magically, this makeup remover melts all of that in the evening. Shake up the bottle, soak a cotton pad in the remover, and press on eyelid for a few seconds before gently tugging the makeup off.

Yeah, there's a sheen of oil afterwards, but I consider that to be a negligible "fault" considering I wear smudge-proof, crease-proof eye makeup - the sort that withstands rounds of sex and the apocalypse. And anyways, I usually remove the residue with a toner or micellar water.

Best part is that you can get a pack of two for eight dollars at your local Target.

I see some reviews here complaining that their eyes burned from this particular remover, and to them I offer my condolences. There are many ways to remove eye makeup... I for one like Tatcha's oil cleanser, and back when I used to be a high schooler with no money at all I used Vaseline to remove my mascara/eyeliner. Others have found success with coconut oil or Pond's cold cream. However let it be said that removing makeup is absolutely necessary for beautiful skin...

Anyways, I find this makeup remover excellent and have no desire to purchase a new brand in this particular category, which is something I can't say for many others - a big deal. So as long as Target decides to compete directly with Neutrogena on their copycat product, I will continue to buy this over and over again.

I mean, I can't see why people would fork out thirty bucks for Lancome's Bi-Facil. I can see the joy of shelling out cash for a wonderfully crafted foundation, but an eye makeup-remover? That's boring and basic. Give me the cheapest, easiest option that works the best. And in the end, isn't that what we all want in our makeup removers once we're tired and ready to go to bed?

Great eye makeup remover. I've tried lots of other brands and they were all too oily or burned my eyes!!. This one is gentle, doesn't burn my eyes at all, and only slightly oily, after I put it on my eyelids are dry and soft not oily!! I hate things that leave oily residue!!.

on 12/18/2015 9:28:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This makeup remover worked very well for me. I bought a lot of it on ebay and have been using it now for about a year. I tend to wear waterproof makeup that sometimes can be difficult to remove. This does the job very well.
I have used several similar products but this one is less oily than the others. The others I used to have to wash the residue oil off my face afterwards. This one I can get my makeup off and within a few minutes my face is dry and very soft. I have sensitive skin and this does not make me break out at all. So far the best one I have tried. ( I have used Revlon, Clinique and Neutrogena, just to name a few.)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Only product that works decently at removing my eye makeup. I have bought several bottles and it hasn't let me down. I always buy this compared to the neutrogena because it's much cheaper and the exact same product.

on 2/9/2015 1:34:00 AM

I normally use Neutrogena's makeup remover (which is also supposed to be oil free, but is not and leaves my face feeling slimy and slick feeling after use) but was looking for a more affordable option. This product worked the same for me as Neutrogena. I wear mostly waterproof makeup and it removed it all without too much scrubbing or tugging on my skin. (The trick there is to let it work for about 10-15 seconds on your skin to break down the makeup first, and then work on removing it.) I really had no issues with this product at all. I will be purchasing it again. The only con to it is the cap which another reviewer mentioned they would not want to travel with it - I would not either. It seems like it would probably leak.

on 9/17/2014 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Love this! Not sure why people complain about the oiliness. I always wash my face right after, or wipe with a makeup remover wipe (I love up&up's sensitive skin wipes comparable to Simple), and the residue is gone. Removes makeup with minimal effort/rubbing. Will repurchase.

on 4/6/2014 3:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have been using this makeup remover for years now. It's affordable and takes off all my eye makeup. The only complaint is that with really waterproof mascaras, it doesn't take it off completely. But I just use a makeup wipe to wipe off any remainder, after I take off my face makeup. It doesn't leave too much of a greasy or oily residue. For $5+tax I don't have too many complaints

on 8/2/2013 1:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

This makeup remover is cheap and pretty gentle on my eyes, which I like. As for actually removing makeup, though? It's just OK. In order to get all my makeup off, I have to really soak the cotton pad and rub it across my lid a few times. It's worth noting that I do not wear waterproof eye makeup for the most part, the only waterproof stuff I wear are UD 24/7 liners. I doubt this remover would do much against waterproof mascara. This remover is oil free, but it leaves a slight greasy residue right after I use it. That is gone within a few minutes, and my eyelids actually feel a bit dry afterwards. Even though it's cheap, I doubt I'll buy this one again.

Also, most removers I've used have a press-down-and-turn style cap which is really secure. This one just has a plain old screw cap that doesn't feel too secure, I would not want to travel with it as I wouldn't trust it not to come open.

I purchased this as I generally like Target Up & Up products.
I was not wearing waterproof mascara but this product did not seem to do anything to remove it... I tried this on several different kinds of mascara- same thing, though, it was just oily on my face.
I honestly feel that my normal facial cleanser works better than this.
Wondering if I got some from a defective batch or something?

I bought this bc sonia kashiks makeup remover was getting too pricy for a poor college student. Keep in mind, im talking about the up&up remover that has the exact same packaging as neutrogena's. it has a lavender cap. Anyways, this stuff is BOMB!! I will buy over and over and over. Its afforadable and does the job! Must buy!