Target - Up & Up Makeup Remover

Price: $

Price: $

on 8/2/2013 1:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

This makeup remover is cheap and pretty gentle on my eyes, which I like. As for actually removing makeup, though? It's just OK. In order to get all my makeup off, I have to really soak the cotton pad and rub it across my lid a few times. It's worth noting that I do not wear waterproof eye makeup for the most part, the only waterproof stuff I wear are UD 24/7 liners. I doubt this remover would do much against waterproof mascara. This remover is oil free, but it leaves a slight greasy residue right after I use it. That is gone within a few minutes, and my eyelids actually feel a bit dry afterwards. Even though it's cheap, I doubt I'll buy this one again.

Also, most removers I've used have a press-down-and-turn style cap which is really secure. This one just has a plain old screw cap that doesn't feel too secure, I would not want to travel with it as I wouldn't trust it not to come open.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It's not the best. I didn't exactly want to spend a lot on a makeup remover. So I got this at target. I only use a few items: concealer, eyeliner, and mascara. First, when I used this, I got white, dry skin on all the areas where I used it, and even on my hands. It was disgusting. The price was pretty cheap, and so was the product. I'm not buying again. For a cheap price, comes cheap quality.

on 11/27/2010 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

I think that this is irritating my eyes. I keep finding these patches of skin underneath my eyes that are peeling. Its also very itchy and has caused breakouts on my lids. I will not be repurchasing this product at all.

on 3/10/2010 8:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I found 2 different Up & Up (Target's generic brand) eye makeup removers: One is a dupe for Neutrogena's version (purple labeling) and the other is for the L'Oreal dupe (blue labeling). The rating I posted is for the Neutrogena version.

I'll start with the Neutrogena dupe (purple one). This bottle is 5.5 oz . You can see the liquids separated in the clear bottle so you need to shake it before applying. I've never used the original product but it says it's oil-free. When I applied it when a cotton ball I didn't feel like there were going to be any eyelash casualties. No pulling or rubbing to get my waterproof mascara off. I could tell all of it was coming off because the cotton ball was so dark. There are two great things about this remover:

1) I only needed one cotton ball for both eyes as opposed to 2 or more with other eye makeup removers I've tried.

2) I don't have sensitive eyes but this stuff was super gentle. No tears or burning!!

The only con is that you do have to rinse the product off because the liquid does feel a bit oily (but it's oil-free?). Overall, I don't care if I have to rinse since this takes off everything. The only thing I would change about the packaging is that I wish the opening was smaller (like a disk-like covering with a smaller opening in the middle of it? get it?) so that product doesn't absorb too much on the cotton ball and there's a lot wasted.

Now for L'Oreal dupe: (my rating is a 0)
This bottle is smaller, closer in size to the original product. I've tried the L'Oreal makeup remover and that stuff stung my eyes so bad! I had to use a lot of cotton balls to remove waterproof mascara and it still felt that it wasn't completely removed. This generic brand works the same way. I hated this one.

I'll definitely buy the Neutrogena dupe again. The L'Oreal dupe is going back to Target.