Target - Up & Up Makeup Remover

1.8

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Just WHAT is in this stuff?!

I've used many different makeup removers over the years with no issues, but this one, I don't even know what happened. On contact, my eye immediately stung like no tomorrow, turned bright red, and began to swell a little. It was so strange and disconcerting. I have never had an allergic reaction to pretty much anything---skincare product, makeup product, you name it, I'm usually totally fine.

This is marketed as being similar to the Neutrogena Oil-free, which I have used many times before, and although it may be a similar idea, the Neutrogena version NEVER gave me a bad reaction like this did. I thought I would save a couple bucks getting this version instead, but I instantly regretted it, because now I have to pour all of this down the drain. Major disappointment.

FYI: this review is for the remover with the lavender-coloured cap that is marketed as the "waterproof eye makeup remover." Retails for around $6 CAD at Target.

on 5/23/2014 11:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This review is for the Up & Up eye makeup remover with the lavender cap that is marketed as being comparable to Neutrogena. I bought this trying to save $1. It says on the bottle "OIL FREE" (I keep looking at it to see) but what is in the bottle is LIKE BABY OIL. It does remove eye makeup fairly well, but I cannot stand the feeling of oil on my eyelids! It's definitely oily--when I got some on my hands and tried to wash it off, the water just beaded up. I am at a loss whether I got a freak bottle that was mis-labeled, or what.

Anyway, if you buy oil-free expecting it to be oil-free, watch out.

on 11/30/2010 9:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I believe I have the green bottle of this (supposed to be the L'Oreal dupe). It does not remove my waterproof makeup or long lasting eyeliner well at all. It just does not do what it needs to do for me so I will not be repurchasing. It is worth paying for the name brand in this case.

on 6/21/2010 9:06:00 PM

This product does not do anything. It can not take off my mascara, even with non-waterproof ones.
Thought it is cheap, it still does not worth it. I ended up throwing the whole bottle away.