Target - Up & Up Makeup Remover

Target - Up & Up Makeup Remover

3.3

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I was very pleasantly surprised by this product. I had heard this is similar to the Neutrogena eye makeup remover. I will not discuss that, but rather my experience with the Up & Up eye makeup remover. Not much to say.. It works!! I can remove waterproof mascara with this. I just dip a cotton swab/Q-tip into the bottle, get it a little saturated, and lightly press the q-tip (or a cotton round) over my eye area, no pressure or rubbing is even really needed. Once I lightly press the cotton swab or cotton round on my eyes, I gently wipe my eye with the cotton swab or cotton round, and the makeup disappears. Sometimes I do need to go over an eye twice, depending how much mascara and eye product I used that day. But this removes everything with very little effort and no tugging or harshness. The skin on my eye also feels soft afterward. There is a very slight (floral maybe?) scent to this when I open the bottle, but I do not smell it on my eyes.

You do need to shake this well before each use. I had worried that this may make my skin shiny, as it looks to have some sort of an oil in it, but I do not get nay shininess with this.

Would recommend and will re-purchase. Great size that will last a long time!!

on 4/12/2016 5:43:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

What can I say except that I've purchased four bottles of this stuff already?

Listen, I wear Japanese mascaras on the regular. I use the most tenacious eye primers on the market. If I use cream shadows you better believe they're all waterproof.

Magically, this makeup remover melts all of that in the evening. Shake up the bottle, soak a cotton pad in the remover, and press on eyelid for a few seconds before gently tugging the makeup off.

Yeah, there's a sheen of oil afterwards, but I consider that to be a negligible "fault" considering I wear smudge-proof, crease-proof eye makeup - the sort that withstands rounds of sex and the apocalypse. And anyways, I usually remove the residue with a toner or micellar water.

Best part is that you can get a pack of two for eight dollars at your local Target.

I see some reviews here complaining that their eyes burned from this particular remover, and to them I offer my condolences. There are many ways to remove eye makeup... I for one like Tatcha's oil cleanser, and back when I used to be a high schooler with no money at all I used Vaseline to remove my mascara/eyeliner. Others have found success with coconut oil or Pond's cold cream. However let it be said that removing makeup is absolutely necessary for beautiful skin...

Anyways, I find this makeup remover excellent and have no desire to purchase a new brand in this particular category, which is something I can't say for many others - a big deal. So as long as Target decides to compete directly with Neutrogena on their copycat product, I will continue to buy this over and over again.

I mean, I can't see why people would fork out thirty bucks for Lancome's Bi-Facil. I can see the joy of shelling out cash for a wonderfully crafted foundation, but an eye makeup-remover? That's boring and basic. Give me the cheapest, easiest option that works the best. And in the end, isn't that what we all want in our makeup removers once we're tired and ready to go to bed?

Great eye makeup remover. I've tried lots of other brands and they were all too oily or burned my eyes!!. This one is gentle, doesn't burn my eyes at all, and only slightly oily, after I put it on my eyelids are dry and soft not oily!! I hate things that leave oily residue!!.

on 12/18/2015 9:28:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This makeup remover worked very well for me. I bought a lot of it on ebay and have been using it now for about a year. I tend to wear waterproof makeup that sometimes can be difficult to remove. This does the job very well.
I have used several similar products but this one is less oily than the others. The others I used to have to wash the residue oil off my face afterwards. This one I can get my makeup off and within a few minutes my face is dry and very soft. I have sensitive skin and this does not make me break out at all. So far the best one I have tried. ( I have used Revlon, Clinique and Neutrogena, just to name a few.)

on 11/9/2015 8:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love LOVE LOVE LOVEEEEE this makeup remover! Although I have to say that using this to remove your face makeup takes a little time and you may have to wash your face again afterwards. It is a killer eye makeup remover! Just use a soft cotton pad, put on a little bit of this thing on the pad, let it rest agaisnt your eye for a minute, then slowly gently wipe away, BAM. Zero to little eye product left behind so you can continue removing it. I love this eye makeup remover and I've used 2 bottles already, will repurchase again and again! It's pretty cheap and effective too, save your money on spending it on the brand names Neutrogena. Buy this instead! I bought mine in a 2 pack for 8.99$ !

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Only product that works decently at removing my eye makeup. I have bought several bottles and it hasn't let me down. I always buy this compared to the neutrogena because it's much cheaper and the exact same product.

I've been using the product for about a year and I love it. It's a very light oil based remover and it works very well, even on tough mascaras. It's about $4.50 for an 8 oz. bottle and sometimes it's packaged two for $7. It also comes in a travel size for your vacations.

LOVE THIS PRODUCT!!!!!

on 2/9/2015 1:34:00 AM

I normally use Neutrogena's makeup remover (which is also supposed to be oil free, but is not and leaves my face feeling slimy and slick feeling after use) but was looking for a more affordable option. This product worked the same for me as Neutrogena. I wear mostly waterproof makeup and it removed it all without too much scrubbing or tugging on my skin. (The trick there is to let it work for about 10-15 seconds on your skin to break down the makeup first, and then work on removing it.) I really had no issues with this product at all. I will be purchasing it again. The only con to it is the cap which another reviewer mentioned they would not want to travel with it - I would not either. It seems like it would probably leak.

on 9/17/2014 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Love this! Not sure why people complain about the oiliness. I always wash my face right after, or wipe with a makeup remover wipe (I love up&up's sensitive skin wipes comparable to Simple), and the residue is gone. Removes makeup with minimal effort/rubbing. Will repurchase.

on 1/23/2014 10:44:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

I love this product ,it took my mascara off with no problem,I use covergirl lashblast (orange tube) and it came right off, it was very gentle on my eyes , and I always have problems with wipes or liquids because of my eyes been sensitive ,but this was very good .