Target - Up & Up Makeup Remover

Target - Up & Up Makeup Remover

3.3

on 11/2/2015 11:11:00 PM

Very effective but it dried out my eyelids and worst of all caused me to break out under my eyes! I had red bumps under my eyes that looked like pimples but I guess were blisters or something? Awful. I don't have sensitive skin and almost never have a bad reaction to a product. There is something scary in this one.

on 1/8/2015 3:28:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

Removes makeup after significant abrasion but also dries out my skin pretty badly

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Just WHAT is in this stuff?!

I've used many different makeup removers over the years with no issues, but this one, I don't even know what happened. On contact, my eye immediately stung like no tomorrow, turned bright red, and began to swell a little. It was so strange and disconcerting. I have never had an allergic reaction to pretty much anything---skincare product, makeup product, you name it, I'm usually totally fine.

This is marketed as being similar to the Neutrogena Oil-free, which I have used many times before, and although it may be a similar idea, the Neutrogena version NEVER gave me a bad reaction like this did. I thought I would save a couple bucks getting this version instead, but I instantly regretted it, because now I have to pour all of this down the drain. Major disappointment.

FYI: this review is for the remover with the lavender-coloured cap that is marketed as the "waterproof eye makeup remover." Retails for around $6 CAD at Target.

I purchased this as I generally like Target Up & Up products.
I was not wearing waterproof mascara but this product did not seem to do anything to remove it... I tried this on several different kinds of mascara- same thing, though, it was just oily on my face.
I honestly feel that my normal facial cleanser works better than this.
Wondering if I got some from a defective batch or something?

on 1/20/2013 9:12:00 AM

I religiously buy the up & up EYE make up remover (in the 2.5 oz vs 5.5). I was in the store the other day and the smaller bottle (clear bottle green cap and writing on label) was no where to be found, so i settled for the larger bottle (clear with purple cap) and the $5.00 price tag. it claims to be OIL FREE. I don't THINK SO. Clearly you can see oil in this bottle as it separates with the water based product inside. I am so dissatisfied with this product I almost want to bring it back. It says EYE MAKE UP REMOVER on the label, yet warnings tell me to avoid contact with eyes. Obviously I try not to get it in my eye, but it still seeps in thus making my eye a big oily mess! WILL NEVER BUY AGAIN. I really hope they didn't discontinue the green cap smaller one, I really can't remember the difference only being that that product was AMAZING compared to this one.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This product claims to remove waterproof makeup and I will tell you that is not true at all. I really worked with the makeup remover and it still did not get everything off. I will not repurchase.

on 3/24/2011 2:38:00 AM

Eyes: Violet

Really fucking oily for not having oil as it says in the bottle. For that reason, I will not repurchase. I don't like the feeling of rubbing oil on my eyes. I should have just repurchased my Equate eye makeup remover. Now THAT I would repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It's not the best. I didn't exactly want to spend a lot on a makeup remover. So I got this at target. I only use a few items: concealer, eyeliner, and mascara. First, when I used this, I got white, dry skin on all the areas where I used it, and even on my hands. It was disgusting. The price was pretty cheap, and so was the product. I'm not buying again. For a cheap price, comes cheap quality.

on 11/27/2010 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

I think that this is irritating my eyes. I keep finding these patches of skin underneath my eyes that are peeling. Its also very itchy and has caused breakouts on my lids. I will not be repurchasing this product at all.

on 6/21/2010 9:06:00 PM

This product does not do anything. It can not take off my mascara, even with non-waterproof ones.
Thought it is cheap, it still does not worth it. I ended up throwing the whole bottle away.