Target - Up & Up Makeup Remover

Filtered by age: 30-35
 Target - Up & Up Makeup Remover

3.2

Great eye makeup remover. I've tried lots of other brands and they were all too oily or burned my eyes!!. This one is gentle, doesn't burn my eyes at all, and only slightly oily, after I put it on my eyelids are dry and soft not oily!! I hate things that leave oily residue!!.

on 11/2/2015 11:11:00 PM

Very effective but it dried out my eyelids and worst of all caused me to break out under my eyes! I had red bumps under my eyes that looked like pimples but I guess were blisters or something? Awful. I don't have sensitive skin and almost never have a bad reaction to a product. There is something scary in this one.

I purchased this as I generally like Target Up & Up products.
I was not wearing waterproof mascara but this product did not seem to do anything to remove it... I tried this on several different kinds of mascara- same thing, though, it was just oily on my face.
I honestly feel that my normal facial cleanser works better than this.
Wondering if I got some from a defective batch or something?

on 3/10/2010 8:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I found 2 different Up & Up (Target's generic brand) eye makeup removers: One is a dupe for Neutrogena's version (purple labeling) and the other is for the L'Oreal dupe (blue labeling). The rating I posted is for the Neutrogena version.

I'll start with the Neutrogena dupe (purple one). This bottle is 5.5 oz . You can see the liquids separated in the clear bottle so you need to shake it before applying. I've never used the original product but it says it's oil-free. When I applied it when a cotton ball I didn't feel like there were going to be any eyelash casualties. No pulling or rubbing to get my waterproof mascara off. I could tell all of it was coming off because the cotton ball was so dark. There are two great things about this remover:

1) I only needed one cotton ball for both eyes as opposed to 2 or more with other eye makeup removers I've tried.

2) I don't have sensitive eyes but this stuff was super gentle. No tears or burning!!

The only con is that you do have to rinse the product off because the liquid does feel a bit oily (but it's oil-free?). Overall, I don't care if I have to rinse since this takes off everything. The only thing I would change about the packaging is that I wish the opening was smaller (like a disk-like covering with a smaller opening in the middle of it? get it?) so that product doesn't absorb too much on the cotton ball and there's a lot wasted.

Now for L'Oreal dupe: (my rating is a 0)
This bottle is smaller, closer in size to the original product. I've tried the L'Oreal makeup remover and that stuff stung my eyes so bad! I had to use a lot of cotton balls to remove waterproof mascara and it still felt that it wasn't completely removed. This generic brand works the same way. I hated this one.

I'll definitely buy the Neutrogena dupe again. The L'Oreal dupe is going back to Target.

on 3/5/2010 6:04:00 PM

I really like this stuff! I needed something to replace my MK makeup remover because it is a bit on the spendy side so I thought I would try this. It works well and the price is nice as well. I always use WP mascara and this takes it off without a problem. I have sensitive skin around my eyes and this doesn't burn or feel greasy at all either. This is a good alternative if you are looking for something that works and is cheap. But anyway, I just finished a bottle of this so I am off to buy another one. Great product!