Target - Up & Up Makeup Remover

Target - Up & Up Makeup Remover

3.2

on 4/12/2016 5:43:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

What can I say except that I've purchased four bottles of this stuff already?

Listen, I wear Japanese mascaras on the regular. I use the most tenacious eye primers on the market. If I use cream shadows you better believe they're all waterproof.

Magically, this makeup remover melts all of that in the evening. Shake up the bottle, soak a cotton pad in the remover, and press on eyelid for a few seconds before gently tugging the makeup off.

Yeah, there's a sheen of oil afterwards, but I consider that to be a negligible "fault" considering I wear smudge-proof, crease-proof eye makeup - the sort that withstands rounds of sex and the apocalypse. And anyways, I usually remove the residue with a toner or micellar water.

Best part is that you can get a pack of two for eight dollars at your local Target.

I see some reviews here complaining that their eyes burned from this particular remover, and to them I offer my condolences. There are many ways to remove eye makeup... I for one like Tatcha's oil cleanser, and back when I used to be a high schooler with no money at all I used Vaseline to remove my mascara/eyeliner. Others have found success with coconut oil or Pond's cold cream. However let it be said that removing makeup is absolutely necessary for beautiful skin...

Anyways, I find this makeup remover excellent and have no desire to purchase a new brand in this particular category, which is something I can't say for many others - a big deal. So as long as Target decides to compete directly with Neutrogena on their copycat product, I will continue to buy this over and over again.

I mean, I can't see why people would fork out thirty bucks for Lancome's Bi-Facil. I can see the joy of shelling out cash for a wonderfully crafted foundation, but an eye makeup-remover? That's boring and basic. Give me the cheapest, easiest option that works the best. And in the end, isn't that what we all want in our makeup removers once we're tired and ready to go to bed?

on 11/9/2015 8:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love LOVE LOVE LOVEEEEE this makeup remover! Although I have to say that using this to remove your face makeup takes a little time and you may have to wash your face again afterwards. It is a killer eye makeup remover! Just use a soft cotton pad, put on a little bit of this thing on the pad, let it rest agaisnt your eye for a minute, then slowly gently wipe away, BAM. Zero to little eye product left behind so you can continue removing it. I love this eye makeup remover and I've used 2 bottles already, will repurchase again and again! It's pretty cheap and effective too, save your money on spending it on the brand names Neutrogena. Buy this instead! I bought mine in a 2 pack for 8.99$ !

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Only product that works decently at removing my eye makeup. I have bought several bottles and it hasn't let me down. I always buy this compared to the neutrogena because it's much cheaper and the exact same product.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Just WHAT is in this stuff?!

I've used many different makeup removers over the years with no issues, but this one, I don't even know what happened. On contact, my eye immediately stung like no tomorrow, turned bright red, and began to swell a little. It was so strange and disconcerting. I have never had an allergic reaction to pretty much anything---skincare product, makeup product, you name it, I'm usually totally fine.

This is marketed as being similar to the Neutrogena Oil-free, which I have used many times before, and although it may be a similar idea, the Neutrogena version NEVER gave me a bad reaction like this did. I thought I would save a couple bucks getting this version instead, but I instantly regretted it, because now I have to pour all of this down the drain. Major disappointment.

FYI: this review is for the remover with the lavender-coloured cap that is marketed as the "waterproof eye makeup remover." Retails for around $6 CAD at Target.

on 4/6/2014 3:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have been using this makeup remover for years now. It's affordable and takes off all my eye makeup. The only complaint is that with really waterproof mascaras, it doesn't take it off completely. But I just use a makeup wipe to wipe off any remainder, after I take off my face makeup. It doesn't leave too much of a greasy or oily residue. For $5+tax I don't have too many complaints

on 7/4/2013 12:57:00 AM

I LOVE this stuff. I have generally sensitive skin and it doesn't irritate it at all. Just ONE swipe and the waterproof eyeliner along my waterline is completely gone. No stinging, burning, itching, irritation at all. Great price and a great product that I feel is overlooked because it's not "name brand." I also find that I have to use a lot less than my previous eye makeup remover (just one or two blots on a cotton pad. I wear a ton of eyeliner) because it works so well and don't have to rub my eye at all...this bottle is going to last me for months. Definitely a hidden gem.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product irritated the skin above both of my eyes. Would not recommend it for sensitive skin. I really try to purchase Up & Up when I'm trying to save money at Target and loved the price point of this eye makeup remover, but it's not worth the irritation.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This product claims to remove waterproof makeup and I will tell you that is not true at all. I really worked with the makeup remover and it still did not get everything off. I will not repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I think for its price, this is a REALLY good make up remover. It removes majority of my eye makeup including my eyeliner and all the eyshadows. However, it doesn't really remove all my waterproof mascara. But that's pretty much the only complaint I have for it. Doesn't make my eye area feel oily afterwards. This product is great!!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I purchased this (the target store brand) when I was out of my lancome duo-phase make up remove. It is great, but way more then I am willing to pay for something so simple. I have also use the nuetrogena version, too.

I have to say, this works just as well, if not better.

I soak a cotton pad, and place is on my eye for a few seconds to allow it to soak and break down mascara and eyeliner. I then rub a little to loosen it up, especially if I am wearing waterproof mascara. I think it work best to let it set before cleansing it off with a mild foaming facial cleanser (I like the clean & clear foaming sensitive skin, or loreal 360 for sensitive skin because they dont irritate my eyes) It sitll takes a little work from the cleanser to remove all my eye makeup, but this for sure helps out a lot. My eyes are very sensitive, and this does not irritate them at all.

I didn't like how oily it was at first, but since I wash it right off, it's no biggie.

If you like duo-phase make up removers then you should try it. There is no need to spend more on a similar product.