Thayers Original Witch Hazel Alcohol-Free Toner

Thayers Original Witch Hazel Alcohol-Free Toner

4.7

on 7/26/2016 8:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Witch Hazel is handy to have around - and Thayers (strong stuff!) has been around for-eh-ver. This version has a drop of aloe vera in it - but don't let that fool you - when overused it can still dry the heck out of your skin. Good for very oily areas (nose, chin) and when used judiciously can be helpful.

Cheap and easy to find (This and Dickinson's).

on 9/29/2015 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is a very light toner but it works very well. It feels moisturizing when it is applied and diminishes the appearance of pores and it smells like rose water. I think I paid around 10 bucks for it and I love it. It also has limited ingredients and isn't full of alcohol or chemicals.

I LOVE this toner. I have used many different toners from drugstore brands like nivea, clean&clear, neutrogena to higher end brands like clinique, shiseido. This is around $10.00, so not too expensive but not super cheap either. This works so well on my acne prone skin. It helps my skin stay clear, without drying it out. It feels moisturizing but clean at the same time, if that makes sense. I also love how it has all natural ingredients.

Witch Hazel has many uses. For spot and blemish control, it soothes and reduces swelling (bruises, bags under eyes etc), varicose vein relief, soothes razer burn, treats dry skin, treat and soothes sunburns, heals small cuts, anti itch for bug bites... It has so many uses! Be careful though, some witch hazel products contain alcohol and wouldnt be good to use for some uses I listed. I recommend this one because it is alcohol free.

Ingredients: Purified Water, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf (Certified Organic Filet Of Aloe Vera), Glycerin (Vegetable), Fragrance (Natural Witch Hazel), Hamamelis Virginiana (THAYERS proprietary un-distilled Witch Hazel) Extract, Citric Acid, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract, Tocopheryl (Vitamin E) Acetate.

on 11/22/2011 3:05:00 PM

NB - This review is for the Thayers UNSCENTED Alcohol-Free Witch Hazel

WHAT IS IT? Alcohol-free witch hazel (not true witch hazel distillate but an aqueous witch hazel solution with other ingredients)
INGREDIENTS: Ingredients: Purified Water, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf (Certified Organic Filet Of Aloe Vera), Glycerin (Vegetable), Hamamelis Virginiana (THAYERS proprietary un-distilled Witch Hazel) Extract, Citric Acid, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract, Tocopheryl (Vitamin E) Acetate.
HOW DOES IT PERFORM? I apply this as a toner after shaving and before sleeping and it serves in environments with even moderate humidity as a mild hydrator (the glycerin, humectant, attracts water to the surface of the skin) and also corrects the pH of the skin in hard water areas like mine as this product has a pH of 5.5 (acidic)

Overapplication or use in a very humid sticky environment (summer, tropical areas) could result in a sticky feeling due to glycerin content so adjust application accordingly. In a very dry cold winter or desert environment I would recommend adding a proper moisturizer on top.

WOULD YOU BUY AGAIN? Yes. This product is cruelty-free, fragrance-free, vegan, and serves its intended purpose for me
PRICE: $10.50 CAD per bottle. Available at health food stores and online in both the US and Canada

on 12/22/2012 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

This is actually the first toner I have ever used and it is amazing. It does exactly what it claims to do. My pores were visibly smaller and my facial skin's texture was smoother and firmer as well.
The bottle is huge for such a cheap price.
I would definitely be buying this again.
Pros:
Unscented
Alcohol-Free
Unclog Pores
Makes pores visibly smaller
Makes Skin softer and firmer
Cons:
I can't think of anything

on 9/29/2013 10:11:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I. Love. This toner. My skin is very sensitive and I am not able to use alcohol-based toners without my rosacea going wild and making my cheeks hurt very badly. I also had heard that witch hazel is soothing for rosacea, so I thought I'd try it out. The price is quite inexpensive for how much toner comes in the bottle and it doesn't have any questionable ingredients that I can tell from reading the package. The smell is delicate and unobtrusive and the toner is non-drying, possibly even slightly moisturizing for the summer months. Although in the winter, I could see still using a moisturizer. This product is very very effective on my skin.