Borghese Duro Nail Hardener

No Image

1 review

on 12/10/2009 1:55:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

UPDATE 1/20/2010- I started using this again because I needed something to protect my nails after Witchcraft dried them out, and this is actually not as bad as I originally found it to be. It does harden the nails, not thicken them, which I confused at first with hardening. I've been applying in single coats this time round, and I have found it to be more effective in hardening than double coats (strange, i know!). I'm one third through my bottle and will update when finished. As of right now, this product deserves a 4 instead of a 2.

I bought this because I wanted a nail hardener, and this was one of the few non-Sally Hansen brands available at my local drugstore. Borghese products are always highly reviewed, so I thought might as well give this one a chance. After using it off-and-on for about 2 months now, I can safely say that this does absolutely nothing to harden nails. Nothing. Which is really too bad, because I love the bottle design and the double brush applicator is amazing, i wish more companies would start doing that. I won't totally pan this however, because though it's a lousy nail hardener, it's a very good base coat. It would keep my manicures from chipping for at least 3 days, which, for me, is really something special. I get max 2 days with no wear usually. So I will continue using it for a base coat, when I need that kind of thing, but I won't be buying another bottle. I paid CAD$15 for the little 0.4 oz bottle, and that's just too much espcially when I can buy Seche Base (love!) on-line for 1/3 of that!

Popular Treatments