OPI Alpine snow

OPI Alpine snow

3.5

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Alpine Snow is a true white - opaque, crisp and clean. It has an excellent formula and is opaque in only two coats. It applies smoothly and is not patchy or streaky - a great feat for a white shade! It dries quickly and to shiny finish. This shade would be a great one to use for a french manicure as it applies smoothly and easily, it would work well when applying smooth, crisp lines. As a full mani, it looks very chic and fashionable. It works best on warmer skin, and looks especially striking on medium-dark tones. This is an excellent staple white polish to add in your collection. Great quality formula and colour.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I usually love OPI polishes. Alpine Snow felt like and looked like white out. It was difficult to apply -- goopy, streaky, and somehow became a complete mess in my cuticles (not normal for me). The color was also far too stark. It simply looked bad.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This white polish is certainly streaky but I haven't found one that performs better yet. It looks pretty good on 3 coats, by itself or as a base for light or neon polish.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I'd rather use White out! The brush that I usually love from OPI is too wide to freehand this very flat opaque bright white so you end up with a thick and sometimes wobbly tip line. I'm not going to bother with stickers or any assistance in making a nice tip so I'm glad this was just a mini I got in a set of other OPI stuff.

Not happy with the goopy thick blobby way it applied either. Streaky too. A thinner coat, even if it isn't sheer, is OPI standard, and this didn't have the usual smooth application. Now that might be just because of the mini bottle, but I don't think so, I also got Passion, Malaga Wine and Big Apple Red in that same set, and they all applied just fine. (I bought 2 Malaga Wines for my daughters, and I am buying a Passion for me this morning and I'm thinking of buying Big Apple Red too-- all terrific shades, but NOT this one, and I so wanted a good opaque white to round out my collection!)

I'm not a fan of the bright fake white tips to begin with so if you are like me, try the sheer white of Essie Waltz. That you CAN freehand, because it is sheer enough that any line that goes wrong will blur out by the time you get 2 coats of Bubble Bath, Mademoiselle or Passion on top.

Because this is more a colour and opacity preference, I started with my usual OPI rating of 4 stars, taking 1 off for the brush and another off for application issues. I really think if the product is designed for tips, a thinner more precise brush would be helpful. I took the other star off for the goopy thick application and clumpy streaky look.

on 2/9/2016 3:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I bought alpine snow to replace White Matter by Formula X, which I liked but was a little pricey and less easily available. Alpine Snow is a starker white and has a thicker formula than the Formula X, though this isn't necessarily bad or good-- just depends on your preference. I do prefer OPI's pro-wide brush to Formula X's thinner model though. Like all of the white polishes I've tried, this needed 2-3 coats to be opaque (2 on my left hand, 3 on my right), and requires care not to streak. It is reasonably self leveling as long as it has time to settle without too much moving, and it lasts and average amount of time as long as the coats aren't too thick (between 4 and 7 days depending on activities). Not a particularly shiny finish, definitely needs a topcoat for that extra lustre. I don't do french manicures, but I can attest that it is a pretty good base for glitter or texture topcoats. Overall a decent white, and I'll finish my bottle, but I don't think I'll repurchase.

on 9/23/2015 6:41:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I'm so sad I cant find a good white nail polish. Alpine Snow was very streaky even after a few coats. very goopy. it reminds me of white out in texture

Regardless of the reviews this polish applies the best out of the many I have tried including high to low end. I'am a huge fan of white polish and this applies Like a dream.. well the best for white. Super stark white so if you want a off white this is not for you. I apply 3 coats then a top coat of SV. I usually put a silver glitter on each index finger. Get lots of compliments. If you want a color that is not so stark try OPI Angel with a Ledfoot though it maybe discontinued. Anyway my review is....if you like the whitest best applying polish this is it!!!

on 5/25/2015 1:15:00 PM

It looks streaky even after 3 coats, peel off quickly (3 coats=too thick), it's a mess to apply it because of the weird brush...I'm going to return it.

on 7/9/2014 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This polish is streaky at first and you do have to fight with it a little bit at first. Now I'm used to it I only need to use two coats to get an opaque finish, a lot better than the many other white polishes I have tried. I wouldn't personally use it for french manicures, simply because of the wide brush OPI use, but with some guides and a little patience I'm sure it would work well

Fantastic, OPI is my new favorite nail polish brand. Durable, opaque color, dries fast.

Popular Polishes