E.L.F. Lip Balm SPF 15

E.L.F. Lip Balm SPF 15

3.6

I'm going to be very real with you. This lip balm is so tiny it feels like a cute miniature of whatever picture you see online. Very sleek, lightweight and easy to use.

The good? I got it in the color Peach and it's very pretty and pigmented(when swatching on the hand). It smells like Spearmint and has a light cool feeling on your lips. BUT, people seem to exaggerate the mintyness of it. Maybe they applied too much.
Another good thing is that it's very creamy, but it's not too shiny or too matte.

The bad. It is a tint, so you have to build it up if you have pigmented lips. This in turn will use a lot of product, and I'm telling you, there's very little in there. Also, I have pigmented lips and this color barely shows!
Howeva, the worsttttt thing about this is that it emphasizes chapped lips -EVERY SINGLE FLAKE. Gross I know, but I heard this doesn't happen with the Pink and Rose shades.

I really like this color though, and I love the packaging.

If I purchase this again, I'd probably go for a stronger color like Rose.

~Yasmin

on 12/7/2014 10:55:00 AM

Cute packaging. I have mixed feelings, I have this in nude and it looks really pretty and shimmery and has a nice minty scent and the tingly feeling associated with the minty products but it's not that moisturizing so I use it more as a lipstick than a treatment. The spf 15 is a nice add on too

To Read all 29 Reviews, Login or Join

on 11/13/2014 4:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I got this in Peach, but it's not a subtle peach colour. The balm is very pigmented, not particularly moisturising and has this minty effect, which I am not a fan of... It makes your lips feel quite cool, but not in a nice way. I don't think I'd buy this again just for this reason. Packaging is nice though there isn't that much product in there.

on 1/21/2014 10:43:00 PM

I got this in Pink because the shade band looked like a nice, subtle mauve. The actual tint was quite different - a brighter, true pink and not what I was looking for. Flattering for some skin tones I'm sure but a bit too bold for me.

The balm wasn't especially creamy or moisturizing. The stick is a super narrow cylinder - I was surprised how small this was when I pulled it out of the box and even more surprised at how tiny the tube of balm itself is.

Mostly matte finish that doesn't sink wonderfully, but sits on top just enough to look like like cheap lipstick.

One of the few ELF products I've been disappointed by.

on 1/16/2014 10:47:00 PM

I got this for three bucks, in the shade nude - it's a shimmery beige-ish colour, and comes off with quite a bit of pigmentation. It's very hydrating, and has a minty and cooling feeling. I love it! Aside from the color - if I were to get another one (which I probably will), it would not be in nude.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I like these, I have it in the nude one called- wait for it... "Nude" yup. Original. But anyway I love this one. I don't like nudes on me (I only think nudes look nice if the wearer has fair skin) I couldn't see another one so I got it. I have pigmented lips so I assumed it wouldn't show and it didn't. I find it VERY faintly shimmery and really hydrating. Ever smelled those little chocolate-mints at Olive Garden? Well it smells like those. It's not a heavy scent at all but if your sensitive to that don't get it because to my knowledge they all smell like that. It's smooth and thick and kind of with the texture of a lip butter but with a more chap-stick feel mixed in. It doesn't feel heavy and it tingles a bit. Overall I love it, but many people may not like it. Also, I love the packaging. Sleek and matte with a little ring around the middle tinted to the color

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I needed a lip balm quickly and saw this first on the makeup aisle. Great pigmentation, good amount of shine, and long lasting. Then...the smell. Perhaps it's the SPF part but it smelled strongly of chemicals! The packaging was so sleek and simple, great for traveling. The smell stays on, though. The smell does not fade when applied! It leaves a fuzzy/cool(?) and heavy feeling on your lips after you apply it. Shame the color was so pretty (I got nude). <:( Not very moisturizing, either.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I'm surprised these aren't more popular. I just received these in a few shades and I've been impressed. The packaging is pretty cool for a cheap lip balm. Feels heavy and made of a satin black metal. So far it feels very nice on my lips. Soft, smooth, non-sticky, and non-stinky. They also do a decent job of lasting. The color is on the subtle side, but still noticeable. I'm wearing Rose today, and my lips feel like heaven.

9/12/13 UPDATE: NEVERMIND!! I have a bad reaction to these. I've never before had a nasty reaction to any product. Ever. After the first few days of wear, I would get a tingly persistent sensation on my lips. Then I noticed serious dry skin on the outer edge of my lips that would not go away . No matter how much balm (other brands) I put on, it would not soften. It was almost like there was some deeper damage to the skin. I never connected that to these balms. Finally the perma-dryness-roughness went away. I keep a tube of these in my desk at work, and I put some on earlier this week and I got some weird lingering tingly sensation on my lips. After a few minutes, I wiped away this balm and the tingly discomfort went away immediately.

Today I put some on again, and this time my lips (the same outer edges) burned. I wiped the balm away, and the burn went away immediately.

I have no scientific evidence to link these balms to my lip discomfort/burn or that persistent dry, rough skin on my lips. All I can tell you is that this is the only new lip product I've tried in the last month, and I've never before experienced these discomforts. Also, I paid closer attention the last week and noticed immediate discomfort when I put this on, and immediate relief when I took it off.

All 4 of my tubes will be tossed.

ANOTHER UPDATE 9/27/2013: after sadly tossing my 4 tubes, I realized that the lip dryness and discomfort I was experiencing could not have been caused by these. I'm having a reaction to something that I can't pinpoint. Since I'm since I'm still having this reaction after not using the ELF balms, they could not have been the culprit. Perhaps the spf in these was making my lips feel worse once already inflamed by something else, but these did not cause my bad lip reaction.

I bought this in Rose, a dark color, so I don't know if the lighter colors work well. Rose is easy to layer so you can get the desired intensity you want, from a just-bitten red to a deeper red (though not too deep). It stays on for several hours, and doesn't dry out my lips; it's quite hydrating, actually. There's even a tingly sensation after applying, which is nice. Love it!

I bought this lip balm in "peach". It's orange, I thought it would be more lighter. It has sparkles. When I put it on, it didn't feel like it was moisturizing. When I took it off, it made my lips dry and my "lip condition" came. Since I was in 8th grade, if my lips got irritated, my lips would turn swollen, red bumps would come, and then the worst part: they will burst and leave an orangish layer. Its nasty and unpleasant. I will not use it because what happen. For some reason E.L.F lip treatments make my lips irritated, but their lipsticks don't. I like how the lip balm packaging shows the color of the lip balm. It didn't work for me, but for others it can. I would recommend this product for someone who doesn't have a lip problem and doesn't want to waste a lot of money.

Popular Lip Treatments