Ben Nye Cork Pressed Eye Shadow

Ben Nye Cork Pressed Eye Shadow

on 5/13/2017 5:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Agree with loverofmineralmakeup's review below. This is one of the best eyeshadows I've ever tried. I am NC 30-35, Asian combination skin with very oily eyelids. It's the perfect neutral shade. Good pigment, Little fall out, not much dusting/kickback and a generous amount of product. From CameraReady Cosmetics, it's 9 USD for a 3.5 g refill and a quad palette I think is 4USD.

Note: if, like me, you decide to customize your own palette, the shades espresso and cocoa brown are somewhat similar (espresso being cooler). Banana is a nice highlight for my skintone (and A matte base if you are lighter). Banana is somewhat like WnW brulee but warmer (IMO not as yellow as in the pan).

on 7/9/2016 7:11:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is the absolute perfect mix of brown/gray for creating a crease.
Not to much red, not muddy at all. JUST PERFECTION. It's matte and quite pigmented (a pro product) Packing is no non sense, and because it's used so much in the theater the price is very reasonable.
I order these for my daughter 2 and 3 at the same time. She loves them that much. MAC has the dupe but this was created long before that, and is the REAL DEAL.

on 8/19/2011 1:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

I love these shadows! I use this for filling in my brows and sometimes for face contouring. For days when I want to look like I'm not wearing much makeup, I just buff this into my crease.

The packaging for these shadows is amazing! I love it. It has a rubberized kind of feeling and it isn't hard to open like some other eyeshadow singles. Fits great in my makeup bag that I carry every day.

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

This is a beautiful rich opaque medium-tone matte brown (with yellow undertones) eyeshadow and I liken it to MAC's Cork eyeshadow (I find it quite ironic how both eyeshadows share the same name). This eyeshadow would look gorgeous on all skin tones as eyelid or crease color for a neutral eye design. Personally, I love this color for it is a slightly darker than my caramel skin color and I use it a lot as my go-to lid color which I often pair with a golden shimmer eyeshadow in the crease and/or darker eyeshadow color for a contour. This is one of the few eyeshadows that I have hit pan on and I have repurchased this eyeshadow a few times over the years - I love it that much.

As with all Ben Nye pressed eyeshadows, this eyeshadow is finely milled, very pigmented, very blendable, and has staying power. This eyeshadow has won a permanent place in both my heart and my makeup collection. The best thing about it is that it comes in a 36mm pan and only costs $6 and I purchased mine from The International Fun-Shop (www.stagemakeuponline.com) and can also be found in costume stores or anywhere where theatrical makeup is sold.