3.6

package quality

price range

Reviews

8 years ago

the bronzinger and glamerald colors are BEAUTIFUL ~ especially bronzinger, the color is shimmery, but not too glittery i dont really like glittery eye shadows so this color is perfect~ it works as a natural eyeshadow to use for school and can be easily glam-ed up with an eye liner to use for parties (:

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

EyesHazel

1.0

8 years ago

Did not like it

About reviewer (18 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

from

9 years ago

Got this during the semi-annual sale for 75% off, and I've been pleasantly surprised. It's a bit washed out for me when it's dry, kind of a grayish sheer purple, but a dark purple-black when wet that I don't have problems with smudging or being too glittery. Get it if its on sale!

About reviewer (49 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Coarse

9 years ago

I shop at Victoria's Secret some times (not that often) and the first time that I ever heard of these eye shadows was when my twin sister purchased me five of them for our 23rd birthday and since that day I have loved them. These eye shadows come in a variety of colors and they even have duo eye shadows. The eye shadows that I personally own: • Glamerald • Gold Rush • Plum Crazy • Sparklewash • Flower Girl All of these eye shadows have a rich kick of color for the eyes and its soft pearl shadow delivers buildable color with a subtle shimmer. Divas for added intensity apply eye shadow with a wet brush. I love all of these colors however besides crazy plum and sparklewash which are my favorite because they are purple. I like to wear Gold Rush and Flower Girl as highlights right under my brow because they are so nice and pigmented and it only has a little shimmer in them so it looks perfect right under my brow bone. These colors can be worn together or by themselves, they will make you look gorgeous either way. Depending on what look I am going for I apply these shadows to my lid or my entire eye and I love how bold and dramatic these colors look. I also wear them wet and I just apply a little bit of water to my eye shadow brush and then dip my brush in the eye shadow that I am going to wear that day. My favorite eye shadow to wear wet is Glamerald because of the color and the tiny flecks of shimmer really stand out. I also like to apply this eye shadow to set my eyeliner on my bottom lash line it looks so pretty. All of these colors are very pigmented and you only need to apply a little bit to get the color to show up. As I am looking at my eye shadows I know these colors are very dark and bold but remember I am a dramatic girl and I know that some of you would not like these colors or wear them to work, school, church etc... But remember these shadows come in a lot of different colors so either stop by a Victoria's Secret store or shop online and I guarantee that you will find a color that suites you. I would definitely recommend these wet/dry shadows to all of you ladies out there because these eye shadows can be worn in two different ways wet or dry. For those of you that are makeup artist like myself these are a must-have for your makeup collection they truly enhance your eye makeup. Although $7.00 is a little steep for one eye shadow Victoria's Secret is always have sales and deals for instance you can get 4/$20 and since you only need to apply a little these will last you for a while. I was also really impressed by their packaging because they are small in size which is great for me because I just through them in my makeup bag and I am ready to go (they do not take up a lot of room). On the back of each eye shadow it tells you the name of the eye shadow as well as the weight of the eye shadow. I really love how all of them are labeled with there own different names because I have some eye shadows and palettes that have no name whatsoever on them and as a makeup artist it makes it extremely difficult to try and tell a client or fellow makeup artist what colors you are using and how they can find the colors themselves.

About reviewer (19 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan

1.0
from

9 years ago

looks like black dirt on my eyes, not the beautiful plum you expect

About reviewer (40 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

9 years ago

I was on the lookout for a dark purple eyeshadow after my beloved Revlon perle eyeshadow in "Violet Starlet" fell and shattered. Plum Crazy is a great dupe for it. I love that used dry, the eyeshadow is pretty pigmented and can be built up for more drama. But used wet, it turns into an intense blackened purple. So gorgeous!! for 6 bucks or 7 bucks Canadian, it is my HG purple eyeshadow!!

About reviewer (173 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Tan, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

2.0

9 years ago

I agree with one reviewer that this comes off more black then the pure deep purple that I wanted, even when applied it is still to dark. For this reason I wouldn't buy again.

About reviewer (48 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinNormal, Dark

10 years ago

Very sheer, very buildable. That's always a bonus. It gives an even application, and the color turns out more black than plum as it does in the packaging. If you want a cheap shadow that can be good in the crease, or smudged out for a smokey look, this will be the steal! I think the packaging is a tiny bit flimsy, like if you drop it, the shadow would pop out (why are mineralized shadows so fragile!?) I haven't used this wet yet because I hate how some shadows DO change even a little in the way they are formulated, regardless of whether its mineral or not. I got this for $2, during a special during XMAS break.

About reviewer (423 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesBlack

10 years ago

This is a great eyeshadow. it is very pigmented. it looks great wet or dry. when you wet it and use an eyeliner brush, it looks great. the staying power is pretty good even without primer. It is a nice color and i would buy again. for around $4 it is pretty good price too. also i dropped it and it didn't break like most eyeshadows would

About reviewer (333 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure