Guerlain Parure Gold

Guerlain Parure Gold
Parure Gold Parure Gold

3.9

Active ingredients; Octinoxate, titanium dioxide 2.5% other ingredients: aqua (water), cyclopentasiloxane, alcohol, peg-9 polydimethysiloxyethyl, dimethicone, cyclohexasilicone, acrylates copolymer, C12-15 alkyl benzoate, acrylates/dimeticone copolymer, propylene glycol dicaprylate/dicaprate, mica, silica, sorbitan sesquioleate, phenoxyethanol, tribehenin, stearic acid, disteardimonium, hectorite, sodium myristoyl, glutamate, parfum (fragrance), alumina, aluminium hydroxide, butylenes glycol, centella asiatica leaf extract, propylene carbonate, terasodium edta ceramide 2, peg-10 rapeseed sterol, butylphenyl methylpropional, linalool, citronnellpl, lactic acid, dimethicone, alpha isomethyl ionone, methylparaben, benzyl benzoate, geraniol, bht, limonene, hibiscus esculentus fruit extract, buthylparaben, ethylparaben, citral, isobutylparaben, propylparaben, palmitoye oligopeptide, /-CI77891 (titanium dioxide), CI77492, CI77491, CI77499 (iron oxides).

on 9/8/2016 9:45:00 AM

Tested this foundation today. I really love how it looks and feels on my skin for the first 3 hours. It gave me smooth, flawless 'Hollywood' skin. Absolute perfection. I love how it glides over the skin and just masks every imperfection while still looking like skin. It feels light and hydrating as well. The finish is just amazing, more satiny than dewy, coverage is medium to full. Photographs beautifully, like I naturally have perfect, glowing skin. My sister immediately complimented me on how flawless my face looked when I got home. Unfortunately, it is not sweat proof or budge proof. By the 4th hour, it slowly began to wear off, pores and minor scars that were completely invisible started to resurface. Fast forward another hour, my skin still looked glowy and smooth, just less perfect up-close, with skin-texture issues (pores, a couple of ice-pick scars on my left cheek) starting to become apparent. To be fair, I do live in a very hot and very humid climate, and I was outdoors for quite awhile so I sweated a little. I also did not use primer underneath nor did I set it with powder. One thing I REALLY love is that it smoothes over dry patches, conceals and hydrates...the dry patches are still smooth 6 hours later. With other foundations,dry patches always re-surface and look flakey (even if just a little bit) after a couple hours no matter how much I've moisturized before applying. With Parure Gold, NOTHING, not even the tiniest trace of flakiness hours later...it's as if I never had dry patches in the first place.
Now on to the shades...I'm between NC15 and NC20 (1w1 Bone in ELDW). I tested 02 beige clair. It was a good match at first. then it oxidized and turned almost a shade darker...it's fine though, it gave me a slightly tan, golden glow. I plan to test the lighter shade next. Will also try to use primer and powder with it, to see how it fares longevity-wise.

My final thoughts: I think this is a fantastic foundation for dry/dehydrated skintypes prone to flakiness and dry patches, especially if you need good coverage. It doesn't have very good longevity compared to many other full-coverage foundations, but no other foundation I've tried with the same level of coverage has a finish this gorgeous and natural, and no other foundation I've tried has worked this perfectly with stubborn dry patches. Plus I'm sure longevity can be improved by using primer and by setting with some powder. I do think that this is a foundation much better suited for cooler months (or any other time apart from the dog days of summer). If you're prone to shine, you may find it too 'glowy' and emollient...this really is a foundation more suited for dry skintypes.

UPDATE: Went back to test both 31 Ambre Pale and 01 Beige Pale, one shade for each side of my face. Waited a few hours, and I ended up going back to get 31, it is the lighter and more yellow-based shade between the two. Initially it looked like 01 would be the perfect match. 31 went on slightly too light, but an hour later and for the rest of the day, it oxidized to my exact skin color. I also have to say that today the foundation is holding up so, so much better...maybe because I was indoors most of the day and not under the sun getting sweaty.

My advice::: this stuff is pricey, so please do not buy without testing on bare skin first, and please DO wait atleast a few hours to see how the shade and formula holds up on you before you part with your money! Even better, try to test it a few times on your face to make sure it doesn't cause negative reactions, gold can be an irritant to very sensitive skin types.

Why I'm rating it 4 lippies instead of 5: This is the best foundation I've ever used, but it's too pricey, and as much as I love it enough to splurge on it this one time, it is not perfect (not for the price atleast). Will I repurchase? Time will tell, but right now, I'm loving it.

on 5/30/2016 4:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Simply one of the most beautiful foundations I've ever had the pleasure of trying on my face. I will however, warn that those with oily skin types may want to do a double take before purchasing this foundation, as I found it to be pretty emollient and moisturizing for my dry skin. Emollient and moisturizing of course comes hand in hand with anti-aging, making it a very suitable foundation for mature skin as well. It does not sit in the cracks and crevices of the face easily. It is also VERY forgiving on dry skin flakes and texture, and it smooths and blurs them out. This foundation has a satin finish and yields medium-high coverage. My face looks very perfected, almost like a porcelain doll. I found the longevity to be impressive, especially for such a moisturizing foundation. In a normal work day, I still look somewhat fresh faced when I come home.

I have the new reformulated version and I'm quite surprised that Guerlain didn't fix the shade range problems. They have a very small range of shades already, which makes it difficult for anyone who is genuinely pale or darker than medium to find a match. Even for a Guerlain foundation, this stuff runs dark. I am hardly the fairest of the fair; my perfect match is NARS Deauville, which is NC20-ish, and I wear the palest shade, 01 Beige Pale. To add insult to injury, I wear 02 Beige Clair in Lingerie de Peau. The new reformulated version of Parure Gold also isn't as yellow toned and leans a lot more beige and neutral. I love, love my Guerlain foundations, but finding your shade is quite problematic, especially since it's so small and so inconsistent across ranges! This is definitely something you'd wanna go to a counter for and sample, before you decide to splurge.

To Read all 40 Reviews, Login or Join

on 5/30/2016 12:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Bought this on a whim because I saw Sam from pixiwoo use it and said it looked amazing close up. I'm not a fan of foundation looking foundation and serum based foundations usually look the most natural I find.
I use shade 03 and I'm an NC30ish. Combo skin. The next shade up was a massive jump. This definately has a yellow/golden undertone which suits my skin perfect. Guerlain foundations don't tend to cater to yellow undertones so pleasantly surprised. Must be the gold that's in it!
Anyway one pump is more than enough for my entire face. In fact I've often used less than a pump on good skin days. That's awesome to me because most of my foundation require 1-2 pumps. Scent is a clean one but definately a fragrance. Disappears after applied. Applies super easy. Looks very nice on the skin and almost invisible. Smoothes over roughness around nostrils and over pores. No issues so far. Needs to be set because otherwise stays a bit tacky. Finish is a natural finish. Not matte. Not super dewy but there is glow.
Wear time is crap. I'll put that straight out there. I have tried it alone, with the Lor primer by guerlain and with my trusty hourglass mineral veil primer. The latter seems to work best with it. Need to blot about 3 hours in (winter time so not really sweaty at all) and it seems to have gathered around some areas. Blots nicely. Coverage stays a solid medium all day.
After about an hour this oxidizes. Not in a good way. A bit on the orange side which is a shame because the shade is perfect before! Anyway not a Complete deal breaker. The deal breaker for me is the oiliness. After the first blot I just kept needing to blot. So for $119 AUS I will not repurchase. I would rather use the lingerie de peau which is not the perfect undertone but it offers better wear and is cheaper and doesn't turn on the side of orange throughout the day.

on 4/12/2016 12:22:00 PM

The best of the best. I have combination/oily aging skin, and this is the only high end foundation that provides me with long lasting skin-like coverage, exceptional oil control, and real rejuvenating effect. It does not accentuate my large pores and does not sit on my lines.On top of that it does not break me out at all. It is expensive, but a bottle lasts me for ages (more than a year- a pump is more than you need for the whole face). I have used the old version and I am now using the new one (2015 edition). I have tried many high end foundations (Lancome, Dior, Estee Lauder, La Prairie, Sisley) but nothing has ever came close to the results I obtain with this foundation. I apply it with my fingers,wait a bit, and then perfect it with a beauty blender. My Holy Grail.

on 3/26/2016 12:57:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I have tried so many different foundations that seemed great when applied by the make up counter, but when i get home realise that it's not for me. And then i tried Guerlain's Parure Gold. The price is pretty high for a foundation but if i think about all my other unused foundations that i have bought in the past, it's totally worth it! This i have used until the bottle is empty and had to buy it again. The coverage is brilliant - not something that i use everyday as i usually go for something lighter, but it's perfect for evening wear. Everytime i wear it, i am always complimented on having radiant skin and it is the only foundation i will use from now on. Yes, the price is a little on the high side, but it's a great quality product and something that i won't discard. It's very rare i come across a product that i love and use to the very end so I am a Guerlain convert. Cannot recommend it enough - every girl needs their little luxuries and this is mine.

on 2/20/2016 1:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this foundation you cannot see my fine lines and wrinkles and covers my melasma makes me look younger, it comes out excellent in pictures! The only con I have is it so pricey, but you can find it on overstock.com

on 1/7/2015 2:44:00 AM

i love love love this foundation ... it make ur face looks flawless and soft and it covers up acne scars , blemishes , redness really good. and its long lasting,
my fav product and i would definitely buy this again <3

on 9/3/2014 11:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love Guerlain products and this is no exception. im in MAC NC20. I use Guerlain Lingerie de Peau in 02 Clair, Les Voilettes in 02 Clair. But somehow when i go to the store, i got matched to Parure in 01 beige pale instead and it matched me well. I like that this dont feel heavy on the skin, it gives medium coverage. I have bad acne scars so it didnt cover the scars only the redness. I'll probably buy it again coz Guerlain foundations are the only ones i know that dont give my acne prone skin breakouts.

Update: I just use this for 8 hours for work, i had to drive under the hot weather to a meeting and when i come home my makeup is still flawless. Im impressed, so far no other foundation stay that way. I think i figure out why it lasted longer than other days, i usually use Guerlain primer but today i switched to MUFE primer, MUFE primer make it last longer. Then i put on the Guerlain perles and voyage on top to set the foundation.

on 8/30/2014 5:59:00 AM

Oh Guerlain if only your shade colours were consistent across your entire range of foundations. I love Guerlain foundations and own a few of the various formulas, however Parure Gold is the darkest of them all. Making this suitable in summertime for me with a slight tan but not a good match in the winter time.

On my NC 15 yellow under toned skin the closest match available was the 01 Beige Pale - which is considerably darker than 01 in LDP / Lumiere / Tenue etc. I think Parure Gold in 01 would be better suited to NC 20.

This also tends to oxidise on me as the day goes on. Which is a shame as this is a beautiful creamy foundation to apply, two pumps are more than enough for a light to medium coverage, leaving you with flawless, glowy looking healthy skin. You have time to build this up gradually and I find it works and looks great buffed in with a slightly dampened flat top kabuki brush. As I have normal/combination skin this moisturising foundation does need a blot in my T-zone after a few hours and performs better with a light powder over the nose and forehead. I have been pairing this with Hourglass Ethereal and loving the finish.

As this will be better suited to me with a bit of a tan going on I will keep this as a summertime foundation.

on 6/8/2014 5:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

At this price tag a foundation has got to be very nearly perfect and I don't think this one really delivers. It's quite nice to start with, a good balance between luminosity and coverage but after a few hours on the skin or seems to have lost its personality. It looks just flat average coverage and some of the glow gets lost around the 4 hours mark. Such a shame because I really enjoyed it at the start but you can't pay this much and be touching up all day.