Bobbi Brown EXTRA Eye Repair Cream

3.9

Water, Petrolatum, Dimethicone, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Glycerin, Ceresin, Phenyl Trimethicone, Acetyl Glucosamine, Pentylene Glycol, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Lanolin Alcohol, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Extract, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat Bran) Extract, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, Ascophyllum Nodosum Extract, Asparagopsis Armata Extract, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Morus Bombycis (Mulberry) Root Extract, Salvia Sclarea (Clary) Extract, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caffeine, Sucrose, Silica, Cholesterol, Sorbitol, DI-C12-15 Alkyl Fumarate, PEG-30 Dipolyhydroxystearate, Behenyl Alcohol, Hydroxystearic Acid, Micrococcus Lysate, PEG-8 Distearate, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Trehalose, Linoleic Acid, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Lecithin, Potassium Stearate, Potassium Palmitate, Fragrance, Sodium Chloride, Trisodium EDTA, Limonene, Benzyl Salicylate, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

When I noticed that my undereye area was getting quite dry and was developing dehydration fine lines, I did some research and tried this. I went through two full size jars, and found it was quite effective at keeping the area hydrated and reducing signs of aging. However I decided that the price was just too much, considering the ingredient list. I'm now using Mario Badescu Olive Eye Cream, which has a similar dense texture. I find it to be a comparable product, for a much more reasonable price.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I've been going through samples of various eye creams trying to decide which to buy to meet my needs; for day, I'm looking for a cream that will keep my eye area hydrated and help my concealer go smoothly, and for evening, one with anti-ageing properties.

I use Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer and this eye cream really does make a difference by thoroughly hydrating the eye area and creating a smooth base for concealer.

This is a very thick cream - far richer than Bobbi Brown's Hydrating Eye Cream, which I'd bought a few times and really liked, but is a little lightweight for me these days. A tiny sample pot of Extra has lasted a long time as very little is needed (one quick dab of the ring finger per eye). I carry it with me with the concealer for day time touch ups.

I'm not sure if it's suitable for anti-ageing needs. I've found that Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair eye cream works for me in that respect but a touch of Extra on top helps if my eye area is feeling particularly dry.

I thought about buying the full size of this product. It's expensive but I don't mind paying for a product that works. However, I found that Clinique All About Eyes Rich is very similar in texture and performance and costs quite a bit less, and is doubly irresistible when there's a Clinique GWP offer to be had!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

EDIT: After I wrote the review below I realized this cream gave me a bad case of watery eyes couple hours later which lasted until the end of next day. I didn't suspect the reason was this cream as I have blepharitis and it's not uncommon to have eye issues for me. But I had used this cream on my mother as well and she said she got watery eyes those days too. I think it's fair to say the reason was this cream. Taking another lipstick-star away I'm afraid.

This an excellent primer for eye area. Petrolatum is the second on the ingredients list after water, so it really softens the skin. Silicone is the third and with that it gives a smooth feeling instantly which is good to get ready for eye make-up.

However, as an eye moisturizer and not just 'a primer', although it has a bunch of beneficial ingredients, high silicone amount alone cancels out the benefits for me. There isn't enough research on silicone so I can't be sure but based on how my skin reacts, I found silicone-rich moisturizers drying on the longterm. Also in eye creams I prefer to have ingredients like caffeine higher on the list. In this one it's pretty low.

I was already using a good eye serum but at 51 felt I needed a richer formulation and this is perfect. Feels very comfortable on the skin and reduces my fine lines, and makes concealing under eye shadows easier because it's a good rich base. Would definitely buy again, it's not cheap but is only £10 or so more than my old eye cream so that's ok. I don't mind paying out if something works!

My under eye area has been behaving strangely after some fillers...after an IPL & Yag treatment it was still looking like it was either filler left or damaged skin. My Velashape Therapist recommended moisterizing the area (which I thought I was already doing with other product).

Then my memory started screaming this cream as it was always highly recommended for moisterizing the under eye area. So I jumped on ebay & bought a sample & viola. Problem solved after one application. I do not know why I returned tgis stuff three years ago. I neglected my younger skin because it was great, needed no additional junk...but I do wonder how it would look had I taken better care of it. This cream is a life saver!!!!!!!

Light, seriously hydrating, nourishing serum. My skin LOVES it. I will never be without it. Highly recommended.

I've been using this for 6 months and It doesnt' reduce my fine line.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Love how soothing and calming extra eye feels on clean skin. I have been using such product for over a few weeks, but I do layer with either La Mer eye at PM, and Kiehl's assorted eye in the AM. Overall I am happy with how smooth and soothing extra remains, and we will see in the long term. As of this date I enjoy this product and have always appreciated the superior quality to Bobbi Brown skin care and makeup. 😎❤️🎈

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is a good eye cream. Soaks in and feels hydrating. I just hate the tub. I wish it had a pump. Plus it's expensive.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I do not understand the hype around this eye cream. It does not work for me, although I had high hopes after reading the many positive reviews.

The cream is thick, but after warming it between the fingers, it absorbs fast. So this is still ok.

However, it seems to dry out my eye area... Because of this, my fine lines are even more profound. After a couple of weeks of use, I really look older, my eye area looks tired... nothing you would expect from an expensive eye cream like this one.