Hard Candy Knock Out

3.8

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Color: bright barbie pink

Pros: creamy, pigmented, moisturizing

Cons: wears off easily

Comments: This stuff is so creamy, it feels like a lip balm. The color is nothing special, I have plenty others like it. Due to it's very creamy consistency, it can come off pretty easily. It doesn't last very long at all.

Will not repurchase.

on 2/23/2011 9:31:00 PM

The packaging is what sold me, it is the coolest packaging I have ever seen a lipstick have.

The product is okay, not too matte and not too shiny. It is on the drier side by not too bad. In the tube it looks like a classic pink color but goes on much brighter. I have only worn it a few times as it is so bright...if you don't mind bright colors you'll probably love it!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a really pretty rose pink petal color in the tube. I really liked it at the store and was hoping it would look good on me since I'm more of a red lipstick type of gal and wanted to get a lighter colored lipstick. My lips are just way too pigmented and the color does not come on light enough on me so the lipstick looks too fake on me. I then decided to experiment and mutted my natural color by putting on foundation over my lips first and then I applied the l/s on. It came out much better like a babydoll pink but too similar to Fire Alarm with Girl Next Door Lipgloss over it! EDIT- I tired my E.L.F base coat from their lip plumping glosses line underneath it. Which is a shimmery white gloss. The lipstick over it popped! Its a really nice bright bubble gum pink color. One of my fav. colors so far from their l/s.

on 12/12/2009 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This is a nice creamy lipstick. When first applied, it's moisturizing. But it gets dry after an hour or so.

Sadly, this is more of a coral reddish color. When I first swatched it on my arm, I figured it would be more of a bright Barbie pink...but boy was I wrong.

Since this is too red against my NC20 skin tone, I won't repurchase. However Hard Candy makes amazing lipsticks, so don't be afraid to try them.

I was really intrigued by the Hard Candy for Walmart line. I really liked the former high-end line, particularly the lip glosses. Plus, I'm a sucker for cute packaging. Infact, just the other day a friend of mine commented, in regard to my Hard Candy 10 years of Gloss gloss ; "Stick a plastic, heart-shaped crystal on there and you're in love". It's so true! But I digress...

So yeah, the walmart line. I bought two items, one of which was the Painted Lady Lipstick in Knock Out. The shade is a nice neutral, rosy pink (don't be fooled by the online photos, these lipsticks need to be seen in person before purchased). The consistency is very creamy, almost balm-like; moist feeling and looking, but somehow not slippery at all. I put it on with a nude/rose lipliner and it was perfection. It was even still there after a snack! This lipstick is a beautiful thing!

The one caveat, and the only reason that it lost a lippie from me, is that the packaging, while cute, is a little rickety. It kind of jerks a bit when I roll it up. Not a huge deal, but I had only used it once. Just the slightest reminder that this brand is no longer high end. All in all though, a good product.

Popular Lipsticks