Urban Decay Smoke Out Kit in Ju-Ju

Urban Decay Smoke Out Kit in Ju-Ju

3.6

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 12/22/2010 6:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I originally planned to buy this kit in 'Sweet Lucy', but decided against it as I thought that the colours wouldn't suit my dark hair and pale skin. Instead I bought it in 'JuJu' and I'm so, so glad I did; the colours are dark and sultry without looking too heavy or gothic.

Even though I wear it quite heavily I find it's still day time appropriate if worn with a pale, nude lip colour, and despite being bought in August it's still going strong.

The only negative points are:

- the case: I find it quite bulky and can be knocked open quite easily.

- the brush: although I do use it, I use my own seperate brushes for blending as it doesn't work quite as well.

- the mascara: I found that the mascara brush applied the mascara quite light and thin, whereas I prefer my mascara very thick and heavy, so I use my own mascara instead. But that's just my personal preference :)

I have this kit but its YERBA, the green smoky eye. The eyeshadows are pretty well pigmented but you don't get a lot of product in this. I find the smudge brush useless. I like that it comes with a mini 24/7 eyeliner in Zero and a mini skyscraper multi benefit mascara. The packaging is cute but its not practical because it doesn't stay closed making it impossible to travel with. I like the look that I can achieve with this kit but I could create the same look (if not better) with other eyeshadow. I would not purchase this product again.

on 11/29/2010 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

i thought the packaging was neat and different very cuute. but so disappointed when it arrived in the mail and i tried it out =[ colors wasnt pigmented at all and very dry and chalky. only thing i like is the mini eyeliner, brush and mascara this is one of the best eyeliners so kinda glad i got to try a mini version of it before i buy the fullsize one but yeah pretty sure its discontinued by now so wouldnt purchase again.

on 7/31/2010 5:32:00 PM

The eye colors are acctually pretty good. They are all matte and blend pretty well. As a bonus, the kit includes everything you need for the look.....eyeliner, mascara, brush and instructions.
Cons: the packaging is way too bulky and each layer swings open too easily with no way to secure them. The included brush is crap-I use from my own stash. The mascara doesn't like me--it smudges way too easily.

I own this in Yerba (green) but could not find nor create an entry for that colour..

It is a nice little kit.
I wanted some help in creating a dark smokey eye, which always looks like I've been punched.
I liked the instruction, I liked the dark green - it contains base colour for the lid in medium green, a matte neutral colour for above the crease, a matte white highlighting colour (or is it vanilla?), and a dark dark green (beautiful colour) for the liner to be smudged.
I was not crazy about the brushes that were included (the smudging brush somehow felt harsh, so I used my own).
With some modification (I found I need highlight on the inner third of my lid, not only in the tear dot are to avoid the "punched" look - my eyes are big and almond shaped, rather horizontally "positioned") I reached my first pretty dark smokey eye!

I like the product, I will not purchase more for I think what helped me the most was the technique instruction. it is good to own but I can now experiment with other colours IMO.
What I find a tiny bit annoying is the kit flips open easily - no way to secure it somehow.
The packaging is cute though with the "secret drawer" where you find the instruction in . A B+ I'd say.

Popular Palettes