Palladio Tinted Lip Balm

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Palladio Tinted Lip Balm
For Palladio Herbal Tinted Lip Balms review

4.3

Polybutene Octyldodecanol Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride Ozokerite Synthetic Wax Microcrystalline Wax Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Fruit Cetyl Lactate Beeswax Myristyl Lactate Zea Mays (Corn) Starch Silica Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil Aluminum Hydroxide Propylparaben BHT Tetradibutyl Pentaerithrityl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate Benzotriazolyl Dodecyl p-Cresol Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil Wheat Germ Glycerides Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil Vanillin

on 7/6/2012 11:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I'm very impressed with the Palladio herbal Tinted Lip Balm. Despite herbal in the name, there is no herbal scent, in fact the scent is a vanilla that reminds me of MAC lipsticks. No ingredients listed on the tube. I've been wanting a tinted lip balm for some time and just couldn't find one I liked at the right price point until I found these at Ulta.

on 9/26/2011 6:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Excellent quality & price! Especially when compared to Burt's Bees tinted lip balms-$7 for 4.25g, these are $4 for 7.4g!!!! Plus 9 colors to choose from vs 6, (but these ofcourse are not 100% natural) Anyways, they are superrr moisturizing & nicely pigmented (except cotton candy). My breakdown for newbies wanting to try them out:

~~Berry sheer peachy color can be MLBB for less pigmented lips
~~Brownie sheer color can be MLBB for more pigmented lips.
~~Orange is peachy orange that I don't like by itself, but LOVE it over washed out nude lippies, adds the right amount of color to what they should have been originally instead of making me look dead.
~~Champagne--is true to its name & I use it to tone down a lot of deeper/brighter lippies that I reluctantly wear otherwise.
~~Cotton Candy-almost clear, shimmer with pink undertone, only one u can throw in your bag & apply without mirror for moisture.
~~Naturally Brozne-shimmery nude
~~Golden Pink & Bronzy Pink-very different but true to their names
~~Rosey is the most pigmented pink & brightest

on 8/22/2011 9:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have this in Bronzy Pink, which looks exactly how it sounds. It leans closer to the bronze-brown end of the spectrum, though. The color payoff is a very pleasant surprise for a tinted lip balm. However, it's not too strong so it's perfect for days when you don't want to look too made up. The biggest drawback would be that this lip balm is a bit too soft. It melts pretty easily in the summer, and sometimes leaves uneven globs on my lips. The smell is slightly herbal (as the name would suggest) and I neither like nor dislike it.

on 12/2/2010 7:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

These are great lip balms. No fragrance, taste or sticky/tacky feel.

I have the Brownie and Rosy, both have no shimmer etc., just very pretty shine and a little bit of color. I prefer these to lip glosses.

on 8/6/2010 7:50:00 PM

It's okay for a lip balm... I definitely bought a terrible color though.. some kind of mocha caramel. The color isn't sheer and so it goes on like a thin lipstick. So the lip balm looked really unnatural on me. (If it was a little bit sheer it would've at least looked somewhat natural.)

On the other hand, it has a creamy texture that moisturizes. I remember wearing this in the house and it did the moisturizing job pretty well. Lol, I won't wear it outside though bc the color is so unflattering.

If you're looking for tinted lip balm (like I'm always looking for) then... this might be it if you can catch a really good color.

on 6/10/2010 3:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have this in Berry, which is actually a reddish, peachy coral color without any of the purple tones most shades named "berry" contain. Tinted lip balms and sheer, moisturizing lipsticks are probably my favorite lip products, and this is one of my favorite products in that category. For something so pigmented, it's very moisturizing, lasts very well, is packaged well, and doesn't have any smell or taste that I can detect.

The only reason I give this a 4/5 is because it's too pigmented for me to simply throw in my bag and swipe on my lips whenever I need to. Maybe it's because I'm pretty pale, but I have to wear this with another lip balm layered underneath in order to tone down the color. However, for $4 I will happily repurchase, especially since I love the formula and how the toned-down shade looks.

The only other color I would consider purchasing is Cotton Candy, but swiped on my hand it's absolutely clear, with just some glimmer in it, and since I don't even like sparkle on my lips I'm hesitant to buy it. I really wish there was a happy medium between the opaqueness of Berry and sheerness of Cotton Candy. So for me this a really really fantastic little product, but I wish there were more color options and that this shade in particular was less pigmented--basically I'd like more balm, less tint.

on 5/30/2010 11:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I have been looking for a lip balm that would moisturize and give my lips color without having to use lipstick all the time. This product is perfect. I purchased it in cotton candy. I do have pigmented lips so with one coat, all the product did was tone down my lips a little bit . With 2 or 3 coats, my lips had a slight pink tint to it. It goes on very smooth, not heavy, and its very moisturizing. It is also not too shiny.

I like applying my HoneyLove matte MAC lipstick on top of this lip balm. It gives my lips the perfect pink tone and the right amount of shine! My only con is the smell.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I saw these at Ulta, and they come with testers so I tried all of the shades. They have a good mix of colors with and without shimmer. Very pretty and with a good price. I chose Naturally Bronze (luminous nude) , and Rosey (pink coral). The nude is not quite shimmery, but it does have a luminous undertone. I like it more than the Rosey. The color with these is buildable, and they feel creamy smooth on lips. Kind of a soft balm, so be careful letting it get hot. I wouldn't call them a balm, they are more like a semi lipstick. Like Clinique Different lipsticks.

on 4/16/2010 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Grey, Kinky, Medium

THESE ARE PERFECT! My search for the perfect sheer, moist, glossy, tinted lip balm is over. Such a wonderful color variety too:

Rosey - MLBB fresh Spring rose (very sheer)

Brownie - MLBB perfect rosey-brown (very sheer)

Cotton Candy - sheerest light pink (barely visible)

Champagne - light beige frost (not so sheer)

Naturally Bronze - opaque flat nude (no shimmer)

Golden Pink - frosty bronzed pink, looks seashell-peach

Berry - sheer peach, honestly

The only color I didn't buy was Orange. These are all beautiful depending on individual tastes in color & skintone. Only $4 at the drugstore. They come in black standard lip balm packaging, which I prefer. No SPF is great for me as sunscreen dries out my lips & my purpose is to keep my lips moist & dewy.

I love these tinted lip balms. They're great. Would absolutely repurchase.