Palladio Beauty Tinted Lip Balm

Palladio Beauty Tinted Lip Balm
For Palladio Herbal Tinted Lip Balms review

4.3

Octyldodecanol, Polybutene, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Ozokerite, Synthetic Wax, BeesWax, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Fruit, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Propylparaben, Pentaerithrityl Tetradibutyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, BHT, Vanillin, Wheat Germ Glycerides, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Retinyl Palmitate, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate.May Contain: Red 7 Lake (CI15850), Iron Oxide (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), Carmine (CI75470), Yellow 5 Lake (CI19140), Red 6 Lake (CI15850), Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Silica , Mica (CI77019), Blue 1 Lake (CI42090).

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This lip balm is okay. It didn't do much for me and wasn't moisturizing. There were some good things about it, however I didn't like it much. Pros: great color pay off, nice packaging (I like that I was in a tube, and smooth texture. Cons: dried my lips out (started peeling after use, don't know why :( ), very thick (feels like a lipstick), slight weird taste (very slight). It also had a smell (very light), but I'm not sure whether I like the smell or not. Overall I didn't like it because I felt like it was a lipstick in a lip balm tube and it dried my lips out. The color rosy is gorgeous though. Some may like it however it just didn't work for me.

I got this in Cotton Candy, and have had it for a couple months. It is sheer. You can taste the wax in the balm. If you put too much on it tastes disgusting. Won't buy again in any flavor/color.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I bought this product because I was looking for a nice tinted lip balm to use for work (lipstick is too much for me, but I have to have some colour on my fairly unpigmented lips or I'll end up looking like a zombie). I was hoping it would be a slip-into-your-pocket-and-not-have-to-look-into-a-mirror product, but I'm so disappointed! First of all, the price. I paid two arms and legs for this -- $5.50 CDN + tax at Sally's! I would normally never pay that much for a tiny tube of lip balm, but the Sally website listed it as $3.99. So deceiving! Second, this "balm" is not moisturizing AT ALL. It goes on waxy, does not absorb, and, like the reviewer below me mentioned, seems to leave my lips drier than before (they look scrunched up, if you know what I mean). If I had known this I wouldn't have paid so much for this crap! That being said, the colour payoff is nice -- I have mine in Rosey -- but it definitely does not go well with dry lips, which is what this "balm" leaves you with. The only reason I chose this over C.O. Bigelow's Rose Salve was because this is herbal and I liked the classy little packaging. But this does nothing for me whatsoever so I'm really regretting buying it, especially for the outrageous price. Will stick with a lip stain and good old' Blistex for work instead.

on 6/6/2011 3:18:00 PM

Mehhhhhh.....I only bought this because it looked beautiful on a YT guru I watch. I've really got to quit buying things that YT-ers promote because they're not going to work for everyone.

I don't like the consistancy of this lip balm. It feels too thick and slippery at the same time. It's also a bit gritty IMO.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This stuff is very waxy, and rubs off all over the place. It's more balm than tint.

on 11/23/2010 2:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I bought mine in golden pink and berry. Shade berry is nothing like a berry, it is extremely orangey coral and looks awful on my lips. After trying that one I wish I had fell in love with the golden pink but no, it's just like extremely shimmery gold lipstick and it looks so unnatural on me. I think I'm going to use these as over-night treatments since they are very moisturizing - which is the only thing I like about these lip balms. I didn't fall in love with these but I will always love my Burt's Bees lip shimmers in Peony and Caramel!

on 8/29/2010 11:53:00 PM

Although is a good lip balm, I donīt like the taste at all. You know, in some point a little bit of the product comes into your mouth, and this balm is just too "strong" to me

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I love tinted balms. I loved the ones made by Bobbi Brown, as they weren't super shiny or shimmery but deposited a lot of color. Unfortunately, she doesn't seem to be making those anymore. When I saw these at Sally Beauty, I had to give them a try. I paid $2.99 each (maybe they were on sale; someone below mentioned paying $5) for Berry and Golden Pink. They apply smoothly and have a slightly shiny finish. They aren't too thick (like some people complained about BB balms, that I previously mentioned) or too watery. They do feel moisturizing. However, the colors I chose are TERRIBLE. Berry doesn't look at all like the color on the tube (pinkish, cool-toned berry). When you open the tube, it is much more warm-toned with a lot of red...actually, it is almost coral, which is not a good color for me (cool-toned PPP...I wear BB foundations in Alabster). Next I tried Golden Pink. Upon uponing the tube you can tell immediately that it's going to be garish. You can see gold flecks all over the place. I thought it might apply roughly because of this, but is still smooth. That doesn't matter though, because it is completely unwearable. The gold tones are way too flashy and garish. Maybe it'd look good on someone for a party, or going to a club...I don't know. I think it looks tacky, personally.

So, to sum up, the quality of the balm itself is good. The colors I have tried though are awful, so I'd be hesitant to even try any of the others.

on 12/8/2013 10:22:00 PM

I have this in Champagne and it's pretty good, but nothing amazing. Champagne is a shimmery but not glittery or frosty nude that looks pretty and has nice shine. The pigmentation is pretty decent for a light-colored tinted balm.

The formula isn't super moisturizing, nor does it last very long, but it does the job as a balm in a pinch. Any moisture it does infuse doesn't last, either. I personally think the Neutrogena tinted balms are far superior in replenishing and maintaining lips' moisture.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Everyone online raves about these, and they don't cost a lot so I figured I'd try one. My lips are often dry and flaky so I was really hoping this would deliver both color and moisture.

I have the shade Berry, and the color itself is fine on me, but it fades away very quickly. This wouldn't bother me too much if the product also moisturized my lips, but it doesn't! In fact, it dries them out even more, and the color sticks to the dry patches and generally looks terrible.

So, this product didn't work for me at all, and I won't be buying another one. The search continues...