Palladio Tinted Lip Balm

Palladio Tinted Lip Balm
For Palladio Herbal Tinted Lip Balms review

4.3

Polybutene Octyldodecanol Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride Ozokerite Synthetic Wax Microcrystalline Wax Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Fruit Cetyl Lactate Beeswax Myristyl Lactate Zea Mays (Corn) Starch Silica Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil Aluminum Hydroxide Propylparaben BHT Tetradibutyl Pentaerithrityl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate Benzotriazolyl Dodecyl p-Cresol Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil Wheat Germ Glycerides Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil Vanillin

on 5/21/2010 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Last month I purchased two of the Palladio lip balms in the shades Orange and Brownie and they impressed me so much I ended up collecting the entire range of colors. All were purchased at Duane Reade for $4 each.

(click "Continued" at the end of my review to see product pics and swatches. Includes lip swatch)

I've been trying out a lot of tinted lip balms lately and consider the Palladio lip balms as some of my favorites. They're not as moisturizing or thick and, consequently, not as long lasting as my beloved NYC Lip Sliders Tinted Lip Balms, but they don't dry out my lips like the Korres lip butters. The Palladio balms are very creamy smooth and not waxy, sticky, or greasy in texture. And they have good color payoff, especially the darker shades.

I can't detect any taste/flavor in these products. There is a very slight scent but it's not unpleasant. Funnily enough, it doesn't have an herbal or medicinal scent as one would expect an "Herbal Tinted Lip Balm" to possess. Personally, I think they smell like the hard candy coating on the outside of Jordan almonds - a barely there, soft sugar scent.

The nine available Palladio Herbal Tinted Lip Balm shades are: Champagne, Cotton Candy, Golden Pink, Bronzy Pink, Naturally Bronze, Orange, Berry, Rosey, and Brownie. (Palladio's website lists Natural Bronze but the actual packaging reads Naturally Bronze) I would say that Orange, Berry, and Brownie are my favorites because they look the most natural on my not-very-pigmented lips. Don't be scared by the names "Orange" and "Brownie". Orange is actually pretty sheer and not "in your face" bright. And, as you can tell from the swatch, Brownie is far from being dirt brown in color; in fact, I consider it a more flattering, redder version of Clinique's Black Honey lipstick. Orange and Berry are great for a MLBB (my lips but better) look, and Brownie for a bit more color.

I can say without any doubt that, out of the nine colors, Rosey is the most pigmented. Forget tinted lip balm, Rosey could probably pass as a moisturizing lipstick. One swipe is all I need to get really good color payoff.

As far as I can tell, Brownie, Berry and Rosey are the only non-shimmery (or minimal to almost non-existant shimmer) shades. It's a bit hard to tell. With these three shades, sometimes I don't think they have any shimmer but then there'll be a change in lighting and then I think perhaps they do have the tiniest bit of micro shimmer.

There's no question about the other six shades though; they definitely have shimmer to varying degrees. But not gritty or obnoxious shimmer. Orange contains shimmer but on the lips can pass as a non-shimmer shade, and has far less shimmer than the much more shimmery Golden Pink.As someone who's repulsed by frosty and super shimmery colors, none of the Palladio lip balm colors make me want to hurl.

I would say that for stick-type lip balms the Palladio Herbal Tinted Lip Balms are surprisingly long lasting. Overall, they're sufficiently moisturizing and all very wearable shades with a nice texture, finish, and moderate to great pigmentation (depending on the shade). continued >>

on 9/26/2011 6:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Excellent quality & price! Especially when compared to Burt's Bees tinted lip balms-$7 for 4.25g, these are $4 for 7.4g!!!! Plus 9 colors to choose from vs 6, (but these ofcourse are not 100% natural) Anyways, they are superrr moisturizing & nicely pigmented (except cotton candy). My breakdown for newbies wanting to try them out:

~~Berry sheer peachy color can be MLBB for less pigmented lips
~~Brownie sheer color can be MLBB for more pigmented lips.
~~Orange is peachy orange that I don't like by itself, but LOVE it over washed out nude lippies, adds the right amount of color to what they should have been originally instead of making me look dead.
~~Champagne--is true to its name & I use it to tone down a lot of deeper/brighter lippies that I reluctantly wear otherwise.
~~Cotton Candy-almost clear, shimmer with pink undertone, only one u can throw in your bag & apply without mirror for moisture.
~~Naturally Brozne-shimmery nude
~~Golden Pink & Bronzy Pink-very different but true to their names
~~Rosey is the most pigmented pink & brightest

on 4/16/2010 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Grey, Kinky, Medium

THESE ARE PERFECT! My search for the perfect sheer, moist, glossy, tinted lip balm is over. Such a wonderful color variety too:

Rosey - MLBB fresh Spring rose (very sheer)

Brownie - MLBB perfect rosey-brown (very sheer)

Cotton Candy - sheerest light pink (barely visible)

Champagne - light beige frost (not so sheer)

Naturally Bronze - opaque flat nude (no shimmer)

Golden Pink - frosty bronzed pink, looks seashell-peach

Berry - sheer peach, honestly

The only color I didn't buy was Orange. These are all beautiful depending on individual tastes in color & skintone. Only $4 at the drugstore. They come in black standard lip balm packaging, which I prefer. No SPF is great for me as sunscreen dries out my lips & my purpose is to keep my lips moist & dewy.

I love these tinted lip balms. They're great. Would absolutely repurchase.

on 7/22/2010 12:49:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

LOVE these little gems!!! Absolutely LOVE 'EM!!! I have these in 3 colors: Champagne, Cotton Candy, and Golden Pink. I am allergic to most lip products on the market because of all my skin sensitivities (lanolin, fragrances, sunscreens, etc)... but these do not irritate my lips at all. If anything, they make my lips feel super smooth and soft even long after they have worn off. The colors are great, too! These are more like little lipsticks to me than lip balms, because of their nice pigmentation. I find them comparable to Clinique's Buttershine lipsticks, except I actually find the Palladio version even better. With the Palladio TLBs, my lips don't feel dry afterwards; and the color payoff is even better than with some of the Buttershines that I have. Oh, and did I mention the price difference? When Sally's has these on sale, you could probably get about 5 or 6 of these Palladio TLBs for the price you would pay for ONE Clinique Buttershine lipstick! Sure Clinique has better packaging & might be slightly larger in the tube, but you still can't beat these! I hope Palladio never discontinues these little gems... ♥

I got this in a swap in the color "Rosey". Overall, it is such a great lip balm! I find no faults in it. It moisturizes lips well, smells amazing, and oh my gosh, the color is beautiful! It is very similar to MAC Viva Glam Cyndi; however, it is sheerer. Although they aren't dupes for each other, I would say they are very close. It might be impossible to tell whether or not this was MAC Cyndi sheered out or this on the lips. Yes, I would totally buy again, and all the other colors too the next time I go to a Sally Beauty Supply!

on 6/18/2012 4:28:00 PM

WOW!!!! I really couldn't be any happier with these tinted lip balms. Keep in mind that I am a person who has a very DIFFICULT time finding lipsticks and glosses that agree with me. What I mean by that is that I am not really a lipstick person but more of a gloss person. However, most colors don't suit me too well. Lipsticks are either too matte or have too much color and most lip glosses are either too sheer and come out looking clear on my lips no matter what. I simply ADORED Mac Lip Gelee in "Straight to the head" but unfortunately it was a limited edition and no longer available. With that said I have been searching and searching for the perfect color for my lips. After reading the great reviews regarding the Palladio tinted lip balms I was very leery. I have never worn a tinted lip balm in my life and I just assumed that they were very sheer colors that would be no different than a clear gloss. I headed out to my local Sally's today and purchased 3 colors: Golden Pink, Bronzy Pink and Cotton Candy. I held my breath when I applied them and hoped for the best. WOW!!! I was pleasantly surprised. The Golden Pink is my favorite color. It's looks just like the name. Pink with golden shimmer. I happen to be a person who LOVES shimmer so this wasn't a problem for me. I tried on the other 2 colors and they are nice too. These balms are not too sheer but pigmented just right. They are like a cross between a lipstick and a gloss. The texture is not thick, goopy or sticky but very moisturizing. A lot of ladies have been complaining about the staying power of these, but what I did first prior to applying them was apply one coat of "Sealed with a Kiss", lipstick sealant. This is an item that can also be purchased at Sally's. It gave these balms HOURS of staying power without being too dry. The colors really do agree with my skin tone which is a relief and I plan to purchase these again and again!! Kudos to PALLADIO!! They hit these out of the ballpark. :)

on 8/13/2010 7:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Thanks to the user Mimsy for the great review of this below, which is how I came to try the product. I have this in Orange and Bronzed Pink and I love them both. For the price, it's a really fantastic deal. The Orange is such a lovely sheer peach, reminds me of my beloved NARS Mindgame lipstick. The bronzed pink does have a lot of shimmer, but it's a really nice warm color, no pink really, which is great for me since I can't do pinks. Both colors work really well on my light, warm toned complexion. The texture is to die for. Very soft, glides on dewy and really moisturizing. Similar to Clinique Almost lipstick, but less drying. Also less tacky and more balmy than my Tarte lip sheer in Wednesday. The color is more sheer than the Laura Mercier tinted balms, but I actually prefer that. I only wish there were more warm colors - a warm red would be ideal! The product is hardly noticeable in its little display in the Sally's store. I'm so glad I found it! great deal. I've paid a lot more for products that were way, way inferior.

on 5/21/2010 2:30:00 PM

I have this in Rosey and Brownie, which both have a creamy sheen (no frost). Nice color payoff for a tinted lip balm, basically a sheer lipstick with moisture. Requires re-app every couple of hours but since it looks like a lip balm instead of a lipstick, I feel free to apply it anywhere--for instance on the trail with my hiking buddies-- without feeling ridiculous for putting "makeup" on in public. For me, Rosey is almost like raspberry (pinky rose with a blue undertone) except a bit lighter. A nice fresh color except I think it's a bit "young" for me. Brownie is more sophisticated, a pinky-brown. Both feel smooth on my lips. Also have Orange which is more sheer, not crazy about the color because it doesn't layer well with my berry toned lips.

on 5/19/2010 1:45:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HG HG HG! These tinted lip balms are perfect. They moisturize like really high quality lip balm, and at the same time offer a TON of tint. If you apply one sheer coat you'll get a sheer wash of color, but with two or more coats it easily looks almost like lipstick-grade color (without looking dry like many lipsticks do). I have it in Rosey which is the most red color. Haven't tried other shades because I pretty much stick to red tinted lips, but this is such a great product I might try a new shade at some point. So cheap too, at $3-4, and one tube lasts a long time. I really love this product-- I have a mini panic attack every time I misplace it, and I'm not even a lip product person! Before this all I would use was Dr. Pepper lipsmacker because it also has a slight red tint. This is sooo much better though. Most tinted lip balms I've tried were failures because the pigment didn't mix well with the balmy texture of the product, resulting in the color not applying smoothly. But these are PERFECT! I would be happy with this as my only lip product for the rest of my life. So glad I found out about these on EmilyNoel83's youtube channel!

on 4/16/2012 10:07:00 AM

After seeing these in both Ulta and at Sally's I decided to give them a try--I bought several colors, including bronzy pink, golden pink, cotton candy, and sangria--and LOVED how creamy and actually how much pigment there was for an inexpensive lip balm--and the staying power was pretty decent, too. I have to say my favorite was the golden pink, a nice goldish pinky hue that pops :) the bronzy pink is nice, too. Would definitely keep these as a staple in the hot, humid months in South Florida. If you're thinking of trying them, go ahead--you won't be disappointed. Cheaper than the Revlon lip butters, and IMO nicer colors, too!