Palladio Tinted Lip Balm

Palladio Tinted Lip Balm
For Palladio Herbal Tinted Lip Balms review

4.3

Polybutene Octyldodecanol Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride Ozokerite Synthetic Wax Microcrystalline Wax Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Fruit Cetyl Lactate Beeswax Myristyl Lactate Zea Mays (Corn) Starch Silica Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil Aluminum Hydroxide Propylparaben BHT Tetradibutyl Pentaerithrityl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate Benzotriazolyl Dodecyl p-Cresol Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil Wheat Germ Glycerides Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil Vanillin

on 12/4/2009 1:29:00 PM

These are great at $5 a pop. I have Rosey and Bronzy Pink. They aren't too slippery (not much slide) but feel rich. The colors are very pretty and wearable. Palladio is a good company overall.

Update: This is still a good product but I'm disappointed that it doesn't wear for longer or that it can get too thick/waxy on the lips if you reapply frequently.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

These were on sale at Sally for $2.99 so I bought red. It is a very pretty color and is very moisturizing. It is not super red so I can wear it during the day, and it is really shiny for a lip balm. I will definitely repurchase!

on 12/9/2009 7:41:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I have this product in Natural Bronze and it is gorgeous. I've been on a mad search for the perfect everyday natural lip look for me, and this is it! Most lipsticks were either too pigmented (or frosty like my favorite Revlon) or not pigmented enough for my naturally pink lips. Many lightly tinted products or lip glosses didn't show up either. This color is very pigmented, though, and creates a nice peachy nude color. I also tried Golden Pink but the gold tones in it were too flashy on my lips. I love Natural Bronze so much, though, that I'll go back and try some other colors. If you've been looking for a nice natural look like I have, try this out!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I love tinted balms. I loved the ones made by Bobbi Brown, as they weren't super shiny or shimmery but deposited a lot of color. Unfortunately, she doesn't seem to be making those anymore. When I saw these at Sally Beauty, I had to give them a try. I paid $2.99 each (maybe they were on sale; someone below mentioned paying $5) for Berry and Golden Pink. They apply smoothly and have a slightly shiny finish. They aren't too thick (like some people complained about BB balms, that I previously mentioned) or too watery. They do feel moisturizing. However, the colors I chose are TERRIBLE. Berry doesn't look at all like the color on the tube (pinkish, cool-toned berry). When you open the tube, it is much more warm-toned with a lot of red...actually, it is almost coral, which is not a good color for me (cool-toned PPP...I wear BB foundations in Alabster). Next I tried Golden Pink. Upon uponing the tube you can tell immediately that it's going to be garish. You can see gold flecks all over the place. I thought it might apply roughly because of this, but is still smooth. That doesn't matter though, because it is completely unwearable. The gold tones are way too flashy and garish. Maybe it'd look good on someone for a party, or going to a club...I don't know. I think it looks tacky, personally.

So, to sum up, the quality of the balm itself is good. The colors I have tried though are awful, so I'd be hesitant to even try any of the others.

I purchased a few of the Palladio Tinted Lip Balms from my local Sally's about a month ago--one in Golden Pink, one in Bronzy Pink and one in Brownie ... These things have got to be the coolest things since sliced bread! I've been using Bobbie Brown's TLB for a while, now--picking it up here and there wherever I can ... It costs me about $18 a tube, so I was psyched to try Palladio's for $3.99 a piece.

Every color I bought was stunning. (If I could swatch them, I would.) I tend to like some shimmer on my lips, so Bronzy Pink and Golden Pink are my personal favorites. They nailed the shade of Bronzy Pink on the outer packaging. Unfortunately, on the Golden Pink, they were unable to capture the gold tint. At first glance I thought I was going to have a kisser full of glitter, but the shimmer is actually super creamy and blends right into the shade. It really is beautiful and was PERFECT for my holiday styles!

To my surprise, I found Palladio's TLB to be more pigmented than Bobbie Brown's. They also wear just as long and are super hydrating. (I reapply lip gloss and lipstick just about everytime I remember I have it in my purse, because as they dry, my lips normally dry along with them ... I found myself backing off with this product.)

All in all, I'm in love with Palladio's TLB and can't wait to try more of their cosmetics, now!

(P.S. I went back to Sally's about a week later to buy a couple more and found them to be on sale for $2.99 ... I ended up buying the other 6 colors. There are 9 total.)

on 12/28/2009 3:19:00 PM

I have this in 2 colors- cotton candy and champagne. This is a really good lip balm. I love the colors (light pink and a nude) and they are very soft on the lips and have a good amount of color. By far my favorite liip balm. :)

on 12/28/2009 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I adore these! I have them in three colors. I was skeptical at first because I have VERY pale skin and I usually cannot wear many lip colors without looking washed out. All three of the colors I got look amazing. I have cotton candy, bronzy pink, and berry. I get so excited about wearing them I don't even know what color to wear because I love them all. They don't stay on all day, but they do stay on for a few hours. They are only like 3 bucks, so they are definitely worth the price. What a find!!!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I NO LONGER NEED LIPSTICK OR LIPGOSS OR ANYTHING ELSE BUT THIS!!! These are AMAZING! Ok so some of the colors look like lipstick on and some of the colors look like MLBB, it depends what color you get. Cotton Candy is more of MLBB, it's a perfect light pink color with a hint of gloss. Berry makes it look like I have lipstick on, it's a darker pink. Golden Pink is a medium pink with golden shimmer. I have Bronzy Pink too, I think I like Bronzy Pink better than Golden Pink, because Golden Pink is not as casual as Bronzy Pink but that's just my opinion, it looks different on everyone so what works for you might not work for me. It's soo hard to choose which one to wear because I love them all.

These do moisturize my lips. With these I no longer need lipstick (I hate lipstick because it doesn't moisturize) It's only $2.99. I wanna try the other colors but I think I got the best ones. Buy it, try it and fall in love with it like I did. I can't think of any cons.

I have just discovered these at my local Ulta. Wow, I am impressed. I prefer lip tints or tinted balms over lipstick and I'm not sure how I could improve on these. So far I have only purchased the Rosey shade and it is very pretty. It has some warmth to it that is represented well on the outer packaging. I will definitely try more shades of this. If you go into the Palladio website, some of the swatches bear no resemblance to what the product actually looks like. I also bought three lip pencils (Natural, Rum, and Plum) and the colors were much darker than the website swatches. They did seem to match the outer pacakaging so I'll bear that in mind when I buy more. I hate that Ulta doesn't have any testers of these. The pencils are going back but the balm is a keeper.

on 3/16/2010 2:42:00 PM

I knew about these thanks to EmilyNoel's youtube videos [Beauty Broadcast] but since we don't have a Sally's in NYC, I was thrilled to see them in my local Duane Reade drugstore for 4 bucks. I picked up Bronzy Pink and couldn't be happier--well, I could if it contained a broad-spectrum SPF, which it doesn't - hence the 4 star rating.
These are so wonderfully smooth I keep smooshing my lips together - there's absolutely nothing gloppy, waxy or sticky about the texture, and thankfully, no discernable scent. Another nice feature is that the cap clicks on tightly and securely, there's no chance it'll come loose and I'll have lip balm smeared all over the inside of my purse. The colour Bronzy Pink is more bronze than pink, I'd say a browner version of MLBB but the shine is subtle, there's no OTT frost or glitter like some people have described in other colours. Overall I'm delighted to toss this in my gym bag and will probably buy more colours.