Stila Petunia Convertible Color

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Stila Petunia Convertible Color
Stila Convertible Color PetuniaStila Convertible Color PetuniaPetunia Convertible ColorPetunia Convertible ColorStila Convertible Color - Petunia

4.4

ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, lanolin oil, beeswax\cera alba\cire d?abeille, microcrystalline wax\cera microcristallina\cire microcristalline, octyldodecanol, phenyl trimethicone, ozokerite, caprylic/capric triglyceride, hydrogenated palm kernel glycerides, ethylhexyl palmitate, isononyl isononanoate, c12-15 alkyl benzoate, tocopheryl acetate, hydrogenated palm glycerides, bht, [ /- mica, titanium dioxide (ci 77891), iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499), bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163), blue 1 lake (ci 42090), carmine (ci 75470), manganese violet (ci 77742), red 7 lake (ci 15850), red 22 lake (ci 45380), red 28 lake (ci 45410), red 30 lake (ci 73360), red 33 lake (ci 17200), red 34 lake (ci 15880), ultramarines (ci 77007), yellow 5 lake (ci 19140), yellow 6 lake (ci 15985)]

on 12/4/2012 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Bought this since I read someone's review saying this brightens up your complexion a lot.... But it doesn't, on me.

It does look really nice on lips. But I have cool yellow-toned skin, and this blush just brings out its yellow-undertone on my cheeks. You have to be fair-skinned to bring up the pinkish tone.

I later bought lillium, which looks muddy in pan, but it's actually a more natural pale pink on cheeks. Unbelievable.

I have had a few of Stila's Convertible Colors (Fuchsia, Lillium and this one), and this one is BY FAR my favorite. It's the perfect shade for my NC20-25 skintone/red hair/green eyes. I tend to prefer cream blushes and blushes without shimmer, and this one hits both of those notes. It's a great color, blendable, sheer but buildable and gives a great dewy (not oily) finish. I also have been putting this on my lips, and on me it appears a bit pinker on my lips than it does on my cheeks, which is fine by me. I absolutely love this product for its ease of use and all of the above reasons.

What I don't love: it tends to get stray brush hairs and such stuck in it. It doesn't bother me too much because I keep my brushes and such clean, but perhaps Stila should consider putting this product in a tube a la the Tarte cheek stains? Also, it is a bit dry as a lip product, but nothing a swipe of lip balm won't fix. Obviously, this product's virtues far outweigh the negatives, so I will repurchase again and again!

on 3/26/2011 6:50:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I have purchased two CC's and I really do like them-

BUT!: They are more than twice the price as Bobbi Brown's Pot Rouge!! Insane. BB product is as good or better. Stila is overpriced for the amount of product you get.

Stila: 0.15 oz for $25 USD (seven shades)

Bobbi Brown: 0.38 oz for $22 USD!!!! (ten shades!!!)

on 7/22/2010 10:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a very pretty cream blush, a super bright pink color. The compact also very pretty with the flowers and matching the color of the convertible color. When applying to my skin I have to be very careful because a little dab with one finger is enough for both of my cheeks since I am so fair. This can make my skin look a little oily throughout the day but this is expected when I use a majority of cream products. On the lips this can be drying at times but a lip balm or gloss can fix that right up. Something interesting is since Stila started to list ingredients on their website I looked at the ingredients in the products. And for convertible colors, BHT is an ingredient; I'm not sure if this influences anyone's opinion but I thought I would just mention that.

I tried the Stila Convertible Color in a different shade in Sephora because they did not carry the Petunia shade I was after. It seemed dry and wouldn't blend on my cheek. I was turned off from the product. I then saw this product in Petunia on a wholesale cosmetic site for about half off so I gave in because the packaging is so pretty as is the color. The color is absolute loveliness and it seems to blend far better than the one at Sephora which was probably dried up from being an open sample. The issue I'm having is with staying power. It doesn't seem to last very long at all on my face or lips. It's so darn pretty though when it is on, a natural, perfectly delicate pink. I'm of a fair to medium olive complexion.

Petunia has become my go to blush for this spring and summer. It gives a nice bright pop of coral/pink to my cheeks and livens up my entire face, which has yellow undertones. I also find that this cream blush is extremely easy to blend (much easier to apply in comparison to the Stila CCs in Lillium and Orchid). The best part is that you need only apply a miniscule amount and your pretty much set for the whole day. I'm not holding my breath that I'll finish my compact of Petunia anytime soon, but will definitely repurchase

on 5/20/2010 12:01:00 PM

LOVE LOVE LOVEEEE this product. The color is amazing and very buildable. It lasts forever for it's really worth the price. you need to use the tiniest bit and you get an amazing flush. The packaging is adorable and the mirror is so useful. LOVE IT

on 2/1/2010 8:16:00 AM

I bought this when I went to Hawaii last summer. Amazing color with a tan. Can be layered for a really intense flush or put on subtly for less impact. Have to say it is one of the best blushes. Petunia and Exibit A are my favorites. Wear them together, lightly, and it becomes a unique color that is so pretty.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is one of my all time favourite blushers. It gives a lovely windswept look on my pale cool pink toned skin and really helps to warm my face. This blusher works really well on the front apple part of your cheeks. I have dropped a lippy because it is just way too drying to use on it's own as a lip colour, you would need to mix with some Vaseline or gloss, which takes the point of an all in one away.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this colour. It is a beautiful fresh pink, great for summer. I can't believe I'm the first to review it since the sales assistants tell me that this is one of their most popular CCs. It's great for on the go, I'm always rushing my makeup on the bus on my way to work, so it's nice and easy for my lips and cheeks and the mirror is great. It's great for touch ups too, when you don't want to carry a lot in your bag. Surprisingly it lasts for quite a while, and I find it actually wears for longer on your cheeks if you use a brush to apply it rather than your fingers. For some reason it tends to change colour slightly on my lips after a while, which is annoying and the reason I only gave it a 4. The colour it changes to is still gorgeous, but more of a fuchsia colour, less peachy. It's amazing for when you want a non made up look. I pair it with simple, neutral eyes for work and it is just beautiful. Would purchase it again.