Stila Petunia Convertible Color

Stila Petunia Convertible Color
Stila Convertible Color PetuniaStila Convertible Color PetuniaPetunia Convertible ColorPetunia Convertible ColorStila Convertible Color - Petunia

4.4

ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, lanolin oil, beeswax\cera alba\cire d?abeille, microcrystalline wax\cera microcristallina\cire microcristalline, octyldodecanol, phenyl trimethicone, ozokerite, caprylic/capric triglyceride, hydrogenated palm kernel glycerides, ethylhexyl palmitate, isononyl isononanoate, c12-15 alkyl benzoate, tocopheryl acetate, hydrogenated palm glycerides, bht, [ /- mica, titanium dioxide (ci 77891), iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499), bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163), blue 1 lake (ci 42090), carmine (ci 75470), manganese violet (ci 77742), red 7 lake (ci 15850), red 22 lake (ci 45380), red 28 lake (ci 45410), red 30 lake (ci 73360), red 33 lake (ci 17200), red 34 lake (ci 15880), ultramarines (ci 77007), yellow 5 lake (ci 19140), yellow 6 lake (ci 15985)]

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Turned really bublegum pink on me and made me look like a clown. Also, the texture was really hard to blend and not to mention broke me out everytime i used it as it clogged my pores. I also found it inhygienic as I had to dip my fingers into the pot. Tried to use it as a lip colour only, but it was too bright pink which didn't flatter me either. Total waste of money. Threw it out!

Okay, I guess I am the ONLY one in the minority here, but I hated this. I suppose it's okay on the cheeks,but on the lips it's awful. This is one of the loudest most shocking pinks I have ever tried. I am a LLL cool toned girl so I don't know if that has anything to do with it. I loved the cute compact though and also the formula, however I don't think it's worth the money.

on 1/19/2016 7:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I really had high hopes for this product and wanted to love it, but alas I do not. The color looks beautiful in the package, but I immediately notices that, once open, it looked like dust particles or something were sticking in the blush ( not good!) and whenever I do try to use it, it feels sticky and heavy and doesn't spread smoothly. I think I will stick to the Becca Beach Tint Soufflé cream blush as it is a far superior product.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I got this free from Sephora.

I want to be fair and say that it is just not the right color for me, too pink, but the texture is not nice either in my opinion. On my cheeks the color is just okay and its too creamy that even applied with a light hand it looks sort of shiny or greasy, definitely not a "glow from within". I have tried it over and under foundation to try to make it work but its just not very blendable.

On my lips it makes me look sickly, and it cakes up and just doesn't look like a lip product. It just looks super weird.

So, wouldn't buy this, even in a different color, and not really sure why I have kept it so long, I think its just because its Stila and so I believe it should be good and therefore I think its ME doing something wrong haha, think in reality its just not so great.

on 11/19/2010 5:54:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I'm not really sold on this, I don't think it is very convertible at all. To me it's really just a blush and doesn't work on the lips because it looks dry, opaque and cakey. It is quite nice on the cheek, a nice coral shade, better for the warmer toned skin, however not too bad on cool toned skin, I can certainly get away with it. It's really very average, I think becca cream blush is better and does work pretty well on the lip too though it's not indicated for the lip and so is BB pot rouge, pot rouge is truly the lip and cheek product and so far the only one I've found that does a perfect job of both cheek and lip. Stila CC texture is simply wrong for lips IMO. Cheap and not always entirely functional packaging too. Maybe the other shades are better, I haven't tried them but I won't be buying this one again.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Although I usually love the Stila Convertible Colors, this one just didn't do it for me. The color is way to pink, and the clasp broke on mine after just a month. I didn't expect this for such an expensive product. Get a different color!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Well, normally i give rave reviews for the CCs by Stila, and while this is a *gorgeous* color in the pan...it gave me major clown-face!
the color is just too bright/garish to look natural.
Granted, I am darker-skinned, so maybe that's why i feel sort of "neon" in this. It's such a pretty pink, but I tend to think that it would only work as a lip color.
It did do a good/decent job as lip color, but the inconvenience of that application (w/ fingers and carrying the compact) is probably not practical for *me* - when i have quite a few lipsticks that would fit the bill.
I feel almost sad with this review, because i do love the packaging and i normally am a big fan of these. I will admit the sticky factor is another deterrent for me, but i try to overlook it b/c i love these CCs so much.

I really felt like a little old lady with her "rouge" in perfect little circles on her cheeks...I definitely blended, but it just looked toooo pink/ruddy on me. And i wish the consistency would stay creamy, but not leave that heavy residue/oily feeling.

so to wrap up:
1) color is too garish IMO - and i have the *lightest* touch (i just barely touch the product and lightly tap into skin, not at all much product...it would take me a lifetime to finish)
2) the texture leaves a little to be desired if you have oilier skin - it's a bit sticky/heavy.
3) this is a good lip color, but nothing that isn't dupeable and more convenient otherwise.
4) kudos/2 lippies for cute packaging and overall quality (doesn't turn rancid, doesn't smell funny, is a lot of product/generous).

Mine is now happily swapped to a fellow MUAer who will hopefully love it.

on 1/25/2016 7:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this 3 times as I loved it so much. The pigment is great, it is nice and creamy (wonderful when you have dry skin), and easy to blend with fingers. I have always had an annoyance with this product and that is it seems to attract tiny pieces of lint, hair , etc... that stick to it in the container which is difficult to remove. It looks sort of gross and unhygienic. This happened each time I bought it and I never had this issue with other cream blushes before. I only rated it a 3 as a result. Otherwise, it would have been a 5. I'm finally annoyed enough that I will looking for another product when this one runs out.

on 9/4/2015 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

No animal testing!
Petunia turns extremely pink on my olive skin. Strange, as it's described as coral peach, and looks coral peach. My skin's fault! Very pigmented, and lasts several hours on cheeks. Camellia works better for my NC 30 olive but reddish skin. I love the formulas of these - the dewiness, the ease of application. It's just a matter of finding the right shade out of the many many options.
On my lips it looks ok, but after 20 minutes it's completely gone...without eating or drinking.

on 12/4/2012 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Bought this since I read someone's review saying this brightens up your complexion a lot.... But it doesn't, on me.

It does look really nice on lips. But I have cool yellow-toned skin, and this blush just brings out its yellow-undertone on my cheeks. You have to be fair-skinned to bring up the pinkish tone.

I later bought lillium, which looks muddy in pan, but it's actually a more natural pale pink on cheeks. Unbelievable.

Popular Blush Products