Stila Petunia Convertible Color

Stila Petunia Convertible Color
Stila Convertible Color PetuniaStila Convertible Color PetuniaPetunia Convertible ColorPetunia Convertible ColorStila Convertible Color - Petunia

4.4

ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, lanolin oil, beeswax\cera alba\cire d?abeille, microcrystalline wax\cera microcristallina\cire microcristalline, octyldodecanol, phenyl trimethicone, ozokerite, caprylic/capric triglyceride, hydrogenated palm kernel glycerides, ethylhexyl palmitate, isononyl isononanoate, c12-15 alkyl benzoate, tocopheryl acetate, hydrogenated palm glycerides, bht, [ /- mica, titanium dioxide (ci 77891), iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499), bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163), blue 1 lake (ci 42090), carmine (ci 75470), manganese violet (ci 77742), red 7 lake (ci 15850), red 22 lake (ci 45380), red 28 lake (ci 45410), red 30 lake (ci 73360), red 33 lake (ci 17200), red 34 lake (ci 15880), ultramarines (ci 77007), yellow 5 lake (ci 19140), yellow 6 lake (ci 15985)]

on 3/26/2011 6:50:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I have purchased two CC's and I really do like them-

BUT!: They are more than twice the price as Bobbi Brown's Pot Rouge!! Insane. BB product is as good or better. Stila is overpriced for the amount of product you get.

Stila: 0.15 oz for $25 USD (seven shades)

Bobbi Brown: 0.38 oz for $22 USD!!!! (ten shades!!!)

on 3/19/2015 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I recently invested in a sheer foundation and a tinted moisturiser as I was fed up with the flat, matte look with the products I was previously using. I'm 48 and felt they were making me look old! Enter this product, bought because I didn't want to use powder blush over my new glowy skin.
This is lovely - gives a sheer pink highlight to my cheeks and a youthful look. I am MAC NW15 and have a very strong pink undertone to my skin. I was worried that it might be too pink for me but it looks really good.
Nice compact with a mirror and easy to put in your bag. I have also used it on my lips and found it great for that too, a lovely pink finish and not drying at all.
Recommended.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Well, normally i give rave reviews for the CCs by Stila, and while this is a *gorgeous* color in the pan...it gave me major clown-face!
the color is just too bright/garish to look natural.
Granted, I am darker-skinned, so maybe that's why i feel sort of "neon" in this. It's such a pretty pink, but I tend to think that it would only work as a lip color.
It did do a good/decent job as lip color, but the inconvenience of that application (w/ fingers and carrying the compact) is probably not practical for *me* - when i have quite a few lipsticks that would fit the bill.
I feel almost sad with this review, because i do love the packaging and i normally am a big fan of these. I will admit the sticky factor is another deterrent for me, but i try to overlook it b/c i love these CCs so much.

I really felt like a little old lady with her "rouge" in perfect little circles on her cheeks...I definitely blended, but it just looked toooo pink/ruddy on me. And i wish the consistency would stay creamy, but not leave that heavy residue/oily feeling.

so to wrap up:
1) color is too garish IMO - and i have the *lightest* touch (i just barely touch the product and lightly tap into skin, not at all much product...it would take me a lifetime to finish)
2) the texture leaves a little to be desired if you have oilier skin - it's a bit sticky/heavy.
3) this is a good lip color, but nothing that isn't dupeable and more convenient otherwise.
4) kudos/2 lippies for cute packaging and overall quality (doesn't turn rancid, doesn't smell funny, is a lot of product/generous).

Mine is now happily swapped to a fellow MUAer who will hopefully love it.

on 9/9/2005 6:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

this is what i had hoped gladiola would be...a wearable peach-y pink for my cool coloring. this is perfect, a bright pop of color that makes your skin look amazing. clear, bright completely blendable. looks great with dark hair and blue eyes, very doll like. i love this one.
continued >>

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I love cream blushes and Stila's CC's are the best I've yet tried....and I probably won't venture much further since I'm perfectly satisfied with them. Petunia is a GORGEOUS cool toned bright pink. Wonderful pop of color on my fair skin....but don't be alarmed if you don't like bright blush, sparingly applied it can look very natural as well. I find this color works well with a variety of looks and can just as easily be paired with a warm lip and eye as a cool one, despite it's decidely cool tones. Very versitale. Wonderful blendable formula, just melts into your skin, no shimmer, but delivers a glowing effect without. It's also the only CC I've tried that works beautifully as a lilpcolor, as well.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Pros:
Can be patted onto skin effortlessly blends with fingers
Looks good on bare skin
Long lasting
Los good with tinted moisturizer or foundation
Is a healthy bright coral pink colour without being too clowns
It doesn't have any shimmer
Packaging is small and colour of compact reflects the colour of the blush...super handy for fast finding in makeup bag

Cons:
If you use your fingers just remember to use anti bacterial cleanser before so you don't contaminate the blush.
Application if often too heavy with a brush.

on 12/4/2012 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Bought this since I read someone's review saying this brightens up your complexion a lot.... But it doesn't, on me.

It does look really nice on lips. But I have cool yellow-toned skin, and this blush just brings out its yellow-undertone on my cheeks. You have to be fair-skinned to bring up the pinkish tone.

I later bought lillium, which looks muddy in pan, but it's actually a more natural pale pink on cheeks. Unbelievable.

on 1/8/2012 7:00:00 PM

this product looks very ashy on the lips; also if you are not careful gunk (dirt/hair etc) can get on the cream - which is gross. but this blush looks phenomenal on olive skin tones (esp with some tinted moisturizer, blue liner & mascara and a pink gloss)

on 7/22/2010 10:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a very pretty cream blush, a super bright pink color. The compact also very pretty with the flowers and matching the color of the convertible color. When applying to my skin I have to be very careful because a little dab with one finger is enough for both of my cheeks since I am so fair. This can make my skin look a little oily throughout the day but this is expected when I use a majority of cream products. On the lips this can be drying at times but a lip balm or gloss can fix that right up. Something interesting is since Stila started to list ingredients on their website I looked at the ingredients in the products. And for convertible colors, BHT is an ingredient; I'm not sure if this influences anyone's opinion but I thought I would just mention that.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Although I have had this blush for a while now, I only really began to love it this summer. Summer was all pinks and corals and this shade of Petunia was perfect. It really perks up a neutral eye.
I dab it on the top of the cheekbone and blend with fingers. Start small and build up, the color is bright. The formula is solid enough not to melt in the summer heat.