Chanel Chance

Chanel Chance
Chance

1.0

Eyes: Violet

This is a HORRIBLE fragrance that announces its presence on anyone who wears it, and is absolutely unavoidable.

It's an odd musky, sweet smell - like rotting meat covered by jasmine and patchouli... and it lingers and lingers. And that's the kindest way I can describe it. A dead, rotting animal covered by something really sickeningly sweet to cover the stench is more accurate. Granted, I have an aversion to patchouli in the first place (as well as to more than just a hint of jasmine), but I am far from the only one.

I've never seen a fragrance cause this much offense since Giorgio in the 80's. I'm just thankful it's not as omnipresent as it was when it first came out.

I hate to be so negative, but the smell of this literally makes me sick. Please stop wearing it. The rest of us can't breathe. (kidding... but not by much)

Eyes: Violet

The other day a coworker wore a tie to the office that was bright purple and mustard yellow stripes, with glow-in-the-dark green flowers and pink fleur de lis. Just about everyone told him "Nice tie, Bob!," "Stylin!," and things of that nature. Bob's a good sport and laughed along with everyone else, but I wonder if he told his wife he got tons of compliments on his tie?

My Aunt Gen used to wear so much Tabu fragrance, you could always tell when she'd been over hours after she'd left. Little kids and adults alike used to ask her all the time, "What perfume are you wearing?" (That's why I know for sure what perfume it was, even though she died before I was 10.) She loved "her Tabu," and we loved her, even though we'd smell just like her until bathtime every time we gave her a hug.

I never had more comments on my hair than I did one summer break between freshman and sophomore year in college, when it was absolutely butchered. I was working a temp summer job, and TONS of attorneys I work with said kindly, "Hey -- did you get your hair cut? It looks nice!" Because I was a good kid, they wanted me to feel good about my "interesting choice."

These are just three absolutely true examples... I could bring up hundreds more. If you love the smell of your Chance, good for you. I make no apologies for my love of the smell of fresh paint. Makes me think of renovating houses and new beginnings. But I do recognize it gives a LOT of people a headache.

Do YOU know how to tell the difference between a compliment and an "I'm DYING here, but there's no polite way to tell you!"? I promise you. Promise you. That if you're wearing Chance, there are many, many people who can't breathe around you. Do you care?

Sigh. I've commented on this topic before. I just have to suffer through the Chance trend just like I suffered through the Giorgio trend when I was a young lil' thing in the 80's. God I miss the 90's. But at least Chance is already passe in urban areas. This summer isn't nearly as hard to get through as last.

Eyes: Violet

ACK!!!!!!! I actually found a perfume as bad as Giorgio!!!!!! Opened the fragrance magazine sample and swiped it on my skin just on the "Chanel" alone, thinking I'd like to find out what the new Chanel smelled like. It smells like DEATH!!!!! Seriously... it has undertones of dead animal in it... dead animal covered up with patchouli incense. THIS is the awful perfume my roommate's otherwise very wonderful girlfriend wears that makes me know she's in the house an entire story and three closed doors away. I'm praying she'll wake up from the "my, this is different" reaction to this perfume and move on to "oh, there's a reason it's different" on her own.

Somebody needs to bury that animal.

Popular Fragrances