Chanel Chance

Chanel Chance
Chance

3.8

on 8/5/2016 8:52:00 PM

This is a nice scent. Think CoCo Mademoiselle with the balls removed. I do like the lightness, but it isn't unique enough for me to seek it out. It is much lighter than CM, but the edp is still pretty strong. I wouldn't apply more than a single spritz.

Smells beyond amazing and I am continually thrilled every time I apply this.

I have been using this scent for years, and it never gets old. Classic, spicy and just plain amazing.

I love this smell! Its a delicate soothing smell that will turn heads everywhere you go.

OMG this is IT for me! I've purchased this multiple times. Every time I wear it I always feel... special. Like this is the perfume for me. My fiancé has never smelled this on me but luckily I have a fresh bottle for our wedding day. Can't wait to wear beloved Chance on our special day!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Chanel Chance is strong and dark, a perfume of perfumes, but for a youthful demographic not yet prepared to plunge into the full figured offerings that we call No 5, Coco Mademoiselle, Bois des Isles, or Coromandel. This is an effortless Chanel, a transitional Chanel. Sweet, candid, agreeable until it possibly turns into prickly wood shavings and powder, a mix of aromas that makes me wonder what I just applied to my skin. Going from the peppery fruit salad of lemon and pineapple to the saw dust with acidic overtones of the vetiver and patch strikes me as a decidedly unpleasant dissociative journey. However, this sharp, dry end stage does not always appear. I can and do often enjoy a bland sophistication, though it is not distinguished enough for me to escape conventionality. In a word, Chance bores one; Chanel has bottled tedium in an even more unappetizing round vessle. Do not bother sampling unless you find no better choice. Plus, the poor EDP longevity with the price does not do the scent any favors. My review must finish here. There is nothing left to say. Notes: Pink pepper, citron, pineapple, hyacinth, jasmine, iris, patchouli, vetiver, white musk, vanilla.

on 11/1/2014 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I love Chance! Some say they prefer it for warm weather but I love this during the cooler months - especially paired with a gourmand lotion. I think I prefer the EDP to the EDT - the EDT doesn't smell as crisp, but does smell just as clean! The bottle is so simple but glamorous, and I would most definitely repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I like this perfume, gorgeous warm scent, slightly floral, slightly woody. perfect. Also long lasting, much more so than madamoiselle

on 1/30/2014 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Dear G-d this is ghastly. As a longtime wearer of many Chanel fragrances (No. 5 Elixir Sensual being my favorite.) this has to be the most egregiously offensive odor this house of style has emitted. Why oh why Chanel did you have to stoop down to cater to the lowest common denominator to market your name to youth audiences? That IS the purpose of this scent, right?
That said, this is a combination of too many odors :floral, metallic, masculine, spicy, green. And the outcome: awful. I have smelled better hand soap from public bathroom dispensers.
Dry down on me smells similar to a mans peppery deoderant...that didn't work all that well.
That said, I'm certain this concoction of foul sells wildly, but not to the loyal, elegant hardcore Chanel customer that made and dare I say will be the reason your brand continues.
Please, make this a limited edition. I'm tired of smelling this on the obnoxious grocery bagging girl at my local Stop and Shop who is in year 2 of failing to acquire her GED.

This smells like House of Chanel, poured some of each of their existing perfumes into one bottle. Very strange, boring scent. I'm not sure how the name fits with the scent, maybe it means that there is a Chance, that someone will like it, but most wont. Other than that, it's expensive and the bottle is boring.

Popular Fragrances