Chanel Chance

Chanel Chance
Chance

3.9

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I am a huge fan of Chanel fragrances that work so well with my body chemistry. I could not live without my old times favourite Allure closely followed by Coco Noir, Coco Mademoiselle and No.5. I was quite keen to try this latest addition to the classy and sophisticated Chanel fragrance collection and I actually purchased it slightly on a whim. What can I say? This is very generic, so similar to many others of this type, full of peppery and fruit notes, way too airy fragrance, that I can only presume is supposed to cater for a much younger clientele. Not my thing at all and in all truth and honesty I would never purchase this if it wasn't Chanel which in itself is not a reason good enough to use it. I could not even finish my bottle. Gave it to my mum who is not very loyal to any fragrance in particular and this is definitely more within her genre than mine. Overall not a very bad fragrance but definitely nothing special!
UPDATE: I actually like this fragrance. Still think it's not unique enough but it just smells of happiness if it makes sense. Not for me personally but I like to smell it on others.

on 10/2/2015 2:20:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

love this parfum ..

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

One of my favorite bottles of Perfum , it smells beautiful all day . It's the kind you forget you have it on and someone can still smell it on you . Love it . ❤️

on 5/17/2015 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

It's hard to review a scent, because it's such a personal thing. However, this is a great scent, and I wore it all through college. I've since moved on to a less commonplace perfume that I find a little more "me," but this stuff is a crowd pleaser and I got compliments whenever I wore it. It's a very fresh smell but still complicated enough that you smell more interesting than clean laundry or a spring rain. I love the minimalistic bottle, and although Chance is expensive, it lasts a long time. You can't go wrong with this perfume.

on 2/24/2015 1:12:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I was given a bottle of Chance by my cousin on a snowy day in Boston at the Oyster bar when she was visiting and it will always be associated with that day for me. I had never owned a Chanel perfume before and was excited and intrigued. When I first sprayed it on, I thought it was way too domineering for me, but as I tried it again and again I realized there was something magnetic about it that kept me coming back. It is my cold-weather perfume, and when I want to feel sophisticated and professional, this is what I spray on. I love the crisp notes of pepper and spice biting into the cold winter air, and the warmth of the patchouli base. It is an oriental fragrance, exotic and yet tasteful. Years later, I have finished about a third of the bottle, which is remarkable for me. I now own a bottle of No. 5, but I find Chance easier to wear on a more casual day. I always think of Chance as my trench coat perfume - chic and put together with good tailoring. The scent lasts quite a few hours although a spritz doesn't last all day on me. If I ever finish the bottle my cousin gave me, which has followed me to three different continents now, I will probably buy myself a second bottle.

PS. One minor quibble: The metal band around my glass bottle has started to tarnish, which I was rather sad about. I expected better packaging from Chanel given how pricey the perfume is.

Okay so I got this as a gift from my aunt this year, and I'm a real fan of anything expensive (I need to stop) and getting my hands on a Chanel perfume was a dream come true for me.
This has a really sweet powdery smell; like how you would expect a ballerina in a pink tutu to smell like, it's really nice during daytime if you're feeling really cutesy or you're rocking your new summer dress. But I wouldn't wear it on a party or a really bold night out.
The bottle was really pretty and elegant; and I don't know why but after about three weeks it was really hard to spray it on, the thing kept getting stuck! I had to spray it away from me for a couple of times before I could get hold of a proper puff of Fragrance out of that.
I wear this mostly if I'm wearing a light dress out, and I noticed so many kids love it (I volunteer at an orphanage) they kept saying things like "you smell like a princess" or "you smell so pretty"
It doesn't last THAT long though; a couple of hours maybe, I bet this is marketed at teens because this stuff is really catchy. You wouldn't want to make this your signature scent or to be known wearing this, it's not that notable. But if you're looking for a nice day out for a couple of hours this can make you feel really happy and pumped up, like a little girl.
I didn't get any comments from older people though; my mom once told me I smelled good, and my classmates commented on how nice I smelled :)
Bottom line, this is a pretty good spring/summer day out perfume, all in good fun and nothing too bold or head turning if that's what you're looking for.

on 11/1/2014 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I love Chance! Some say they prefer it for warm weather but I love this during the cooler months - especially paired with a gourmand lotion. I think I prefer the EDP to the EDT - the EDT doesn't smell as crisp, but does smell just as clean! The bottle is so simple but glamorous, and I would most definitely repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is a great fragrance. It smells heavenly, to me. It's kind of expensive but a little goes a long way so it should last you a really long time. They say it is for younger perfume users but I think it is great for every woman who wants to smell beautiful and youthful.

on 5/28/2013 5:24:00 PM

It stays on you and smells so fresh!The bottle is very easy to keep in the purse.Flat,round,smooth.Must try,especially if most perfumes give you a headache!

on 3/22/2013 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

My HG perfume, classic scent, love it!

Always have a bottle of this at home.

Popular Fragrances