Chanel Chance

Chanel Chance
Chance

3.6

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

One of my favorite Chanel frags so far. CM was a just little too masculine for my taste. I prefer this one that is fruity and sparkly. Just love the pineapple in the beginning. Great for spring.

on 5/17/2015 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

It's hard to review a scent, because it's such a personal thing. However, this is a great scent, and I wore it all through college. I've since moved on to a less commonplace perfume that I find a little more "me," but this stuff is a crowd pleaser and I got compliments whenever I wore it. It's a very fresh smell but still complicated enough that you smell more interesting than clean laundry or a spring rain. I love the minimalistic bottle, and although Chance is expensive, it lasts a long time. You can't go wrong with this perfume.

on 11/6/2012 2:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Make me dizzy and gave me a terrible headache. Even started wheezing a bit.

Even if it didn't make me sick I think it smells terrible. I got it in a sample and wish I hadn't put it on at all. Yuck.

on 11/5/2012 9:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Chance was my first Chanel perfume. Definitely the youngest of them all. I have been using the edt 4 years now (I got my second 50ml bottle a few months ago) which is less sweet and more light and citrusy than the edp.

Chance is a fragrance for a young lady. This girl is done with teeny-boper scents but hasn't reached the sophistication level that Coco requires. Feels energizing, more playful than seductive but in a classy way. I mostly use it for nights out but it can also add a touch of glamour in your day.

The top motes of lemon, pineapple and pink pepper feel almost festive. The flowery heart with hyacinth and jasmine remains light and pleasing and the drydown when patchouli dominates is the most sensual part. I love this transformation, keeps my nose interested and fascinates me every time. And it has very good lasting power.

Although it has a young feeling I think every woman can wear it when she feels like a naughty girl inside ;)

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I first got a sample of this perfume when I bought Chanel foundation at Galleries Lafayette. I instantly fell in love with it! It's a very good smell and is quite light (after you are wearing it for a bit), but it is expensive!

on 4/30/2012 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

Honestly, when I got this in a swap I was thinking this perfume was going to be STRONG considering it was Chanel. I was wrong. It's a little confusing how this perfume works, it started out strong as expected. However, the heart of the perfume comes fairly fast (maybe 30 mins - 1 hour) it smells soft to my nose, but the perfume itself is pretty dominate, dominate enough even after one spritz. I read somewhere that the top notes were pink pepper, lemon and pineapple... but in my opinion the pineapple never leaves the heart of the perfume, that's partly why I'm very attracted to Chance. I admit that I'm not a great admirer of patchouli, but it compliments Chance.

The circular bottle is very classy.

If you were sitting next to me, or standing in front of me you could definitely smell it... to me it's soft on the nose depending on who wears it. This is not a signature scent of mine, but it is a beautiful fragrance and though I could see most girls wearing this casually, I prefer to where this occasionally... it's that special.

on 12/20/2011 10:17:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I look much younger than I am, and aside from still being constantly carded, when I go Chanel shopping unfamiliar SAs continue to foist Chance upon me when I mention liking Chanel perfumes. Chance is about as far from classic, chic Chanel perfumes as one could get, which I suppose was the point and for me is a turnoff. It starts off with a strong blast of citrus and pepper akin to Coco Mademoiselle, and dries down to a generic sweet woodsy-vanilla-patch confection...like Coco Mademoiselle. It indeed smells young, but not in the positive sense IMO. I may have no love for Mademoiselle, but it's much better blended than Chance and I can't imagine why someone would buy Chance when they can opt for her much more sophisticated sister for just a few dollars more. Isn't sophistication the allure of Chanel? I suppose Chance is fine for one with -teen after their age, but I can't imagine this vanilla-citrus water as appropriate on anyone beyond that.

on 11/8/2011 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

i LOVE the pink one its the best chanel fragrance ive ever smelled<3 all the other ones are way too over powering and strong for me

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

Scent:
I'm not sure what made me spray this whilst in Boots earlier today; I'm not usually a fan of Chanel perfumes, as being 18, they're too strong on me and probably not aimed at people my age anyway. At first, I thought it smelt of men's aftershave, but after half an hour, the smell changed into something slightly sweeter but not overpowering (I'm rubbish at describing perfume sorry) and slightly musky smelling. I was surprised that the scent still lingered 8 hours later after having showered too.
Packaging:
The bottle itself is simple but pretty and stylish. I can imagine it looking good on any dressing table and the shape of the bottle feels comfortable when in my hand. I think however I prefer the slightly longer, rectangular shaped bottles of Coco by Chanel though.
Price:
The price is expensive, of course (85 for 50ml) which is I guess, expected for Chanel. The lasting power of this fragrance is good, so I don't think it's hugely overpriced, however the scent of the perfume is not as distinct as some other high end perfumes I have smelt before, so for that reason, I don't think the price is totally justifiable.

on 10/26/2010 8:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I got this as a present and was my first really nice brand-named perfume. I just love the smell. I never get sick of it and its not overwhelming like some other perfumes can be.

Popular Fragrances