Chanel Chance

Chanel Chance
Chance

3.8

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I used to use no. 5 but I decided that smelled like an old lady ;P Like others have said, I too get compliments when I wear this fragrance. I have the eau de parfum - & I think it's the perfect strength. It's just such a pleasant, girly-feminine scent <3

on 1/28/2017 7:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I prefer Coco - maybe because I am older? The Eau Tendre version is OK. Regular Chance? Not my thing.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

One of my all time favourites. I always get compliments wearing it. If it's not yet classed as one, it will be a future classic!

on 1/6/2017 2:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

My favorite fragrance ever. My signature scent matching my chemistry. Usually, most fragrances don't last on my dry and fair skin or don't have a prominent sillage on me. I always get compliments about how amazing and charming I smell (both from men and women)...

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

One of my favorite bottles of Perfum , it smells beautiful all day . It's the kind you forget you have it on and someone can still smell it on you . Love it . ❤️

on 2/24/2015 1:12:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I was given a bottle of Chance by my cousin on a snowy day in Boston at the Oyster bar when she was visiting and it will always be associated with that day for me. I had never owned a Chanel perfume before and was excited and intrigued. When I first sprayed it on, I thought it was way too domineering for me, but as I tried it again and again I realized there was something magnetic about it that kept me coming back. It is my cold-weather perfume, and when I want to feel sophisticated and professional, this is what I spray on. I love the crisp notes of pepper and spice biting into the cold winter air, and the warmth of the patchouli base. It is an oriental fragrance, exotic and yet tasteful. Years later, I have finished about a third of the bottle, which is remarkable for me. I now own a bottle of No. 5, but I find Chance easier to wear on a more casual day. I always think of Chance as my trench coat perfume - chic and put together with good tailoring. The scent lasts quite a few hours although a spritz doesn't last all day on me. If I ever finish the bottle my cousin gave me, which has followed me to three different continents now, I will probably buy myself a second bottle.

PS. One minor quibble: The metal band around my glass bottle has started to tarnish, which I was rather sad about. I expected better packaging from Chanel given how pricey the perfume is.

It's a very pretty scent, very feminine, but it has some powdery undertones which I don't particularly care for over scents that don't. The first time I smelled this I bought a bottle but it's rarely used.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Chanel Chance is strong and dark, a perfume of perfumes, but for a youthful demographic not yet prepared to plunge into the full figured offerings that we call No 5, Coco Mademoiselle, Bois des Isles, or Coromandel. This is an effortless Chanel, a transitional Chanel. Sweet, candid, agreeable until it possibly turns into prickly wood shavings and powder, a mix of aromas that makes me wonder what I just applied to my skin. Going from the peppery fruit salad of lemon and pineapple to the saw dust with acidic overtones of the vetiver and patch strikes me as a decidedly unpleasant dissociative journey. However, this sharp, dry end stage does not always appear. I can and do often enjoy a bland sophistication, though it is not distinguished enough for me to escape conventionality. In a word, Chance bores one; Chanel has bottled tedium in an even more unappetizing round vessle. Do not bother sampling unless you find no better choice. Plus, the poor EDP longevity with the price does not do the scent any favors. My review must finish here. There is nothing left to say. Notes: Pink pepper, citron, pineapple, hyacinth, jasmine, iris, patchouli, vetiver, white musk, vanilla.

Chance, oh how I love thee. I was 19 years old when I found you, you were my first ever Chanel experience, yet you remain one of my absolute favorites. You're not nearly as heavy as No. 5, yet you're far more zesty than Coco Mademoiselle.

Now that I'm 30, I find that I've just now come to realize how much I appreciate you and all your spicy characteristics. Your pepper alone makes me feel fiery and alive. You have a slight oriental vibe that could, early on, be mistaken as masculine, but that soon softens into pure sophistication.

You're mature and elegant, and you make me feel the same. One spritz in my hair and you last for 48 hours. I can still smell you on my pillow. I don't care if anyone around me has an aversion to you, not that I've *ever* experienced that - quite the opposite. Men adore you and women are jealous of you. You will forever be a staple in my perfume collection.

on 1/30/2014 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Dear G-d this is ghastly. As a longtime wearer of many Chanel fragrances (No. 5 Elixir Sensual being my favorite.) this has to be the most egregiously offensive odor this house of style has emitted. Why oh why Chanel did you have to stoop down to cater to the lowest common denominator to market your name to youth audiences? That IS the purpose of this scent, right?
That said, this is a combination of too many odors :floral, metallic, masculine, spicy, green. And the outcome: awful. I have smelled better hand soap from public bathroom dispensers.
Dry down on me smells similar to a mans peppery deoderant...that didn't work all that well.
That said, I'm certain this concoction of foul sells wildly, but not to the loyal, elegant hardcore Chanel customer that made and dare I say will be the reason your brand continues.
Please, make this a limited edition. I'm tired of smelling this on the obnoxious grocery bagging girl at my local Stop and Shop who is in year 2 of failing to acquire her GED.

Popular Fragrances