Chanel Chance

Chance

3.9

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I get so many compliments on this scent. It's light without being too girly. Oddly enough, this scent reminds me of a first date: playful, sweet and a little sexy.

I have been using this scent for years, and it never gets old. Classic, spicy and just plain amazing.

on 5/19/2015 3:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I've gone back and forth with Chance since it was introduced. I've recently revisited Chance and am pleasantly surprised to find it much more wearable than in the past. Lots of pink pepper on top that remains through the entire drydown, pineapple fruity, a vanilla bakery note, and a heavy dose of light musk. I don't get as much patchouli from the current version than originally. Very effervescent. Long lasting in any concentration. I get more of the vanilla bakery note in the EDP, and more of a fresh laundry vibe from the EDT. I prefer the Chance satin body cream best of all. Chance is youthful, but fun for all ages. If you like Pink Sugar and Chanel #5 Eau Premiere, give Chance a chance to delight you.

on 12/28/2014 2:36:00 PM

Sweet young and floral. Too floral for my preference.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I like this perfume, gorgeous warm scent, slightly floral, slightly woody. perfect. Also long lasting, much more so than madamoiselle

on 12/31/2013 3:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So sad to say but I love this product!!!! But the problem is that it hurts my wallet. It is pricey for me... I love the scent tho!!! The pink one is my fave although the green one is not bad at all....I love both of them, not the yellow/gold one... Both are floral and fresh and some sweet notes which I don't mind.... I hate dry scents becaus

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I like my Chanel's. I do. As the years have progressed, each have held their place on my vanity, and at times, I've changed in my opinion of them. But this one has surprised me. Very much surprised me.
I'm surprised I didn't sneeze. Pepper. And more pepper. Throughout it's entire run. I know I'm not the only one that experienced this reaction. The first time, I thought, perhaps it's me, or the weather, or my chemicals, or whatever can change a scent on a person. But no, that's all I would ever smell. Each time I experienced Chance. Heavy pepper.
I like pepper in a perfume. As long as there are other notes that blend surreptitiously into the blend. But for me, apparently there is no chance of adding additional variety to this brew. It's a one spice dish that didn't work for me. On the up side, it did last for a good four hours or so.
Top Notes: Iris, Patchouli, Pineapple, Pink Pepper, Hiacynth.
Middle Notes: Jasmine, Lemon.
Base Notes: Musk, Patchouli, Vanilla, Vetiver.

on 9/20/2013 1:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

My review is for Chance EDT, and I must agree with reviewer below when she says, "overwhelmingly spicy and peppery with a sharp citrus edge".

EDIT 5/2/15: See the end -- I just bought EDP version today, and it's much better -- smoother.

Back to my review of the EDT:

A little too peppery for me (pink pepper + patchouli) -- and it gets on my nerves a bit. I wish that aspect would fade away -- but it never really does, and I'm always aware of it. It smells prickly, like cayenne or paprika -- doesn't completely blend with the rest of the otherwise beautiful scent -- which is kind of annoying. I wish I could completely love Chance, and I keep trying (also Coco Mademoiselle, which is so similar).

Notes, per Parfumo.net:
Top Notes: Pineapple, Hyacinth, Iris, Pink pepper
Heart Notes: Jasmine, Citruses
Base Notes: Musk, Patchouli, Vanilla, Vetiver

Notes, per Fragrantica: "There are pink pepper, lemon and pineapple in the top notes. The heart encompasses hyacinth, jasmine and iris, while the base is composed of amber, patchouli, vetiver and white musk."

I've had a small 1oz Chance EDT spray for a long time, and I've only used about 1/2 of it. I thought I'd give it a try again two days ago -- ugh, so sharp, spicy, thin, and *strong* -- even for an EDT. When it dries down, it gets more cohesive and blended, but there's still that pepper note that stays harsh and protrudes from the overall fragrance.

Many years ago, I came near a wonderful-smelling lady in the produce section of the grocery store -- and began trying to guess what her perfume was. I could tell it was a complex mixture -- with fruit & vanilla -- and I thought it might be Burberry Brit -- so I complimented & asked her perfume, and she said it was Chance. I liked it much better on her than I ever have on myself.

I have seen in long-ago articles that Anne Hathaway's perfume was Chance -- also Rita Ora, she said she loved it. But that was before they fronted other perfumes.

ADDENDUM 5/1/15: According to the May 11, 2015 Us Magazine, page 4, "What's In My Bag", the spilled contents of Nastia Liukin's bag includes a bottle of Chanel Chance, and in the photo it's EDT (has clear lid). Nastia, age 25, is a retired Olympic Gold gymnast & current competitor on Spring 2015's "Dancing With The Stars" (pro partner is Derek Hough).

ADDENDUM 5/2/15: I just bought the EDP today at Ulta and the EDP (solid mirrored lid) is much smoother. Still spicy but richer, smoother, and the notes come together better. Worth it to spend the extra money for EDP, in my humble opinion.

For EDT version I'd give 3 lippies -- but for EDP I'd give 4 lippies.

on 8/20/2013 1:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I've smelled this perfume a few times, it smells so gorgeous and fresh!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I LOVE Chance!
Ok now that I've said that
This scent has been my favorite and will continue to be, it comes of strong but then it morphs into the most delicate and oh so sexy daring wild beast. Maybe that's an over exaggeration but it does turn into a woody, musky, sweet and barely a floral scent. It's a sensual spicy composition
Patchouli and pink pepper are the main stars in this scent and they are definitely my favorite

Puts me in a great mood!
Lasting power is incredible even for the EDT, which is the one I have
Guys go kinda crazy, they always compliment :)

Popular Fragrances