Chanel Chance

Chanel Chance
Chance

3.6

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Packaging is super cute. Super expensive. However, I was so disappointed by this. It smelled gorgeous in the bottle but when I sprayed it on me, it didn't settle well. It smelled very sour and disgusting. All I could think of was that this smelled like acid. I really wanted this to work for me but it didn't. :(

on 1/30/2014 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Dear G-d this is ghastly. As a longtime wearer of many Chanel fragrances (No. 5 Elixir Sensual being my favorite.) this has to be the most egregiously offensive odor this house of style has emitted. Why oh why Chanel did you have to stoop down to cater to the lowest common denominator to market your name to youth audiences? That IS the purpose of this scent, right?
That said, this is a combination of too many odors :floral, metallic, masculine, spicy, green. And the outcome: awful. I have smelled better hand soap from public bathroom dispensers.
Dry down on me smells similar to a mans peppery deoderant...that didn't work all that well.
That said, I'm certain this concoction of foul sells wildly, but not to the loyal, elegant hardcore Chanel customer that made and dare I say will be the reason your brand continues.
Please, make this a limited edition. I'm tired of smelling this on the obnoxious grocery bagging girl at my local Stop and Shop who is in year 2 of failing to acquire her GED.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

My absolute favorite scent of all time. I own the EDT and I tend to wear this only at night, but when I wear it during the day (winter), two sprays last all day for me.

Also.. my boyfriend loves it as well!

People always say that Chance just 'smells like me.' Definitely my signature scent.

My only complaint is that the metal on the top of the bottle broke and got stuck in the cap. It sometimes leaks, but since it's miniscule I don't mind that much. I just think it should be better quality considering how much this costs.

on 9/15/2013 4:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely adore this scent, it's so, just..... PRETTY! However, for some reason it doesn't last long at all. 2-3 hours and I can't smell it anymore (I wear the EDP by the way) :(

on 11/5/2012 9:17:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Chance was my first Chanel perfume. Definitely the youngest of them all. I have been using the edt 4 years now (I got my second 50ml bottle a few months ago) which is less sweet and more light and citrusy than the edp.

Chance is a fragrance for a young lady. This girl is done with teeny-boper scents but hasn't reached the sophistication level that Coco requires. Feels energizing, more playful than seductive but in a classy way. I mostly use it for nights out but it can also add a touch of glamour in your day.

The top motes of lemon, pineapple and pink pepper feel almost festive. The flowery heart with hyacinth and jasmine remains light and pleasing and the drydown when patchouli dominates is the most sensual part. I love this transformation, keeps my nose interested and fascinates me every time. And it has very good lasting power.

Although it has a young feeling I think every woman can wear it when she feels like a naughty girl inside ;)

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I hated this when it was first given to me. Initially it smelled like another knock-off green-fruity-fresh with musk that every other company was pushing. I prefer muskier, vanilla based perfumes just based on my chemistry alone,anything else wears too astringent-y. I kept wearing this just to have something to smell and over time have fallen in love. It's weird, the 1st two hours of this fragrance are unbearable, sharp, aggressive and almost embarrassing, but then it settles into something warm, powdery, with a crispness that prevents the powder from lodging into your throat. I've fallen in love over time.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Too expensive for what it is. Lots of girls use this, but it makes me gag. Too..I dunno..blah. Smells like something I'd find at Wal-Mart on clearance.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This was the perfume that launched my scent obsession. I got my first bottle quite a while back, when it first came out, and I actually used the entire thing over the course of one school year. Looking back, I probably wore a little too much, but we live and learn! I'm still very fond of it, and I have the EDP in my collection. I wear it more often than not!

Between Chance and Coco Mademoiselle, I would hands-down choose Chance. Why? It's obviously a personal preference, but I think it's much better balanced. I think the patchouli is more pronounced too, and I love patchouli. I also feel like Chance is a close sister of Coco's, which is another of my favorites. (I'm not convinced that Coco and Coco Mademoiselle should actually share names, for that matter! I will run screaming when someone is wearing too much of the latter, but I adore Coco.)

Chance is young, but it shouldn't be faulted. I find it very refreshing and bright, and unlike other "young" smelling perfumes, it's not totally overbearing or worse, banal.

on 4/12/2011 5:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I was using up a sample of this because, well, you just don't waste Chanel! It is a very lovely fragrance. It has a soft, slightly warm, almost linen-like or cashmere base, with a bit of light floral. It's kind of airy. My boyfriend didn't like the smell of it in the bottle but really liked it on me. I do find it quite lovely and easy on the nose, but it just doesn't quite suit my personality. I would recommend it to others though, if you're looking for a high quality light, feminine, airy, subtly florally fragrance.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

Scent:
I'm not sure what made me spray this whilst in Boots earlier today; I'm not usually a fan of Chanel perfumes, as being 18, they're too strong on me and probably not aimed at people my age anyway. At first, I thought it smelt of men's aftershave, but after half an hour, the smell changed into something slightly sweeter but not overpowering (I'm rubbish at describing perfume sorry) and slightly musky smelling. I was surprised that the scent still lingered 8 hours later after having showered too.
Packaging:
The bottle itself is simple but pretty and stylish. I can imagine it looking good on any dressing table and the shape of the bottle feels comfortable when in my hand. I think however I prefer the slightly longer, rectangular shaped bottles of Coco by Chanel though.
Price:
The price is expensive, of course (85 for 50ml) which is I guess, expected for Chanel. The lasting power of this fragrance is good, so I don't think it's hugely overpriced, however the scent of the perfume is not as distinct as some other high end perfumes I have smelt before, so for that reason, I don't think the price is totally justifiable.

Popular Fragrances