Chanel Chance

Chanel Chance
Chance

3.8

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I wish that chanel made this in a bar soap! It's amazing. I have eau frâiche lotion & edt (I've heard Lauren LC Conrad liked this in edt), eau tendre body spray & chance edp & I'm most fond of eau frâiche but I love all 3. It smells so fresh. Not as strong as like, allure or other hard hitters that can turn a little bitter. Chanel is like I can't get enough lol I like coco, allure, Coco noir, eau premiere 5, & most of all beige. This is awesome! $78 for a small bottle. I keep it in my purse. Amazing!! This makes me so happy. It's vibrant. "...I got sunshine in a bag!"

on 5/1/2013 8:27:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Tested it numerous times. Ok, if one is a fan of CHANEL - it is a must, because you've got to have something that could be somewhat of a bridge between the "pearls and cardigan" nr.5, the "man's shirt, horn glasses and a ruler in the hand" nr. 19 and a "smoky eyes and glitter dress" MMLLE. This is a daytime or cocktail-hour perfume, a strong and sharp floral with a fairly decent staying power ( a miracle on my skin ), but one has to wait a good hour before the last chemical evaporates and it starts sounding more nature-derived, so to speak. It's great for working in friendly environment, in media or any creative branch - it is 100% feminine but wouldn't cave in under pressure and definitely would bend over backwards for anyone. If I could afford it, I would use it as my office perfume in march - june and sept-oct.: for summer months, if it gets really warm, this, I suspect, can bloom too much into other people's faces ( not proven, just a worry ). A brunch with the girls somewhere upscale and in a "to watch and be watched" environment is also an ideal setting for chance. Dating is another ( I am married, so it's a retrospective observation :) ) Try it, but be patient: the initial chemical burst does dissipate eventually. Just spray and forget about it for an hour or so. I give this one a 3, because originality is not among the ingredients, one has to spend a lot of time with one's nose turned elsewhere before it blooms and the price is not justified ( at least one can never confuse nr 5, coco or 19 with anything out there ) - it is not recognizable and therefore not suitable for a "character" perfume that is worth its bucks.

on 3/30/2011 12:31:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Can't live without it! This and coco mademoiselle, CHANEL WILL ALWAYS BE CHANEL!

on 8/13/2010 11:10:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this scent. It almost reminds me of a floral apple pie. There's a very soft floral scent first but it's not over powering, then there's a mid note of apple/citrus and then finally there's a whiff of cinnamon and dare I say burnt amber resin? I'm not sure if these notes are correct but that's what I smell. It's heavenly and very unique. Leave it up to Chanel to be able to balance strong spice notes with crisp fresh flower notes.
This is the type of fragrance that "trails".

on 8/13/2010 10:44:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I received this as a gift with the lotion. The scent is very strong and i like putting this on when i want to feel more mature, like when i'm meeting some important client. Will repurchase!

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I love airy frags...edt is ethereal, youthful, girly, romantic, very pretty...a modern perfume...starts off with citrusy/zesty notes (pineapple+lemon)...the heart is high-pitched florals (hyacinth+iris)...there's a sweet and spicy sensuality from start to finish...sillage and longevity are great for edt...I stopped using edp due to the nausea spells it gave me but edt is still lovely and delicious...the one thing I dislike about Chance is its popularity...I know many people (youngins and elders) who use it or they know people who use it...why would I want another girl's perfume to remind my boyfriend Alex of me? time to move on and find a real signature frag.

on 9/16/2009 10:30:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I love this multifaceted, bright floral. Airy but with a full bodied creaminess. Tangy but sweet. Innocent but seductive. Fresh but not boring. I think men love this b/c it's the only perfume I've found to be feminine, romantic, yet daring and full of energy. Women love this on me too. They say they like it more on me than how their other perfumes wear on them. Maybe I have the perfect chemistry for this. *Preens*. Chance is one of the few perfumes that differ greatly on various individuals. It has an airy fragrance with enormous sillage on me. But it is spicy/musky with low sillage on my friends. It makes me feel like a modern day fairy b/c it has a divine, enchanting, romantic yet airy fragrance on me.

on 8/28/2009 12:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I love this, I always feel a little more sophisticated when I wear this. The only problem I have is that it's SO strong, and I feel like even one spray is too much! I had someone complain once :( It's definitely a scent I feel more comfortable wearing at night. I'll continue to wear it sometimes, but I don't think I'd repurchase.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

My first love was Miss Boucheron. I loved it dearly but was always searching for the one true love. You know how it is when you're in a relationship and you love the other person but you know deep in your heart he's not the "perfect" or right man for you. Recently, I found the perfume that goes perfectly with my chemistry and it's Chance. It starts out bright and citrusy. Then, the combination of citrus and jasmine gives a sexy aroma. Chance is crisp and fresh (citrus, hyacinth) but manages to be warm (amber, jasmine) at the same time. It is fresh on my skin from beginning to end. Delicious, sweet, sexy. I am completely smittened. Love everything from the pink pearlized box, to the round bottle, to the cap that's engraved with Chanel logo. Chance will either compliment your skin chemistry or not. I know it works for me b/c I've never received so many compliments on a perfume in such a short time. I have the edp, edt, and body lotion. Edp is richer and has more vanilla warmth than edt. Edt is fresher with more prominent citrus notes. I apply lotion, then spray edp on pulse points, then lavishly spray edt in hair and all over. Chance makes me happy and feel complete just like how the right guy would.

on 2/23/2009 5:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I used to simply adore this scent. It was all I wore for two years. After nearly two bottles I find that suddenly I can only smell the patchouli on my skin. It is overwhelming, and I cannot stand it. I suppose it goes to show how skin chemistry can change over time (5 years or so in this case) I now prefer no 5 for a Chanel - much softer on the skin, but I used to hate it and find it musty!

Popular Fragrances