Chanel Chance

Chance

3.7

on 1/6/2017 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I receive compliments EVERY time I wear this. I love,love,love tge scent!

on 5/19/2015 3:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I've gone back and forth with Chance since it was introduced. I've recently revisited Chance and am pleasantly surprised to find it much more wearable than in the past. Lots of pink pepper on top that remains through the entire drydown, pineapple fruity, a vanilla bakery note, and a heavy dose of light musk. I don't get as much patchouli from the current version than originally. Very effervescent. Long lasting in any concentration. I get more of the vanilla bakery note in the EDP, and more of a fresh laundry vibe from the EDT. I prefer the Chance satin body cream best of all. Chance is youthful, but fun for all ages. If you like Pink Sugar and Chanel #5 Eau Premiere, give Chance a chance to delight you.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I like my Chanel's. I do. As the years have progressed, each have held their place on my vanity, and at times, I've changed in my opinion of them. But this one has surprised me. Very much surprised me.
I'm surprised I didn't sneeze. Pepper. And more pepper. Throughout it's entire run. I know I'm not the only one that experienced this reaction. The first time, I thought, perhaps it's me, or the weather, or my chemicals, or whatever can change a scent on a person. But no, that's all I would ever smell. Each time I experienced Chance. Heavy pepper.
I like pepper in a perfume. As long as there are other notes that blend surreptitiously into the blend. But for me, apparently there is no chance of adding additional variety to this brew. It's a one spice dish that didn't work for me. On the up side, it did last for a good four hours or so.
Top Notes: Iris, Patchouli, Pineapple, Pink Pepper, Hiacynth.
Middle Notes: Jasmine, Lemon.
Base Notes: Musk, Patchouli, Vanilla, Vetiver.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Chanel Chance is definitely my favorite perfume! It is light and has a younger feel to it. (I hate perfumes that make me smell like an old lady) I especially like to wear it in the Spring and Summer months. This scent makes me happy and feel sexy!

on 5/11/2007 5:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I sprayed this on from a sample I was given and jerked back. It was like spraying myself with pepper spray, the way it hit me in the face. It would make an excellent weapen for self defense. It is another one of the Chanel perfumes with that hard sour lemon blast that reminds me of a gay male friend I had, maybe because he often wore Chanel perfumes. It smells like a dandy, an effete silly dude, if you've ever smelled one. I can't find anything pleasant in this at all. I noticed at the perfume counter that most of the Chanel perfumes have that same loud slap in the face citris-lime blast, except for lovely Allure. This makes my eyes water. UPDATE: mom used this sample and it smells heavenly on her! Totally different perfume on her. Or maybe it is because I smelled it from a short distance away. I am buying some for her and keeping it off myself. It is the drydown that is heavenly and it will last for at least 12 hours as good as when it was first sprayed on. I have decided I love it! That soft sensual floral scent wafting in the air is heaven. It is the first blast that you have to look out for, it's a killer. When it dries, it is like being in a beautiful garden.

I smelled this at the frangrance counter and immediately fell in love with it. It has a not-too overpowering scent, but is very noticeable in a classy, sophisticated way. I always feel like a queen when I am dressed up and doused in the magnificent scent. Go out and BUY IT!!

on 12/28/2006 6:49:00 PM

Sharp chemical pencil-shaving smell. Yuck. Dries down to a men's cologne smell.

Have to put in my pro-Chance vote. Some vehemently negative reviews notwithstanding, give Chance a chance. It took me over a year to understand it, and I didn't relate to it at all when it first came out. Now I get it...it does its thing with your chemistry (and just hope it's a positive thing because obviously it can go the other way with a vengeance), and it stays with you as long as you always hoped an expensive fragrance would. I have to say, I've come to love Chance. Coco Mademoiselle didn't work for me, sadly. My next fave is Allure, the summer sheer version most especially. Oh, how I do adore fragrance!

on 3/27/2004 2:38:00 AM

I really like Chance. It's fresh, and it lasts. It is stong when you first spritz it, and especially on a paper sample. BUT, wear it on your skin for a couple of minutes and it settles ever so nicely. It's definately made for a younger crowd, but it's so fresh and spring-y. I love that at the end of the day I still smell it on me! And it's Chanel=great quality.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I find this is a different direction that Chanel is moving towards in trying to appeal to a younger crowd. Most people identify Chanel fragrances with mothers and grandmothers. While it still has that Chanel $$$ tag on it, it is a great scent. I have received many compliments on it. I find it youthful, but still ladylike and sophisticated.

Popular Fragrances