Chanel Chance

Chance

3.9

on 10/13/2017 4:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

My favorite perfume. So beautiful, flowery, and rich. I really love this perfume. I get a lot of compliments when wearing it. It's very long lasting and wears beautifully.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I used to use no. 5 but I decided that smelled like an old lady ;P Like others have said, I too get compliments when I wear this fragrance. I have the eau de parfum - & I think it's the perfect strength. It's just such a pleasant, girly-feminine scent <3

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

One of my all time favourites. I always get compliments wearing it. If it's not yet classed as one, it will be a future classic!

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I get so many compliments on this scent. It's light without being too girly. Oddly enough, this scent reminds me of a first date: playful, sweet and a little sexy.

I have been using this scent for years, and it never gets old. Classic, spicy and just plain amazing.

I love this smell! Its a delicate soothing smell that will turn heads everywhere you go.

on 5/17/2015 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

It's hard to review a scent, because it's such a personal thing. However, this is a great scent, and I wore it all through college. I've since moved on to a less commonplace perfume that I find a little more "me," but this stuff is a crowd pleaser and I got compliments whenever I wore it. It's a very fresh smell but still complicated enough that you smell more interesting than clean laundry or a spring rain. I love the minimalistic bottle, and although Chance is expensive, it lasts a long time. You can't go wrong with this perfume.

on 2/24/2015 1:12:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I was given a bottle of Chance by my cousin on a snowy day in Boston at the Oyster bar when she was visiting and it will always be associated with that day for me. I had never owned a Chanel perfume before and was excited and intrigued. When I first sprayed it on, I thought it was way too domineering for me, but as I tried it again and again I realized there was something magnetic about it that kept me coming back. It is my cold-weather perfume, and when I want to feel sophisticated and professional, this is what I spray on. I love the crisp notes of pepper and spice biting into the cold winter air, and the warmth of the patchouli base. It is an oriental fragrance, exotic and yet tasteful. Years later, I have finished about a third of the bottle, which is remarkable for me. I now own a bottle of No. 5, but I find Chance easier to wear on a more casual day. I always think of Chance as my trench coat perfume - chic and put together with good tailoring. The scent lasts quite a few hours although a spritz doesn't last all day on me. If I ever finish the bottle my cousin gave me, which has followed me to three different continents now, I will probably buy myself a second bottle.

PS. One minor quibble: The metal band around my glass bottle has started to tarnish, which I was rather sad about. I expected better packaging from Chanel given how pricey the perfume is.

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

I took a test strip in a packet of this home so here is my review based on that only....
....Chance is for going out, you will smell like a Goddess.
Chance I can understand Its vibe already, it will transform you into a super-social lady with loads and loads and loads of enthusiasm and energy. Everyone will notice you, think you are stunning,
Chance is an accessory it will project your image and speak volumes for you.

This is one of Chanel's best fragrances, if not #1. It can be worn by any age, and it seems to smell lovely on everyone. The smell is young, but still very elegant, very "Chanel." You feel sophisticated wearing this without feeling like you're wearing your grandmother's perfume. The bottle isn't elaborate, but it looks elegant displayed on a vanity table. I own the EDP (which has great lasting power), but the EDT and the Eau Tendre versions are also good as well. (Check out the Eau Tendre if you're a big Marc Jacobs Daisy fan.)

Popular Fragrances