4.5

package quality

price range

Reviews

3 years ago

Bodycology Toasted Sugar (I have the newer packaging so the Vanilla has been omitted from the label even though the scent is basically the same) is a warm burned sugar vanilla musk type scent with a little milky fresh rice note like the one found in BBW Warm Vanilla Sugar, and a very noticeable sandalwood in the dry down. After showering, my skin still smelled very distinctly of the sandalwood base. The bottle says "Amber" but I have a ton of perfumes as well as real sandalwood essential oil, and I trust my nose. For a body mist this lasts forever and goes through distinct stages. It smells very strongly of vanilla and warm woodiness. It's a cheap body mist but glorious in its own way. My boyfriend hates it as much as he hates all fake vanilla scents so I can really only use it when he's not around. So bad it's good. Vanilla body mist 4-life! Hahaha...

About reviewer (17 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

EyesGreen

1.0

5 years ago

I absolutely HATE this scent! I got it as a secret santa gift this Christmas and was excited to try it out. I usually LOVE vanilla/sugary scents. They usually work very well with my body chemistry. However, when I ran home to try it I was horrified. It smelled awful. I hardly got vanilla or sugar from the scent. Instead I got a terrible floral scent, along with an undertone which I can't find any other way to describe as blood! I would not recommend this scent to anyone. The cheap price is the only good thing about this scent!

About reviewer (10 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair

7 years ago

This is very simular to BBW Warm Vanilla Sugar, except cheaper and it lasts longer. Sweet sugary vanilla..Smells just like the name. I always bitch about how BBW which used to be one of my favorite stores, started watering down their scents where body sprays will last literally minutes and why do I want to buy it again if I can have very simular scent that lasts at least 2 hours(or even longer when layered with lotion)? Bodycology does great job with their scents so kuddos to them. Incidentally, I quit buying soaps at BBW some time ago because they only have anti-bacterial soaps(which i don't want). Now Bodycology has soaps in simular scents which are not anti-bacterial. I am very happy about that

About reviewer (365 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

3.0

7 years ago

I bought a small size of this from Target, and while it is sweet and pleasant, it is nothing particularly special. It doesn't make me want to rush out and purchase a full size bottle. I do get a few compliments when I wear this though, but then scents like vanilla tend to draw compliments and attention in my experience, perhaps because they are so foody smelling. I woudn't buy this again but it's not because of any dislike on my part but because there are so many other scents to try.

About reviewer (1232 reviews)

Age30-35

HairBrown

7 years ago

Amazing. I got this as a gift and OMG it's great especially the price. I will definitely repurchase. However the smell is very light and a more complex vanilla compared to BBW warm vanilla sugar. Coming from vanillas biggest friend this is amazing :)

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

8 years ago

Smell: Has a warm sweet smell. I have always been a fan of vanilla scents and this is definitely one of my favorites. Lasting Power: For a body spray it has excellent lasting power. If its not too humid it easily lasts 4-5 hours on me. Price: Dirt cheap. Overall: Love Love Love! And judging by the compliments I get, I guess others love it too.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age19-24

EyesOther

8 years ago

Beautiful brown sugar scent. At first it does spray on a little "play-doh ish" but that quickly dries to a very beautiful and realistic vanilla extract on cookie batter scent. Very soft. I have to spray 5 or 6 times but the scent stays longer than most body sprays. I think this is actually good year round....its basically a sweet vanilla smell. I actually like this better than warm vanilla sugar from bath and body works. No kidding! This is better! The price is phenomenal. I got a small spray for a dollar and the divine huge bottle of the shower gel was only $2.50. I just bought Victorias secret 5/$30 and I don't like any of their scents as much as this one. Bodycology rocks!

About reviewer (77 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair

EyesGreen

8 years ago

I don't actually own this but my friend does and she let me use it after gym class, and OMGG. It smelled so good!!! I asked her where she got it and she said you can get it dirt cheap at Walmart, so I'm going to go get a huge bottle! <3 I can't wait, I'm probably gonna put it on everydaay! :)

About reviewer (22 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

8 years ago

So glad I decided to try this splash. I love wearing vanilla scents and was previously using B&BW's Warm Vanilla Sugar, but I wasn't completetly satisfied. Vanilla, especially body splashes, tend to smell like plastic on me. I'm also very sensitive to perfume and most things give me a headache. A co-worker of mine rec'd this because she said it smelled like me, so I had to give it a try. I'm not an expert on fragrance, so I won't even bother trying to break down this fragrance, but it really is light, warm &lovely. Definitely more sophisticated and less sugary sweet than the vanilla's I've tried form B&BW's and VS.The staying power is great for a body splash, but I usually layer it with the Brown Sugar Vanilla Body Cream from the same line. The scent still lingers after a 10+ hour day. AND of course the price can't be beat!!!

About reviewer (62 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

EyesHazel

9 years ago

Love this body mist! I picked it up at walmart and have used it here and there. I consider this a warm scent therefore i prefer to wear it in the colder months. Great price for this line (:

About reviewer (289 reviews)

Age19-24