Bobbi Brown Earth Metal

Earth Metal

4.2

on 2/13/2011 11:34:00 PM

LE, Oct 2009, Holiday Collection

Autumn Shimmer Wash Eyeshadow - golden khaki-brown with slight green undertones and shimmer

Earth Metal Metallic Eyeshadow - plummy brown with shimmer

Zinc Metallic Eyeshadow - light taupe brown with silvery sheen

Black Spruce Metallic Eyeshadow - dark mossy green with metallic shimmer

Sunset Gold Metallic Eyeshadow - pale, light peachy gold with light shimmer

Antique Gold Metallic Eyeshadow - looks like antique gold in the pan; wears more like a coppery bronze with a metallic sheen; brighter, more golden than Autumn Shimmer

Creamy Lip Color in Paisley Rose Creamy Lip Color - sheer pale, peachy pink

Creamy Lip Color in Rose Garden Creamy Lip Color - sheer light medium golden pink

Creamy Lip Color in Rose Bud Creamy Lip Color - sheer plummy-nude-pink

Creamy Lip Color in Barefoot Shimmer Creamy Lip Color - sheer shimmery peach-brown

Product - Normally when I hear "Earth Metal" I would assume drab browns (especially gven that this is BB we're talking about!); though frankly, without Zinc and Black Spruce, this palette would have been just another BB nude palette. Overall this palette is more intriguing than I expected, and I do love it. I would have preferred stronger pigmentation in the lip colors though.

Packaging - Slick glossy black BB packaging. Top of lid and the trim around the product pans has a polished/reflective dark bronze metallic finish. The compact is a tri-fold design, where the top half has a mirror which folds down over the eyeshadow section (and only opens up to about 90-100 degrees, so it's awkward to use), and the bottom half houses the lipcolors and brush well. Includes an eyeshadow brush and covered lip brush. Although normally I would prefer the two brushes instead be one dual-ended brush, it is nice to have the longer handles so color from the back end doesn't transfer to your hand during use. Same packaging format as the Color Strips palettes (Bonfire, Orchid, Aquamarine). Retail on this was $60.

Overall - For those of you who don't have an aversion to eye shadows and lip products in the same compact, this is well worth a look. continued >>

on 8/18/2010 5:59:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

i've had this for about a year. love at first sight, the shades are great for my colouring BUT with the exception of Autumn e/s (the one on the left) they are too shimmery to be perfect (yeah, i'm old and excessive shimmer makes it show). the lip shades are inoffensive, but again there's too much shimmer for my taste.

apart from the Autumn e/s, i haven't actually used any of the eye or lip shades in the palette BUT that one shade is PERFECT. i've used it every day for the last year with maybe 5 exceptions, it's the most flattering and wearable e/s i have ever tried. of course that depends on colouring, but i'm pretty convinced Autumn could be a bestseller IF ONLY it was available outside this palette (which was LE, so now it isn't available at all). it's running out, however, and i can't find a good dupe so it really bugs me that Autumn Shimmer Wash isn't available as a mono (i'd even be ok with LE as long as i could stock up and not run out of this in the next 25 years).

even though i haven't used any of the other shades i'd even consider buying the palette again just to get this one shade but seriously, someone at BB should realise the sales potential of this colour, it's so good.

(btw i don't understand what the reviewer below means when she says the palette topples - it folds out flat on the table, there's no way anything can topple. maybe she didn't fold it out all the way?)

on 1/20/2010 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love Bobbi Brown products. My mom got this for me for Christmas (she left the price tag on...and I absolutely didn't love the price). I don't really use the lip products, bc my lips are really pigmented and none of them really show up on me. I like the eyeshadows, though. I almost exclusively use earth tone/neutral colors so this is a great palette to have. I don't use the brushes and don't like how the eyeshadow part flips up, but other than that, the colors are very versatile, nice shimmer, but way too expensive.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

This is another of Bobbi Brown's amazing palettes!!! I bought this when Bobbi Brown has it's F & F, so I got it @ 20% off. I put No to a re-purchase as this is an LE product. This is an excellent palette, very well constructed with a cover over the 6 e/s so they don't get into the four lipstick colors. This is genius in and of itself. I fell in love with the lovely Rose Garden lip color and even purchased a full size lipstick of it. The lips colors are long wearing and definitely put together to flatter a variety of skintones, being mostly nude to nude pink shades that Bobbi Brown is famous for. However, the E/S are just as flattering with a "metal" tone to each. You can do anything from a very neutral eye with this palette to a very smokey eye (the Black Spruce color accomplished this beautifully). The eye colors range from golden browns (Autumn), to the aforementioned icey Black Spruce to the Silvery Zinc shade and the golden Sunset. All in all a gorgeous and very wearable palette. $60 full price on the Bobbi Brown website.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I bought this as the chrome palette had sold out.
I am glad I did even though im still searching.
Its gold eyeshadow is amazing..
Also bought the glitter balm palette too.
When opened the eye shadows are at the top and topples over so this is a minus in packaging.