MAC Cosmetics Pigment in Sunnydaze

MAC Cosmetics Pigment in Sunnydaze
Pigment in Sunnydaze

4.8

on 2/25/2010 5:49:00 PM

Very pretty champagne golden color. Nice shimmer and applied over the right base it has excellent staying power. I would recommend this pigment!

I am NW15 with green eyes. This color was LE with the June 2006 She Shines collection. The color description is a soft apricot-taupe with silver pearlized pigments. Another beautiful and interesting pigment color from MAC. This color is beautiful, and is great paired with Sunpepper pigment in the crease. Pigments are $19.50 each. I would repurchase.

on 7/7/2006 6:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I grabbed this one at Nordstrom.com after it had sold through TWICE at MAC online, and I'm glad I did!

To me, SD is similar to Coco only in that they are both pigments and both in the brown/taupe color family.

I own a full-size of both, and I think they're different enough to justify that, if you love taupe-y browns, as I do. It is true that Coco is richer in texture, but SD is still great! It's a light golden brown with tons of silver shimmer. How a powder can shimmer both gold and silver is beyond me, but SD does! I like it, too; it seems cool without being harsh.

And, yeah, I see glitter particles, too, but they're tiny and not obvious.

If you like pigments, and like taupes, get this one while it can still be found at retail price!

It will probably eventually be one of those elusive pigments that one has to pay through the nose to get.

UPDATE: I've had this for about 6 weeks now, and it is GRREAT! In my humble opinion, it's one of the best, most versatile pigments MAC has ever come up with, and that's saying a lot.

"Sunny Daze" is a wonderful neutral all-over wash shade. I love it with MAC Satin Taupe and Bobbi Brown's Bone Shimmer eyeshadows. This combination makes a simple neutral-but-special eye design.

If you happen upon "Sunny Daze" at a reasonable price, JUMP ON IT!
You won't regret it.

UPDATE: I've had this for several months now, and I find myself reaching for it often. This is really a great versatile color, one of those wonderful neutral-with-a-kick shades. I think I love it as much as I do "Coco." I'm so glad to have been able to get a full-size of "Sunny Daze," so it's unlikely that I'll ever run out. It's so gorgeous that I may even splurge on a second full-size, just to be absolutely sure!

YET ANOTHER UPDATE OCTOBER 2006: I gave in and bought another full-size of "Sunny Daze!" It is just too beautiful to be without! I use it all the time with MAC "Satin Taupe" or UD's "Twice Baked." I highlight with MAC "Shroom," a recent discovery, and PERFECTION! I doubt that I'll ever need to buy SD again, but I would do so happily, if necessary. I'm not proud of this, but I'm so crazy in love with "Sunny Daze" that I occasionally take out one of my two jars of the stuff and just admire it. It's that wonderful.
continued >>

on 6/26/2006 5:29:00 PM

I REALLY like this color. It has been compared to Coco pigment and though color wise it's relatively the same, there are difference between the 2. First Coco's finish is that of a veluxe pearl very smooth and almost wet looking. SD is like a frost with glitter (think White Lily and Kitchmas). SD is a tad lighter in color than Coco and is it me or does it have goldish glitter? IMO I feel it is warmer than Coco, but some will say its cooler. Is it different enough to own both? well........ I think thats a personal opinion. For me (being a taupe lover) I own both and find them different enough to keep them both. They have 2 different finishes. But I can definitely see how some would think otherwise. One thing is for sure, if you DON'T own Coco GET SUNNYDAZE! It's a beautiful taupe and you will probably be kicking yourself if you miss out again :)****UPDATE**** I put it to the test and put SD on one lid and Coco on the other for a day and I could see a difference. SD is warmer. Almost like they took Coco and added a TINY bit of Dazzleray to give it golden sparkle. I may be alone in that thought but I SWEAR I see gold sparkles sometimes :)

on 6/21/2006 12:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Although I think Sunnydaze is a beautiful color, I was totally bummed when I tried it on, and realized it was the EXACT same color as my Coco Pigment. Now don't get me wrong, I love Coco, but one jar of it is a lifetime supply...I do not need 2 jars of it! I wish MAC would have just re-introduced this color as Coco, so those of us who already own it, and then purchased Sunnydaze, do not now own 2 jars of the same pigment. Honestly, I see no difference at all. They are both beautiful, flattering taupes, with a silver sheen. They look great dry or foiled and a little goes a long way. Bottom line is if you have Coco, you do not need Sunnydaze. If you missed out on Coco's limited release, this is your chance to get the same color...grab it! If you do not know what all the fuss was about Coco, this is your chance to see what a great color this is. You won't regret it. Get it before it is selling on ebay for $30+ a jar.