MAC Pigment in Sunnydaze

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
MAC Pigment in Sunnydaze
Pigment in Sunnydaze

4.6

Beautiful, shimmery, sparkly, tan/cool golden champagne pigment. Goes on with ease but does get messy, no matter how careful I try to be. I think that it may be the finely-milled texture of this lovely pigment that makes it so prone to flying everywhere. After each application, I end up with product all over my cheeks and I do not experience that with other pigments.

on 2/25/2010 5:49:00 PM

Very pretty champagne golden color. Nice shimmer and applied over the right base it has excellent staying power. I would recommend this pigment!

on 11/29/2009 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my HG pigment!! It's a gorgeous color, and a very good quality. It's somewhat light, and is good for someone like me who doesn't use much eyeshadow. It has a nice glittery shimmer, which is a nice effect, and I think it would look good on any skin tone. I would definitely buy this again, and probably will have to soon, because mine's going to run out!

on 10/29/2006 5:24:00 PM

Went to my local MAC store and asked for this...unfortunately they were out and they said it was LE, so I went straight to the website and luckily they still had it in stock! It's a really beautiful, extremely shimmery neutral warm taupey shade. It looks even more intense layered over the Shadestick in Beige-ing. I personally wear it for daytime (although for many, it may be more for evening due to the shimmer) on the lid up into the crease, then highlight the browbone with Pigment in Frost. For evening, I do the same, but put a darker brown in the crease. And of course, as with all PIgments, it's great quality for the cost, as it only takes a little for major impact!

on 7/23/2006 6:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is one of my favorite pigments ever - it's like a lighter version of Coco, which looks like dirt on me because it's so dark. SD is a lighter, more sparklier version and I love it as a wash for nighttime. It's very sultry and extremely versatile.

on 7/7/2006 6:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I grabbed this one at Nordstrom.com after it had sold through TWICE at MAC online, and I'm glad I did!

To me, SD is similar to Coco only in that they are both pigments and both in the brown/taupe color family.

I own a full-size of both, and I think they're different enough to justify that, if you love taupe-y browns, as I do. It is true that Coco is richer in texture, but SD is still great! It's a light golden brown with tons of silver shimmer. How a powder can shimmer both gold and silver is beyond me, but SD does! I like it, too; it seems cool without being harsh.

And, yeah, I see glitter particles, too, but they're tiny and not obvious.

If you like pigments, and like taupes, get this one while it can still be found at retail price!

It will probably eventually be one of those elusive pigments that one has to pay through the nose to get.

UPDATE: I've had this for about 6 weeks now, and it is GRREAT! In my humble opinion, it's one of the best, most versatile pigments MAC has ever come up with, and that's saying a lot.

"Sunny Daze" is a wonderful neutral all-over wash shade. I love it with MAC Satin Taupe and Bobbi Brown's Bone Shimmer eyeshadows. This combination makes a simple neutral-but-special eye design.

If you happen upon "Sunny Daze" at a reasonable price, JUMP ON IT!
You won't regret it.

UPDATE: I've had this for several months now, and I find myself reaching for it often. This is really a great versatile color, one of those wonderful neutral-with-a-kick shades. I think I love it as much as I do "Coco." I'm so glad to have been able to get a full-size of "Sunny Daze," so it's unlikely that I'll ever run out. It's so gorgeous that I may even splurge on a second full-size, just to be absolutely sure!

YET ANOTHER UPDATE OCTOBER 2006: I gave in and bought another full-size of "Sunny Daze!" It is just too beautiful to be without! I use it all the time with MAC "Satin Taupe" or UD's "Twice Baked." I highlight with MAC "Shroom," a recent discovery, and PERFECTION! I doubt that I'll ever need to buy SD again, but I would do so happily, if necessary. I'm not proud of this, but I'm so crazy in love with "Sunny Daze" that I occasionally take out one of my two jars of the stuff and just admire it. It's that wonderful.
continued >>

on 6/26/2006 11:28:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Very pretty pigment.. I agree with a previous review.. its a nice champagney color.. very similar to Coco but more brown in my opinion.. Coco seemed to have a silver tinge too it IMO. Looks great when paired with Dazzle Ray. Gorgeous pigment!!!

on 6/21/2006 12:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Although I think Sunnydaze is a beautiful color, I was totally bummed when I tried it on, and realized it was the EXACT same color as my Coco Pigment. Now don't get me wrong, I love Coco, but one jar of it is a lifetime supply...I do not need 2 jars of it! I wish MAC would have just re-introduced this color as Coco, so those of us who already own it, and then purchased Sunnydaze, do not now own 2 jars of the same pigment. Honestly, I see no difference at all. They are both beautiful, flattering taupes, with a silver sheen. They look great dry or foiled and a little goes a long way. Bottom line is if you have Coco, you do not need Sunnydaze. If you missed out on Coco's limited release, this is your chance to get the same color...grab it! If you do not know what all the fuss was about Coco, this is your chance to see what a great color this is. You won't regret it. Get it before it is selling on ebay for $30+ a jar.

on 6/20/2006 9:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I deleted my previous review on this, because I think I may have been too hasty when I initially reviewed this pigment. I originally said Sunny Daze was practically identical to Coco Pigment- almost a dead ringer! Turns out it's NOT as identical as I had previously thought...When I swiped these two pigments on my hand- side by side- Coco and Sunny Daze were so similar I couldn't tell where one swipe ended and the other began. The colors blended perfectly into each other, except for the excessive sparkly glitter of Sunny Daze, which made it stand out.On my eyes, Sunny Daze is quite different than Coco is on my lids. Coco is more of a silvery-taupe with sheen to it. Coco also seems a tad bit darker, and it applies much smoother and neater than Sunny Daze. Sunny Daze is more of a golden-brown with LOTS & LOTS of flyaway glitter particles (like Lily White Pigment)! Man, it drives me nuts when I am swiping it on my eyes, and a big chunk falls under my eye... and then I have glitter particles all over my chin and the rest of my face! It's as if I were at a children's party and the Good Fairy Tink came by and dusted me over with some 6-year old's fairy dust! Yikes! I love MAC pigments, but I gotta say I am not very fond of the ones with all the flyaway glitter particles in them. Too bad, too, because I find that some of the ones with the chunky glitter are the pigments with the prettiest color payoff! But~ I hate applying them because the particles get in my eyes (yes, I wear contact lenses, so NOT GOOD), and they seem too frosty to wear during the daytime as a lid color. Sunny daze falls into this category, so even tho I think it is a GORGEOUS color (like Lily White), I had to come back here and deduct a lippie. I don't like all the excess glitter in this one. If you don't mind frosty pigments with chunky glitter, than you will love Sunny Daze. If MAC made another pigment like this without the glitter, I would give it a "5" & buy it in a heartbeat! But I do think that Coco and Sunny Daze do have their differences, and I now do see a reason to own both. continued >>