MAC Pigment in Sunnydaze

Pigment in Sunnydaze

1 review

on 7/7/2006 6:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I grabbed this one at Nordstrom.com after it had sold through TWICE at MAC online, and I'm glad I did!

To me, SD is similar to Coco only in that they are both pigments and both in the brown/taupe color family.

I own a full-size of both, and I think they're different enough to justify that, if you love taupe-y browns, as I do. It is true that Coco is richer in texture, but SD is still great! It's a light golden brown with tons of silver shimmer. How a powder can shimmer both gold and silver is beyond me, but SD does! I like it, too; it seems cool without being harsh.

And, yeah, I see glitter particles, too, but they're tiny and not obvious.

If you like pigments, and like taupes, get this one while it can still be found at retail price!

It will probably eventually be one of those elusive pigments that one has to pay through the nose to get.

UPDATE: I've had this for about 6 weeks now, and it is GRREAT! In my humble opinion, it's one of the best, most versatile pigments MAC has ever come up with, and that's saying a lot.

"Sunny Daze" is a wonderful neutral all-over wash shade. I love it with MAC Satin Taupe and Bobbi Brown's Bone Shimmer eyeshadows. This combination makes a simple neutral-but-special eye design.

If you happen upon "Sunny Daze" at a reasonable price, JUMP ON IT!
You won't regret it.

UPDATE: I've had this for several months now, and I find myself reaching for it often. This is really a great versatile color, one of those wonderful neutral-with-a-kick shades. I think I love it as much as I do "Coco." I'm so glad to have been able to get a full-size of "Sunny Daze," so it's unlikely that I'll ever run out. It's so gorgeous that I may even splurge on a second full-size, just to be absolutely sure!

YET ANOTHER UPDATE OCTOBER 2006: I gave in and bought another full-size of "Sunny Daze!" It is just too beautiful to be without! I use it all the time with MAC "Satin Taupe" or UD's "Twice Baked." I highlight with MAC "Shroom," a recent discovery, and PERFECTION! I doubt that I'll ever need to buy SD again, but I would do so happily, if necessary. I'm not proud of this, but I'm so crazy in love with "Sunny Daze" that I occasionally take out one of my two jars of the stuff and just admire it. It's that wonderful.
continued >>