MAC Pigment in Sunnydaze

Pigment in Sunnydaze

4.2

on 6/20/2006 9:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I deleted my previous review on this, because I think I may have been too hasty when I initially reviewed this pigment. I originally said Sunny Daze was practically identical to Coco Pigment- almost a dead ringer! Turns out it's NOT as identical as I had previously thought...When I swiped these two pigments on my hand- side by side- Coco and Sunny Daze were so similar I couldn't tell where one swipe ended and the other began. The colors blended perfectly into each other, except for the excessive sparkly glitter of Sunny Daze, which made it stand out.On my eyes, Sunny Daze is quite different than Coco is on my lids. Coco is more of a silvery-taupe with sheen to it. Coco also seems a tad bit darker, and it applies much smoother and neater than Sunny Daze. Sunny Daze is more of a golden-brown with LOTS & LOTS of flyaway glitter particles (like Lily White Pigment)! Man, it drives me nuts when I am swiping it on my eyes, and a big chunk falls under my eye... and then I have glitter particles all over my chin and the rest of my face! It's as if I were at a children's party and the Good Fairy Tink came by and dusted me over with some 6-year old's fairy dust! Yikes! I love MAC pigments, but I gotta say I am not very fond of the ones with all the flyaway glitter particles in them. Too bad, too, because I find that some of the ones with the chunky glitter are the pigments with the prettiest color payoff! But~ I hate applying them because the particles get in my eyes (yes, I wear contact lenses, so NOT GOOD), and they seem too frosty to wear during the daytime as a lid color. Sunny daze falls into this category, so even tho I think it is a GORGEOUS color (like Lily White), I had to come back here and deduct a lippie. I don't like all the excess glitter in this one. If you don't mind frosty pigments with chunky glitter, than you will love Sunny Daze. If MAC made another pigment like this without the glitter, I would give it a "5" & buy it in a heartbeat! But I do think that Coco and Sunny Daze do have their differences, and I now do see a reason to own both. continued >>

on 6/21/2006 12:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Although I think Sunnydaze is a beautiful color, I was totally bummed when I tried it on, and realized it was the EXACT same color as my Coco Pigment. Now don't get me wrong, I love Coco, but one jar of it is a lifetime supply...I do not need 2 jars of it! I wish MAC would have just re-introduced this color as Coco, so those of us who already own it, and then purchased Sunnydaze, do not now own 2 jars of the same pigment. Honestly, I see no difference at all. They are both beautiful, flattering taupes, with a silver sheen. They look great dry or foiled and a little goes a long way. Bottom line is if you have Coco, you do not need Sunnydaze. If you missed out on Coco's limited release, this is your chance to get the same color...grab it! If you do not know what all the fuss was about Coco, this is your chance to see what a great color this is. You won't regret it. Get it before it is selling on ebay for $30+ a jar.

on 6/22/2006 2:24:00 PM

Well, I'm glad I have Sunny Daze especially because I never had (or tried) Coco. This is a gorgeous taupe with silver shimmer- beautiful as an accent or highlighting color on my medium-toned Asian skin. When foiled, Sunny Daze is a vibrant taupe- if there can be such a thing b/c it really enhances the color- with great consistency that borders on creamy. When used dry, Sunny Daze is pretty sheer but use a light hand b/c the shimmer can be a bit too much for daytime, but looks very pretty as a wash on the lids. Would totally buy again but I think this jar is going to last me a while, so I think the $20 price tag is justified. **UPDATE** I LOVE this pigment! I've become obsessed with taupes and lately one of my favorite looks is Sunny Daze applied dry from lashline to browbone and BB Stone e/s on the lid. A taupe smokey eye!

I found this slightly different than Coco (which I love) though of course it's similar. The color is less warm, more silvery. It has more shimmer particles, sort of like Lily White- they almost look like teensy glitter particles when sheered. I actually reach for it over Coco, since I like both those features.

Looks great with Sunpepper as liner and smoked out a bit, and Lily White as highlighter. Very pretty. continued >>

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I found this identical to Coco, so it's great if you missed out - but it peeved me off, because I already have it. Back to Mac it went....

on 6/24/2006 10:47:00 AM

I agree that Sunny Daze is very similar to Coco, but there are definitely differences. Coco is my favorite pigment and a definite staple for me. Sunny Daze is a tad lighter with a lot more silver shimmer. My problem is that the some of the shimmer is big, and it verges on being glittery. I don't like using it dry because the shimmer falls all over my face. It is very pretty applied wet though. I'm disappointed because I thought I was going to love having another pigment similar to Coco, but I can't see myself using this very often.

Well, I never tried coco, so to me its a new color.
I like the champaine-browny color, and it looks great on me.
I own a lot of MAC pigments, and this is becoming one of my favorites.

on 6/26/2006 11:28:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Very pretty pigment.. I agree with a previous review.. its a nice champagney color.. very similar to Coco but more brown in my opinion.. Coco seemed to have a silver tinge too it IMO. Looks great when paired with Dazzle Ray. Gorgeous pigment!!!

on 6/26/2006 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Sunny Daze is one of the new Limited edition pigments released June 2006 with the She Shine collection. Someone on the boards posted that these new shades were mixes of existing pigments. This is a shimmery soft light taupe color. Pretty but a little light and not a very unique shade. Almost looks like my skintone (NC30 light olive complexion) but with a ton of shimmer. Very soft looking. Nice amount of pigment and not chunky. Great consistency. Retails for $19.50 for the jar and a little will go a long way.

on 6/26/2006 5:29:00 PM

I REALLY like this color. It has been compared to Coco pigment and though color wise it's relatively the same, there are difference between the 2. First Coco's finish is that of a veluxe pearl very smooth and almost wet looking. SD is like a frost with glitter (think White Lily and Kitchmas). SD is a tad lighter in color than Coco and is it me or does it have goldish glitter? IMO I feel it is warmer than Coco, but some will say its cooler. Is it different enough to own both? well........ I think thats a personal opinion. For me (being a taupe lover) I own both and find them different enough to keep them both. They have 2 different finishes. But I can definitely see how some would think otherwise. One thing is for sure, if you DON'T own Coco GET SUNNYDAZE! It's a beautiful taupe and you will probably be kicking yourself if you miss out again :)****UPDATE**** I put it to the test and put SD on one lid and Coco on the other for a day and I could see a difference. SD is warmer. Almost like they took Coco and added a TINY bit of Dazzleray to give it golden sparkle. I may be alone in that thought but I SWEAR I see gold sparkles sometimes :)