L.A. Girl Professional Salon Nail Lacquer

L.A. Girl Professional Salon Nail Lacquer

4.3

I tried the color "Eden".

Saw it at Rite Aid for a little over $4. From the bottle it looks like a bubble gum pink..
On my nails it's more of a neon pink, but unlike most neon pink nail polishes it's blue toned which is awesome - no orange undertones at all!
It applies smoothly and dries average time. It's such a pretty neon pink that brings out the tan in my fingers. Perfect bright color for the summer when my pale hands are a drop tanner, because it makes them look extra sun-kissed like I just got back from the beach.
The formula doesn't chip that much, but it does tend to yellow quickly and get teeny tiny cracks, so I recommend a top coat. However, this is the cheapest lacquer I've ever purchased so I wouldn't expect it to last that long anyway.
This is a very bright color so it's easy to get sick of it, which is why I'll stop wearing it when the summer comes to an end but it's still sooo cute - great for a day at the beach or a night out.

on 9/20/2013 8:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Well, OPI can kiss my ass...
LA Girl does brilliant - and I mean BRILLIANT nail polish. I have been ordering these off Cherry Culture for the past few months because they are so cheap and the range is so huge and if I have to speculate, it will possibly be a cold day in hell before I spend big bucks on OPI, Orly, Chanel or Dior polishes ever again. I mean, I lusted after Chanel Taboo for the longest time and then LA Girl Groupie just blew my mind and no, they're not dupes or anything really close (Taboo is way darker and much more red toned, Groupie is brighter and more of a blue purple) but for the price difference, there is no contest for me. None!
These are one the cheapest nail polishes on the market, the range of colours and finishes are enormous and the application and lasting power (no chipping!) is top notch.
I CANNOT get enough of these!
I probably have close to 2 dozen bottles from this brand alone but I'll list a few of my favourites below...
Groupie - from the Rockstar line. Stunning, deep blue purple with small copper/pink/blue shimmer. Absolutely lovely and without a doubt, one of my top polishes.
Double Platinum, Rockstar. A mushroom taupe bronze with silver glitter, semi - sheer, great for layering. Very unique.
Teal Dimension, from the Glitter 3D range. Medium teal blue with a hint of green, packed full of holographic glitter. Surprisingly opaque, 2 coats gives an immaculate finish and it removes very easily. No staining.
Purple Effect, Glitter 3D, bright jewel tone purple, not quite as much holo as the teal but more sparkle. I also have Sparkle Ruby and Brilliant Blue from this line.
Antique Gold, Metal range. Smutty deep olive golden bronze, very saturated colour and full coverage. Certainly lives up to its name.
Millennium, Metal. Plum purple, packed with superfine silver shimmer. Same formula and coverage as Antique Gold. Can you tell I love purple yet? Also have Trilogy, which is more of a red purple, also lovely.
Now the Nude range surprised me a lot. I love bright, vivid nail colours and there are only so many variations on beige and light pink you can handle, right?
Well, these knocked my socks off.
Darling is the PERFECT naked pink colour I have ever laid eyes upon. It's rosy, beige, creamy, peachy and nude all at once, shot through with a super duper fine micro shimmer that isn't obvious on the nail but just lifts it into this amazing glossy cream finish. LOVE.
Antique is just so enchanting, its a lovely soft smutty greyed lilac that looks a bit blah in the bottle but when applied, it's softer and brighter and just amazing. I love this so much more than Chanel Paradoxal, which is much, much deeper and darker and has that purple iridescence but Antique is like it's gorgeous little pastel baby sister.
Whimsical. Beige creams are a dime a dozen, but this has the perfect balance of creaminess and lightness - think really soft cafe au lait, it is the perfect nude for me and I've tried a few!
Can't want for the new Color Pop range to be stocked ,I will be ordering them as soon as I can whip my credit card out!

on 11/26/2009 5:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I desperatelly wanted to get Chanels Tulipe Noir, but since I usually dont wear such dark shades very often, I didnt want to shell out such amount of money on a nailpolish I would use only once or twice. So, I ran into L.A. Girl nailpolishes in a store, and the shade Garnet (NL215) caught my attention because it seemed very similar to Tulipe Noir, and since this nailpolish was five times cheaper than Chanel, I decided to give it a try.
The shade itself is not a perfect alternative to Tulipe Noir, because I find it is a bit warmer than Tulipe Noir.
At first, I was thinking of giving it 2 lippies, because when I applied it on my nails without a base coat, the polish wasnt very pigmented and it took me three coats to make it look like in the bottle. Luckily, the next time, I decided to put it over a base coat and this time even one coat looked nice. I am pleasantly surprised with the quality of this nailpolish, because my Chanel nailpolishes (even if I put Seche Vite over them) usualy barely manage to last full two days without chipping (and this only happens if I dont do any housework).
The only bad point I could find about this nailpolish is that the brush is a bit awkward to work with, and since the naipolish is new, the texture is a bit thin and runny, so I must be extra careful when doing my manicure.
I dont know how long it takes for the nailpolish to dry because after 2 minutes I simply put Seche Vite over it. This nailpolish is very cheap and you get 14ml and Im thinking of quitting Chanel nailpolishes for good. Its a shame that I dont have very good choice of colours in my country, because Id certainly repurchase this.

on 9/25/2010 2:06:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I got my L.A. Girl Cherries Jubilee on a bogo closeout at walmart (99 cents). it's a great dark red, only applied two coats to get it to a nice shade. Usually nailpolish doesn't last worth a crud on my nails, between the nursing job and compulsive housecleaning..you get the picture, but this does last anywhere from 4 to 5 days without touchups on the tips. Not sure what the regular price is, but if you can find it on closeout at your walmart, it's definately worth the 99 cents. :)

on 7/27/2010 1:57:00 AM

I was house-sitting for my aunt, and my cousins thought I might get bored. So they got out all their nail stuff for me. I am not very "girly" and have only rarely done my nails, but when I have it has been disastrous. Most of the colors they had were pretty bold, so I tried a couple and picked this one, called Precious (see photo above). It went on the easiest, with the fewest streaks and I was pleased with the result. I did think the brush was a bit small but I'm not an expert. I'm sure there are better products out there, but this one was surprisingly good! Some additional information:
* Infused with diamond powder for strength and long lasting wear
* White Tea extract to help nourish nails
* Toluene, Formaldehyde & DBP Free
* Made in the USA
* Cruelty free (never tested on animals)

on 1/3/2012 5:36:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I got two colours from the nudes collection - Antique, which is a muted mauve with a hint of grey, and Darling, which is a soft pink/salmon colour.

I absolutely adore these polishes, firstly because of the lovely, understated colours but also the lack of noticeable sparkles or shimmer. I hate shimmery/sparkly nude polishes, I just think it makes them look juvenile and too girly, haha. These polishes have extremely fine shimmer particles, which catch the light, but are only noticeable under close inspection - this means they look very sophisticated.

They go on quite opaque after just one coat, and last at least 4 days or so without chipping...I am very impressed and will purchase again :)

Popular Polishes