Carol's Daughter Almond Cookie Bath and Body Oil

No Image

3.8

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

You know, I'm torn on how I feel about CD's "Almond Cookie" in general.

I've ordered and tried a few products in this fragrance (including this oil) and feel as if the intensity of the fragrance differs based on the product. For example, the Almond Cookie body wash was great, but the Almond Cookie Eau du Toillette was so strong it gave me a headache....weird.

Regarding this oil, I used it a few times, but found it a bit heavy and felt as it rested on top of my skin as opposed to absorbing and actually moisturizing. Eventually, I started adding it to my bath water which was nice, but the fragrance can definitely be a little intense.

I agree with another reviewer that the name 'Almond Cookie' is somewhat misleading as it doesn't smell like almond cookies at all (to me). It is highly "musky", with lots of powdery undertones. There is a faint smell of almond, but the other fragrance profiles are so strong that the scent of almond tends to be covered up.

Overall an OK product, but for the price I think it could be improved upon.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

This review is for the Carol's Daughter Almond cookie dry oil mist......
It's ok..... It does smell like gormuet almond cookies when you 1st spray it.....
Then as it dries..... It smells like baby oil....I wish It smelled more like sweet almond.....there's a sweet almond oil that's sold in the supermarket cooking oil section.... Right by the spices, that smells a lot stronger.....
But, I will enjoy this mixed with unscented lotion until its gone......

on 1/16/2011 7:34:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Great Bath oil with a lovely scent. I apply this while my skin is still wet from the shower. And cause I love the scent so much I think I will also use this in my hair. I think the Tui hair oil and this have pretty much the same base ingredients.

on 3/30/2010 2:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I am a Carols Daughter fan! I found her line of products at TJ MAXX and literally wiped them out. My favorites are Almond Cookie and Ocean. I never layer Ocean because it has a strong scent anyway. I mostly use the body scrub and the smell lasts all day. It gives my bathroom a nice smell also. If you are a Carols Daughter fan too, Almond Cookie may remind you of Jergins lotion (back in the day). I usually layer Almond Cookie, using the scrub, bath oil and follow up with the lotion. I have not tried the parfume.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Love this scent. Great body oil I look forward to bathing in it every night.

on 1/22/2010 9:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I just took my first bath with this product, and really, really enjoyed it. The scent is delicious, and even though I used just a little, my bathroom smelled heavenly. The scent that it leaves on your skin after use is subtle and soothing.

This product does have corn oil as an ingredient, but it is listed second to sweet almond oil. Again, I used just a little, and found the water just nicely soft and moisturized. When I rinsed the tub, I found it no more slippery than any wet tub. If, when I take my next bath, the tub is a slippery mess I will edit this review, lol.

The cost at Sephora is $20.00, but I feel it is a good value since so little is needed to both scent the tub and moisturize. The bottle is soft plastic, and it is easy to control the amount of oil being poured.

I'll definitely buy again, but it will probably be a while since this bottle should last a good while.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got this and the Almond Cookie Shea Souffle together from one of the home shopping networks I forget which one.
I really like this. It came with a net body scrub thing which fell apart immediately but this stuff cleaned and lathered luxuriously and smelled like almond oil. My skin was smooth and soft afterwards.
I usually use Dove soap but this is very nice.

LOVE the almond cookie shea souffle as a hand cream.

on 11/25/2009 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I ordered this overpriced indulgence thinking it would actually smell like Almond Cookie. Not so. It has an initial smell of almond in the bottle, then quickly takes on a baby powder/baby oil smell. So, it failed on the main reason I ordered the product. As for how it WORKS... Not well, I'm afraid. It is a base of sweet almond oil, corn oil and a touch of jojoba. Because of the addition of the corn oil, the product is very heavy. Unlike straight almond oil (wonderful stuff) which slips on the skin lightly--this product casts an oily film on your skin and tub. Not fun to have to scrub the bath down after every use, which will be required w/the use of this product. The packaging is cute, I must say. Little seeds and nuts float attractively in the bottle. However, I will most certainly not repurchase this product, based both on the way it smells, and the product's performance.

Popular Bath Treatments