Ulta Amped Lashes

Ulta Amped Lashes

3.3

on 9/15/2017 11:18:00 PM

Initially got this as a gift with purchase, but have bought it again. It is a drier formula, which I like. It goes on very dark, doesn't clump, doesn't smudge ( unless it is very humid), lasts all day, with minor flaking, and doesn't irritate my eyes. Comes off with cleanser and a microfiber cloth. Worth a shot when it goes on sale.

ETA: I did not get the waterproof formula.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This came as part of a gift with purchase, and even though it's fairly decent, I'm glad I didn't pay for it.

It's dry (maybe it's just my tube), and it takes a minimum of 3 coats to do its job.

On the plus side, it looks natural and sets super fast. It would be worth a try if you've got great lashes and just want a natural-looking enhancement.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is an okay mascara. I got it for free as a gift with purchase and have tried it out a few times. The brush is extremely flexible. It kind of feels like its about to break every time I use it, but it's possible that despite the flexibility that it is sturdy; it hasn't broken yet. The formula is neither too wet or dry, but it didn't seem to do much for my lashes without building it up with a couple coats. One and two coats did next to nothing. With multiple coats there was some length and definition but not much volume. If you prefer natural looking mascaras then you may like this.It's not the worst mascara I've ever tried but I would not purchase it myself.

on 9/11/2015 11:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is my favorite mascara ever!!!! I don't understand the bad reviews. I'm wondering if it's because the waterproof version is reviewed here as well and they're very different mascaras. Anyway, I love this mascara because it thickens but it doesn't overly do it. It goes on easily, doesn't make my eyes burn (which many mascaras do), doesn't flake or clump and the brush is exactly the way I like it. Also, no smell at all. The price is great too - especially when you combine it with the specials and rewards points.

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I'm wondering if some of the positive or negative reviews of this mascara have to do with lash length, eye type or cheekbone structure. I'm a white person with very long lashes and hooded Sami eyes and high cheekbones. I also have horrible allergies that cause watery eyes and oily skin. For mascara to survive on my eyes it has to be almost unable to smudge. (ZuZu Luxe in, "Espresso" is my HG.)

This is a fairly standard mascara. It doesn't flake. It doesn't leave tracks around your eyes. However, it does leave grey, ghostly smudges in about three hours after you put it on. I tried it with Ulta's waterproof mascara over it, and that seemed to make it worse. It smudges on powder foundation, primer + liquid foundation, and CC cream. But, that may just be me. If mascara doesn't smudge on you, it might be worth checking out.

on 7/21/2014 11:16:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This is definitely my go to mascara, I love it so much! It combs through nicely, separates great, adds volume and length, and doesn't flake or clump. It doesn't give crazy drama so if you like very dramatic lashes this probably wouldn't be for you. It does have more of a wet formula but my lashes don't stick together so it's not a problem for me. Overall this is just a great product. Love it!

I got Amped Lashes as Part of a Gift Set. I LOVE the Sleek Cylindrical Tube (Silver, I know they change these often) and the rubbery comb applicator that separated my lashes well as I applied. I got GREAT Volume and Length with this mascara. It looked GREAT. Then, less than an hour later, I did a mirror check and, I had black "eyeliner" all around my eyes, a real smokey smudged look. The only problem was that I wasn't wearing ANY eyeliner at all, the mascara had seemed to melt AROUND my eyes leaving an almost PERFECT smokey black smudged eyeliner look (not what I was really going for during the day) and my eyelashes were pretty much without mascara....really. I have never seen anything like it. No raccoon eyes even, no flaking. And I could NOT get the line under my eye (that appeared to be liner) off easily although I felt stupid looking with a dark smudgy look under the entire length of my eye.

This was NOT the waterproof mascara either, but it was rubbery. I finally gave up trying to get rid of my undereye "line" and just brushed more mascara through my lashes until I had once again achieved those full voluminous lashes that I had started out with and went on about the things that I had to get done. A while later I rechecked and I had an even MORE pronouned "smokey" line all the way around my eyes but my lashes were, once agin, no longer voluminous or thick. I gave up, pulled Too Faced LASHgasm out of my purse and filled in the lashes....not as voluminous but enough and quite long and, HEY with those SEXY bedroom eyes...I had it going on....for my trip to the dog park.

I tried Ulta Amped lashes several times as I do love the initial volume and length it gives but I had the same problem each time. So I have finally given up. I think I have one more tube and I put it up for swap.

3 lippies for initial volume and length and because at least it did not completely melt and leave an ugly mess. Instead I ended up with what appeared to be REALLY overdone waterproof (form a non-waterproof mascara) smokey liner all the way around my eyes. It was rubbery and exceedingly hard to remove.

Can't really recommend as I only got one hours worth of actual mascara wear out of each application and spent a good 10 minutes and a lot of eye makeup remover removing my "smokey liner"

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE this mascara one of my all time favorites. The only thing that i can think would be possibly wrong is the price is kind of pricey 10 dollars, yes i know your probably thinking wow that's cheap compared to too faced etc. Its just for basically a generic brand i would expect it to be maybe 6,7,8. Rather then that it lengthens and volumizes great. I love it to comb through my lashes, it always de clumps and adds length. The volume could be better but i have thick lashes so its not really a problem for me.

Omg this mascara gives you mega volume! All time favorite mascara it will NEVER go to rest. The wand is amazing for getting every lash. And it's only 4 bucks!!!!! Worth it!!! The formula is perfect and so is the volume... GO GET YOU SOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

on 7/16/2013 11:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This mascara is one of my favorites! It gives me so much length and holds the curl all day. One thing I would like would be a little more volume, but overall, this product is really nice. It never clumps and it doesn't feel heavy on my lashes. I don't own the waterproof one but it still NEVER smudges, and that's definitely hard to find.
This mascara is definitely worth the price and I would recommend for anyone :)